Movies Movie News and Notes

Sad to see that Coppola cannot find a distributor for Megalopolis.

The LA screening was a disaster. None of the US distributors have been willing to buy it.

Coppola supposedly spending $120m of his own money on it is his business. I just want to watch the thing, even if it is terrible.

Somebody somewhere is going to pick it up. I hope. Feels like a sad story though.
It isn't a remake or reboot so of course nobody wants to touch it
I just read who's in it and I'll watch it whenever it's released

At this point, I'm wondering how cameras could possibly be improved.

I get the feeling new movie cameras are like new smartphones. Mine is 6 years old, and don't see any significance over the new ones being released today.

Saw an article saying QT scrapped his plans for the movie critic

Official Trailer for TRANSFORMERS ONE Featuring the Voices of Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, better known as sworn enemies, but once were friends bonded like brothers who changed the fate of Cybertron forever. In the first-ever fully CG-animated Transformers movie, TRANSFORMERS ONE features a star-studded voice cast, including Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Keegan-Michael Key, Steve Buscemi with Laurence Fishburne and Jon Hamm. Only in theatres September 20.

Official Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's TRAP Starring Josh Hartnett

A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize they’re at the center of a dark and sinister event.

Official Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's TRAP Starring Josh Hartnett

A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize they’re at the center of a dark and sinister event.

Way to.give away the movies surprise in the trailer you fucking clowns.

To be honest I spotted that "twist" right away.
Fair, but still. Removes every reason to see the movie.

But then again, this guy loves throwing curve balls so you never know. He's not known for giving up the big surprise in trailers, but hinting at them. So a blantant give away isn't his usual style.

Fair, but still. Removes every reason to see the movie.

But then again, this guy loves throwing curve balls so you never know. He's not known for giving up the big surprise in trailers, but hinting at them. So a blantant give away isn't his usual style.
I could definitely see a, it's the daughter who's the real villain type swerve.

I could definitely see a, it's the daughter who's the real villain type swerve.
Family affair imo.

Honestly I'm just happy to see Hartnett back in a lead role, always thought he had the talent for it. He just kinda... Fell off the face of the earth.

Part of me wishes that they were actually dumb enough to produce the female-led version of the script that Ali threatened to quit over.

LOL...I read an article that they had a female black screenwriter known for Plays and then hired a black male screenwriter not known for anything other than a Netflix series about Colin Kaeppernick becoming an activist. What the fuck did they think was going to get written....A black female led character teaching "Life Lessons" to Vampires....Ali would have been 4th billed. What?? Perfect example of why shit sucks now.

Back