Muay Thai Bag Recommendation

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a heavy bag for home use. I'm not planning on competing so it's just gonna be for fun, fitness, learn as much as I can through research, and to appease the inner fighter-in-another-life side of me. Since I don't plan on needing any real technique for competitions sake, I'm not looking for a $400 bag or anything but I don't want a cheapie crap bag either. I tried ordering an Outslayer 100lb and then a 130lb MT bag after the first one was cancelled and now this morning the other one was cancelled as well. I ordered through Walmart.com because they had it for a cheap price with free shipping. I'm not sure if it's Outslayer themselves or if it's that I didn't go through someone like Amazon or whatever so if I don't want to go with either one of them, Amazon is limited on the bags that would be within 1-3 months out so I'm looking at a few but not many would ship soon. Anyone know anything about Ring to Cage or Combat Sports Muay Thai bags or would it be worth trying to get the Outslayer bag yet? Those are the 3 that would be available within a week and are similarly priced except for $74 shipping for the Outslayer.

Hey man! Honestly, the quality of punching bags is not such a big issue as long as it is tall enough and hard enough. Back in Turkmenistan, I used to have a punching bag that I bought from the local bazaar so it had no name or brand. It was just a leather bag filled with sand it did the job well. One of my favorite brands, RDX, sells their punching bags on Amazon. Here is the link to one of their punching bags: https://www.amazon.com/RDX-Punching...sr=8-1-spons&keywords=punching+bag&th=1&psc=1
The price tag is similar to the Outslayer model and it even comes with a pair of nice gloves. The only problem is that is NOT FILLED. But there are many guides online that should help you with filling the bag with sand (or even old clothes if you like).

Hey man! Honestly, the quality of punching bags is not such a big issue as long as it is tall enough and hard enough. Back in Turkmenistan, I used to have a punching bag that I bought from the local bazaar so it had no name or brand. It was just a leather bag filled with sand it did the job well. One of my favorite brands, RDX, sells their punching bags on Amazon. Here is the link to one of their punching bags: https://www.amazon.com/RDX-Punching-UNFILLED-Kickboxing-Training/dp/B0771JQF99/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546514135&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=punching+bag&th=1&psc=1
The price tag is similar to the Outslayer model and it even comes with a pair of nice gloves. The only problem is that is NOT FILLED. But there are many guides online that should help you with filling the bag with sand (or even old clothes if you like).

I decided upon ordering the R2C bag last night because of that sentiment. I don't think it REALLY matters for someone like me who's not using it to train for a fight and needs the best possible. I probably wouldn't even know the difference between a Fairtex and an Everlast bag in all honesty. I'm sure it will be plenty enough for my needs.

I decided upon ordering the R2C bag last night because of that sentiment. I don't think it REALLY matters for someone like me who's not using it to train for a fight and needs the best possible. I probably wouldn't even know the difference between a Fairtex and an Everlast bag in all honesty. I'm sure it will be plenty enough for my needs.
I totally agree. Have fun with your new bag!

I totally agree. Have fun with your new bag!
Finally got it yesterday and just minutes it in the garage. Now I might think about getting shorter chains or straps because it rests on the floor just too much. I'd rather it swing but it's like maybe two inches too tall. And the one I got is apparently only 5"6' so I'm glad I didn't get one of their other ones that are actually true 6'. Although it seems like it resting on the floor isn't a big deal to some

Finally got it yesterday and just minutes it in the garage. Now I might think about getting shorter chains or straps because it rests on the floor just too much. I'd rather it swing but it's like maybe two inches too tall. And the one I got is apparently only 5"6' so I'm glad I didn't get one of their other ones that are actually true 6'. Although it seems like it resting on the floor isn't a big deal to some
That's good to hear. Some people even let the punching bag touch the floor. After all, the longer the bag the heavier it can get. The heavier it is the less it will swing.

Hey man! Honestly, the quality of punching bags is not such a big issue as long as it is tall enough and hard enough. Back in Turkmenistan, I used to have a punching bag that I bought from the local bazaar so it had no name or brand. It was just a leather bag filled with sand it did the job well. One of my favorite brands, RDX, sells their punching bags on Amazon. Here is the link to one of their punching bags: https://www.amazon.com/RDX-Punching-UNFILLED-Kickboxing-Training/dp/B0771JQF99/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546514135&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=punching+bag&th=1&psc=1

Can you explain the quality of this bag? It has everything you would want in a bag i.e. bottom D ring & synthetic leather but there must be some flaw given the price? Having a hard time between this and Fairtex HB5 but I can save myself $100 then its a no brainer

Can you explain the quality of this bag? It has everything you would want in a bag i.e. bottom D ring & synthetic leather but there must be some flaw given the price? Having a hard time between this and Fairtex HB5 but I can save myself $100 then its a no brainer
To begin with, RDX has really good prices for the quality they offer. My MMA gloves from RDX were not very expensive but its quality seemed top-notch. I would go for this bag if I were you.

Fairtex products in general tend to be a bit more on the expensive side. They are like the rolls royce of Thailand. Good products but also high prices. Honestly, you will not notice any difference between the two products. The only difference is that the Fairtex one is pretty long (much longer than your average punching bag)

Back