Movies Movie Review sites you trust

imagine giving a fuck about other people ratings

i like random crapshoots
thats what life is all about

i miss tinymixtapes (rip) <2>
rip every frame a painting too.

i like listening to the take podcast w/ mark kermode & simon mayo, blank check (best movie podcast imo), the movies that made me (not really reviews per se, but get plenty of random recs out of it) & you must remember this podcast (oral film essays, so not really reviews either)

i ofc love me some rlm, but that’s more for entertainment than for discovering films/film criticism

None really. Movies are too subjective. Instead, I trust studios/directors/labels.

Usually anything A24 puts it out is going to be interesting. Then boutique labels/distributors like Arrow Video, Shout Factory, Vinegar Syndrome. Their movie are up my alley so it's easy to take a chance on those.

If I let the ratings sway me, I would have missed out on quite a few shows on amazon in particular. Some of them don't link to the imdb rating and only show the ratings of what people on there gave it. It seems like a lot of amazon users don't like anything with subtitles...

If I let the ratings sway me, I would have missed out on quite a few shows on amazon in particular. Some of them don't link to the imdb rating and only show the ratings of what people on there gave it. It seems like a lot of amazon users don't like anything with subtitles...
in-app ratings/reviewers, like on amazon, are the absolute dregs

I find imdb ratings track closest to my own opinion.

I check in on a handful of individual reviewers but I usually have an idea of my interest level based on director/actors and sometimes the studio. RT is great for general indication of general quality. Letterboxd is best for reviews.

For movie news and reviews, I usually go with The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline or Collider. Occasionally CinemaBlend or SuperheroHype gets them right.

Haven't played my HSX account in years, so I am not sure of some of the go-to sites for other movie-related info. BoxOfficeMojo and The Numbers were always awesome for box office figures, charts, projections, theatre counts and release dates (and changes). Learned a lot playing HSX, and made some contacts with people involved in the movie industry. The forums there are a wealth of information, and a lot of the posters definitely are on the inside.

Just logged in for shits and giggles...

My Portfolio
Net Worth:H$2,210,887,908.47

H$1,415,927,958.58
Cash

H$794,959,949.89
Investments

HOLLYWOOD DOLLARS®
Change Today

H+$199,801.06 (0.01%)
(-1) :: Percentile: 94.2

0.02%