Munhoz implied Edgar earned the nod on the judge’s scorecards due to name recognition.

I understand his frustration but he is a head hunter, with good leg kicks, and even I thought he lost. I think after watching it again he probably edged Frankie out but still very close. He should re-think his strategy just a hair, make a slight tweak to his style in that doesn't constantly look for the knockout. Incorporate a few take downs and some more boxing combinations. He can learn a thing or two from Frankie in that regard.

No rematch, Frankie is too much of a point fighter, will be on his bike for another 25 minutes and earn a split close decision...again, fight someone else, let the rest of the top 5 retire him.

PS: i was on Munhoz side for the decision, quite close, but understandable split decision.

I personally think the punches Munhoz missed wildly because of Frankie's movement caused him to lose in the judges eyes. I had Munhoz winning 3-2 but I could sense the judges giving it to Frankie because of those moments.
There you go Finally

this was about boxing looking a ton more appealing than brawling mauling

i saw what you did The ducking and pearling on predictable haymakers It was very nice to see

I understand his frustration but he is a head hunter, with good leg kicks, and even I thought he lost. I think after watching it again he probably edged Frankie out but still very close. He should re-think his strategy just a hair, make a slight tweak to his style in that doesn't constantly look for the knockout. Incorporate a few take downs and some more boxing combinations. He can learn a thing or two from Frankie in that regard.
lol "Munhoz is a head hunter" jesus christ what utter delusion.
go tell me who landed more strikes to the torso and legs...

the difference is pretty simple: When Edgar wins, I see headlines on news websites talking about "Former Champ Frankie Edgar wins 135 debut!". If Munhoz had won, I'd have seen nothing. Guess which makes the UFC more money?

I personally think the punches Munhoz missed wildly because of Frankie's movement caused him to lose in the judges eyes. I had Munhoz winning 3-2 but I could sense the judges giving it to Frankie because of those moments.
Defense doesn't score points though, it's about the strikes you land, not the ones you miss.

lol "Munhoz is a head hunter" jesus christ what utter delusion.
go tell me who landed more strikes to the torso and legs...

the difference is pretty simple: When Edgar wins, I see headlines on news websites talking about "Former Champ Frankie Edgar wins 135 debut!". If Munhoz had won, I'd have seen nothing. Guess which makes the UFC more money?

Relax hard charger, I said I think Munoz edged Frankie. I’m referencing how things can appear in real time to the judges. He can learn from Frankie in terms of the occasional takedown and less single punches and more combos.

Defense doesn't score points though, it's about the strikes you land, not the ones you miss.
Idk what the judges based their reasoning for giving it to Frankie, I just have a suspicion it was due to that

Uhhhh the bias is from the UFC wanting their marketable famous star to win because it makes them more money, regardless of reality.

The UFC has put plenty of fading stars against up and comers who predictably trounce them.
And where exactly does the additional revenue come from when a famous fighter wins?

The UFC has put plenty of fading stars against up and comers who predictably trounce them.
And where exactly does the additional revenue come from when a famous fighter wins?
Do they? Feel free to name them. The UFC almost never brings in a famous name guy to lose to a prospect. And when they do, they scramble to make it seem like the guy who won is a stud.
You don't understand how a name fighter winning makes the UFC money? Really? You don't understand how the concept of maintaining someone's celebrity status for the purpose of generating TV ratings on fights helps make a company money?

He beat you because he was busy landing shots while you whiffed looking for homeruns, and he grappled while you refused to try to do the same back.

Munhoz has the skills to be great, but not the brains. He's got great power and a great ground game, but he goes for a phonebooth fight every single time because of his cinder block of a chin.

Do they? Feel free to name them. The UFC almost never brings in a famous name guy to lose to a prospect.

A few off the top of my head:
Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida
Cain Velaquez vs. Minotauro Nogueira
Rashad Evans or Mauricio Rua vs. Anthony Smith
B.J. Penn vs. Yair Rodriguez or Ryan Hall

You don't understand how a name fighter winning makes the UFC money? Really? You don't understand how the concept of maintaining someone's celebrity status for the purpose of generating TV ratings on fights helps make a company money?

Fill me in: in the long run, how does propping up a fading star generate more revenue than creating a new one?

Though it was 2-2 going in to the fifth. The rounds were pretty close.

Do you favour the guy on his back foot countering fairly effectively, throwing in combination but not planting for power.

Or do you favour the guy who lands maybe 1-2 Power shots, is cutting the ring off off but is at time showing ineffective aggression, and who was the one who clearly rocked his opponent at times during the fight.

Also, goes to show how much 10lbs up means the guys are going to be showing much more power in their shots (ortega and zombie putting frankie out), 145 Aldo abusing frankie twice.

I'm not sure that happened in this fight but I wouldn't surprised if this happened in others

Frankie's a decision king, of course he was going to get the nod

You just do not fight Frankie once. That is why there are so many close decisions with him.

Back