Most pathetic excuse for a loss

it mostly depends on how a fight goes,
or how they perform in their next outing.

if a fighter is winning and makes an error like walking away before finishing
then yes AN EXCUSE IS VALID . or like izzy dominating alex until getting caught and then YES.
Also if a fighter known for performing well then blanks out .... but then comes back
with another string of wins and even avenge their loss (AMANDA NUNES, IZZY, ALJO, FRANCIS)
Then YES ill buy any excuse for their loss.

its only when a fighter keeps losing or getting dominated when their excuses shouldnt be valid.
(Nate Diaz)

lastly i gotta say this.
people gotta stop worrying about petty things like this. at the end of they day they are they are the ones risking it in the cage and risking
their paycheck for not performing well, so Unlike most I DONT CARE ! My only thing is Just keep it entertaining.
the thing that ENRAGES me is when a fighter HYPES UP THEIR NEXT BOUT,
ACT LIKE A LUNATIC, Asks for a BLOOD BATH SLUG FEST,
and then when the fight comes they barely engage, attempt to win on points
and lose by decision.
<{cruzshake}>

It is amusing when a fighter wins by sort of lucky circumstances it was skill but when they lose it was bad luck. MMA has a fair amount of chance so as the saying goes favors the prepared. He Hills excuse but he zoned out on foul call which was poor judgement in his part. If Hill said he goofed coz of the call fine. It seemed like Herb was going to break. But there was plenty of time for Hill to react. Not like when PBF hit immediately as break in process, lamest win of his otherwise impressive run.

Shitdog is a strange place.

On one hand, the quote in the OP is absolutely hilarious and is the definition of someone being a sore loser. It is most definitely pathetic.

On the other hand, nothing contained within it is an excuse. How do you fuck up your own thread premise immediately?

It's like clicking on a link that says 'Busty Nurses 5' and then the Godfather starts playing. Good movie, but it's not what was promised.
I'm surprised not many people have picked up on this.

blew up like a balloon

did not fight efficient. me energy efficiency

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.
Thing is, Hill is a bit of a club-fighter turned contender. I’ve been watching this sport for 15+ years, the guy can throw some punches, whooptie-doo…

This idea that this fight is even worth excessive analysis is just insulting to the sport. You stood with Poatan, you got slept, this is normal sir, excuses about spacing and distance just crack me up beyond belief.

it was a NC, not a loss, but Gray Maynard's "I wasn't out" literally after slamming his head into the mat and knocking himself out will always come to mind
Honestly, I think even worse was that Rob Emerson being a bitch on the other side of that. Tapping and crying from the slam, but still turns around to say that Gray "felt unconscious" on top of him

I'm surprised not many people have picked up on this.
Huge Diaz brothers fan. Ok … Josh had landed that head kick already. Nate’s corner told him to do something about that open stance head kick … Nate gets dropped by the open stance head kick, and is taking senseless damage that leads to his corner throwing in the towel, just as the referee decides to stop the fight-

And yet, he ran and made feminine sounds during the fight (which isn’t even original trash talk, Nate got that from a Tyson post fight interview). Nate wasn’t winning, it didn’t go to decision, the stoppage wasn’t controversial, and all hypothetical injuries aside, it’s reasonable to think Josh could win a rematch (Josh was well rounded, tough, great cardio, and had better kicks than Nate).

"i was concussed" - ronda rousey.

seems to me that a person with a concussion would have a hard time getting cleared to fight. i dont know tho.... im not big john mccarthy.

" The ref stopped it because of a cut"
- Tiki Ghosn

The cut:

C3gt.gif

Oh Tiki...

That's gotta be it.

It's the first PPV I ordered.
I was in middle school and skipped lunches for a week or two to save up for it.
Invited over a good number of friends.
Practically the first party I threw.

Good times, good times

Back