Most pathetic excuse for a loss

Huge Nate fan but that was awful. First of all Josh Thompson comes to fight & put on some classics with Melendez. First, I find it lame to trash a fighter that turns out to be legit; I respect the Cerrone perspective after losing to Nate. Second and most importantly Josh set up that head kick, far from a fluke. He got flat lined, plain & simple.

Yeah. Thompson was landing that head kick multiple times during the fight as well. Nate is just a poor sport.

BJ Penn's mom wrote a letter to the athletic commission complaining about GSP greasing.

"“Although still in shock and fearful for my son, it then made sense to me why B.J. couldn’t defend himself. Georges St. Pierre used a greasy substance on his body, therefore giving St. Pierre an unfair advantage over my son, B.J. Penn."

Honourable mention: AJ Mckee's corner telling him he was up against Patricio Freire.
His mom's right tho, that one is based not pathetic

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.
So what Diaz is saying, is he got KO'd by a girlie fighter? The same guy who got beaten by a YOUTUBE dude! LOL I love seeing Diaz's get beat up!

Reactions: YSB
" The ref stopped it because of a cut"
- Tiki Ghosn

The cut:

C3gt.gif

In his defence he said that straight after being kod so was likely just confused as hell about everything

It means it was a bad day for him.
Health problems, mind not at its place etc
For example, BSD vs Poirier.

English is not my main language, but it seems pretty obvious what they mean by this.

The point is its a stupid, hallow, pointless excuse for losing a fight. Did you get in injured? Did you have staph Did you over train and hurt your own fitness coming into the fight? Maybe, but you also chose to go ahead with the fight and now you've lost all right to complain/say anything that can be looked at as an excuse.

McGregor really cracked me up the first time Dustin knocked him out.

He blamed a foot injury and just spoke about Dustin’s amazing leg kicks.

The McGregor era was in the midst of its last roar at the time and his fans seemed to forget he was knocked the f out with a barrage of punches to his face.

" The ref stopped it because of a cut"
- Tiki Ghosn

The cut:

C3gt.gif
I never understood this one. He was fucking concussed. Of course he said something fucking stupid.

Remember when they interviewed Backstrom after he got KO'ed against Wilkinson? Was a complete disaster.

Shitdog is a strange place.

On one hand, the quote in the OP is absolutely hilarious and is the definition of someone being a sore loser. It is most definitely pathetic.

On the other hand, nothing contained within it is an excuse. How do you fuck up your own thread premise immediately?

It's like clicking on a link that says 'Busty Nurses 5' and then the Godfather starts playing. Good movie, but it's not what was promised.

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.

How is this an excuse lol ...

Ronda is up there

Wine from Costa .

Most Brazilians and Russians who all the sudden have injuries after losses but never with wins ..

Etc

I’d like to point out that Nate imitating the sounds he claims Thomson was making is one of the funniest things either Diaz has done in an interview. That said, as much as many of us like the Diazes as fighters, we know that giving credit to their opponents after a loss is not really in their wheelhouse.

Thomson was a beast though. Really sad how fast the time passed. That era with lightweights like Cerrone, Pettis, Bendo, Gil, Thomson at the top of their game does not seem so long ago. Great fighters. Now most of those guys are retired.

So what Diaz is saying, is he got KO'd by a girlie fighter? The same guy who got beaten by a YOUTUBE dude! LOL I love seeing Diaz's get beat up!
Nate got rocked he was never out and was still defending or trying to

The point is its a stupid, hallow, pointless excuse for losing a fight. Did you get in injured? Did you have staph Did you over train and hurt your own fitness coming into the fight? Maybe, but you also chose to go ahead with the fight and now you've lost all right to complain/say anything that can be looked at as an excuse.
But some people don't use it as "So I shouldn't have lost, they didn't beat me" but as a "I know I can do better, don't judge me on that alone, that's not my ceiling, I'm not done yet.." etc etc

Back