Most pathetic excuse for a loss

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

Huge Nate fan but that was awful. First of all Josh Thompson comes to fight & put on some classics with Melendez. I find it lame to trash a fighter that turns out to be legit; I respect the Cerrone perspective after losing to Nate. Most importantly Josh set up that head kick, far from a fluke. He got flat lined, plain & simple.

Last edited:

That's just downright ludicrous, even for a Diaz.

" The ref stopped it because of a cut"
- Tiki Ghosn

The cut:

C3gt.gif

BJ Penn's mom wrote a letter to the athletic commission complaining about GSP greasing.

"“Although still in shock and fearful for my son, it then made sense to me why B.J. couldn’t defend himself. Georges St. Pierre used a greasy substance on his body, therefore giving St. Pierre an unfair advantage over my son, B.J. Penn."

Honourable mention: AJ Mckee's corner telling him he was up against Patricio Freire.

Back