Muay Thai Legend Nokweed Devy has Passed Away!

kingkokong

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
NOKWEED+DAVEY.jpg

Was one of the best trainers and worked at "WMC Lamai Samai" before moving to his brother's gym "Pideng Muay Thai."

Giving up like 30 or so pounds to fight a young K1 star Jerome Le Banner

RIP :(

Edit : Fightland did an article on Nokweed

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/rip-nokweed-davy

Last edited:
omg so sad to hear...hell of a fighter in his time
rip legend

So many of them go so early. It would be cool if someone established a digital database to record the details of these legends' careers, before the details follow them all to the grave.

farang fighters Jos Mendonça and Léo Monteiro have a podcast where Leo was paying his respects and telling that he was addicted to "Ice" which is a mix of metamphetamine that they smoke in a pipe, weighing about 40 kilos. so sad.

farang fighters Jos Mendonça and Léo Monteiro have a podcast where Leo was paying his respects and telling that he was addicted to "Ice" which is a mix of metamphetamine that they smoke in a pipe, weighing about 40 kilos. so sad.

It's true... some former fighters/trainers will often turn to ice to help them through up to 5+ privates a day.
They're also addicted to gambling, booze and weed.

It's true... some former fighters/trainers will often turn to ice to help them through up to 5+ privates a day.
They're also addicted to gambling, booze and weed.
He killed a taxi driver also..a fearsome fighter but not exactly an hero.

Few more Nokweed fights. Had not seen his fight vs Sakad in Japan before, although it did kind of have the character of a sparring session.

Last edited:
51 accordingly to the vice article

wow, thats young. and not to long ago i read something about another thai legend that died early. is it because of fighting or the life style after their carreer? one of them was a drug addict i believe

wow, thats young. and not to long ago i read something about another thai legend that died early. is it because of fighting or the life style after their carreer? one of them was a drug addict i believe
Alot of thai fighters are dying young as the result of complications from all being midgets.

Post career lifestyle.

Ramon Dekkers? Nokweed did have his issues with Ice and alcohol, not sure what caused Dekkers heart attack at 40

Ramon Dekkers? Nokweed did have his issues with Ice and alcohol, not sure what caused Dekkers heart attack at 40

ramon dekker i have no clue either. but he is the exception among dutch/european fighters. (well if we dont count the ones who died of non natural causes)

Back