Movie trilogies that get better with each film

Rise of Skywalker

giphy.gif
that70s-show-oh-is-that-what-were-gonna-do-today.gif

Good call and probably the best answer that could be given itt imo, although FAFDM is actually my favorite western ever and in my top 5 all time movies.

@The Good The Bad The HBK can weigh in here

I think Few Dollars and GBU are easily above most to all westerns. Personally few dollars is my favourite western of all time and it's also one of my favourite movies of all time so we are in full agreement there.

The only thing I can never understand are those who like Fistful more than few dollars or GBU. Fistful is great but without a doubt the weakest of the 3.

Not that difficult to understand......all 3 are very good, but no way the 3rd one was as good as the first 2.
i think you’re wrong tbh. Midnight is equally as good as the first two, & can be argued has the best performances from both Hawke & Delpy.

Sergio Leone spaghetti trilogy and it's not even close.

I think Few Dollars and GBU are easily above most to all westerns. Personally few dollars is my favourite western of all time and it's also one of my favourite movies of all time so we are in full agreement there.

The only thing I can never understand are those who like Fistful more than few dollars or GBU. Fistful is great but without a doubt the weakest of the 3.

You could be right there.

Fistfull
Few Dollars More
Good, Bad

I tend to like the 2nd one best due to the emotionality of the story. Not to mention the sublime music.

That showdown music of the 2nd movie is the greatest I've heard (both the haunting tinkly watch music and the grand trumpet theme that follows it.)

Only thing that comes close to it is the showdown music of Once Upon a Time in the West.

But definitely that Clint trilogy should be added to the list of progressively better movies/sequels.

Movies that got better with each film

In other words, the polar opposite of the "Meet The Parents" trilogy. <45>

By the 3rd one, they took the plane and nose dived that motherfucker into a building.

Didn't they have to beg Dustin Hoffman to do the 3rd one, lol.

Loved the first one though. 2nd was ok.

Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
Before Midnight
before.jpg
Would not have believed that anyone on Sherdog would have taste enough to post this trilogy, so hat's off to you, Sir.

These movies really are amazing, for those not in the know: each movie is set 9 years apart (and filmed 9 years apart too) and we drop in on a 90 minutes in the lives of Jesse and Celine: mid 20'ies when they meet for the first time, early 30ies in the sequel and early 40'ies in Before Midnight.

There are hardly any other characters, it's just them talking, relating to each other, experiencing life and we follow them around. The second one (Before Sunset) is probably my personal favourite, but the third really is a masterpiece, though it shatters the romantic fantasy.

The last two basically take place in real time and the chemistry between Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy is off the charts: unmatched in the history of cinema. Watch them with your wives or girlfriends, sherdoggers, highly recommended.

Back