Motor Racing 2023

what a shitshow that ending was. fia fucked sainz.

that being said, barring a DNF or some magical fuck up by the team strategist, i dont see anyone beating red bull and max and perez. straightline speed is ridiculous and it seems like once max/checo take the lead theyre just barely pushing what the car can do.

happy for the alonso hype train to.

These Euros and their stupid rules. It's difficult to enjoy European racing because the sanctioning bodies have so much control over the results.

These Euros and their stupid rules. It's difficult to enjoy European racing because the sanctioning bodies have so much control over the results.
who needs american atempt on entertainment. they saw red bull is way better then everybody else and now they will for smallest thing bring restart on red flag hopping there is excitement for few laps. then all diversity push no wonder merc edge on engineering is slipping. f1 will become shell of former self.

*laughs in GWC Overtime/"moment of caution"*

who needs american atempt on entertainment. they saw red bull is way better then everybody else and now they will for smallest thing bring restart on red flag hopping there is excitement for few laps. then all diversity push no wonder merc edge on engineering is slipping. f1 will become shell of former self.

Wait now, how is it you say that red bull’s dominance is the reason for all the red flags?

Wait now, how is it you say that red bull’s dominance is the reason for all the red flags?
it is try for excitement. same thing nascar fans are complaing about in nascar with their flags being thrown in later stages of race to make it exiting and not watch just formality who will win. before liberty took over bernie was not concerned about spectacle because people watched for racing and appreciated somebody winning by big margin but now since liberty took over they made sure to tell us about engeniring of formula 1 how cars are space shuutles compared to other forms of racing but now they do not know what to do when talking to much comes back to hurt them. lol now they want racing by throwing flags. see f1 was great when racin was doing talking and now it is ceo who go around and creating twists plots drama that nobody is interested in and i put blame on liberty for that

since libe
since liberty took over f1 became racialy charged as well. using their american proved way to get attention. i mean before people liked drivers but there were no insults between them since liberty took over they put lewis on pedestal and intentionaly wrote and talked about other drivers in negative light and critisizam. so people start forming camps just watch reddit subreddits all result of liberty bring everything that is not racing to f1

it is try for excitement. same thing nascar fans are complaing about in nascar with their flags being thrown in later stages of race to make it exiting and not watch just formality who will win. before liberty took over bernie was not concerned about spectacle because people watched for racing and appreciated somebody winning by big margin but now since liberty took over they made sure to tell us about engeniring of formula 1 how cars are space shuutles compared to other forms of racing but now they do not know what to do when talking to much comes back to hurt them. lol now they want racing by throwing flags. see f1 was great when racin was doing talking and now it is ceo who go around and creating twists plots drama that nobody is interested in and i put blame on liberty for that

I definitely agree that the decision was made for the sake of excitement. Not sure if we can lay that one Liberty (not saying that’s wrong either BTW, I just don’t know who makes the call). What I don’t get is how Red Bull’s dominance would be the reason for the decision. They made what was substantively the same call in Abu Dhabi in 21 in what was the tightest spread between 1 and 2 drivers in years. That is to say, equalizing a dominant team to the rest of the field isn’t necessarily a required ingredient for the decision to red flag.

who would have predicted Alonso would have multiple podiums after so long? very likeable guy too.
easy to root for.

NASCAR team owners boycotted a meeting with NASCAR Wednesday over the television revenue sharing.

ha, yea I guess I remember when he was dickish. maybe the great ones go through that prima donna stage.
Hamilton certainly did as well as maybe Vettel. Max sort of is that way, must be the champion swagger. lol

wallace's tires were shot so he had to try and block.
one too many blocks initiates contact from behind.
love the super speedway thing though.
no short track bs for me.

Wonder if Preece would have been killed by that before the implementation of the hans device?

Superspeedway racing sucks these days. That was just a parking lot full of guys who had no where to go. They need to figure something out. In the 90s you had pack racing but the cars had room between them to make moves. 90% of today's race was just two rows of cars following each other for hundreds of miles with almost no passing going on other than each line moving a car length or two forward and backward.

Seems as if the implementation of technology just keeps making racing worse and worse. Martinsville had multiple commercial breaks go by with almost no changes in the top 20. I've never witnessed a more boring Martinsville race than that. The cars handle too well, brake too well, accelerate too easy and disturb the air so badly that close racing is too difficult. Starting to go the way of F1.

Pretty much.
I record the whole thing, then fast forward through it looking for any action.

Back