My country is now in lockdown

All schools, kindergartens, colleges and other non-essential public institutions are closing due to Corona virus. All other companies have been told to have their employees work from home. All sporting events, concerts etc. cancelled.

After the announcement yesterday evening, groups of people in my city lost their minds and cleared out all the supermarkets, though there is no risk of supply shortage. Idiots are buying 10 litres of milk that will go bad in three days, hour long cues on a Wedensday night etc. I'm a little ashamed of people, actually, now 20% of people have a bunch of stuff they don't need and decent people and the elderly can't get toilet paper for a few days.

It's a strange feeling: a bit like being in a war or a zombie movie... streets are empty, people hoarding yeast - yet rationally, there isn't much to worry about.

Guess I'll get started on some sourdough.
Tell your ministers to post in the berry. They'll learn this shit is nothing.

i’m considering making my family stay at home next week tbh. My dude meets a lot of people in his work, so at this point i’m just waiting on him to bring it home.

Got me baffled why everybody is hoarding shit roll. It's a respiratory illness.

Maybe these dumbarses hear the expression 'shits about to get real' and the get the wrong idea.

I've cancelled my travel plans for the next two months. Planning to just relax in BKK and see how things pan out.

Was planning to fly to Italy next month but eh. Would have enjoyed a Euro summer

Got me baffled why everybody is hoarding shit roll. It's a respiratory illness.

Maybe these dumbarses hear the expression 'shits about to get real' and the get the wrong idea.

Or as a comedian in my country said: "people are now hoarding toilet paper. I guess you need that if you're an asshole".

That quote will go over everyone's heads lol
I remember that thread! LOL. and yes, sad to say most Sherdoggers probably couldnt distinguish on a map Finland from Denmark etc etc or say what the capital cities are of each

LOL, the retard of a prime minister here has implemented a ban on handshakes. Not even joking. <45><Lmaoo>

i’m considering making my family stay at home next week tbh. My dude meets a lot of people in his work, so at this point i’m just waiting on him to bring it home.

Maybe I am reading the wrong news here but I get a lot of bagdad bob feeling from the Gov here.
I feel the gov is a bit slow and dont really know how to handle stuff.

dbb7934c-a9dc-4709-94ab-023492e38864

Maybe I am reading the wrong news here but I get a lot of bagdad bob feeling from the Gov here.
I feel the gov is a bit slow and dont really know how to handle stuff.

dbb7934c-a9dc-4709-94ab-023492e38864
Right? It’s better being TOO careful than not careful enough. Cant believe they didnt decide against large crowds until yesterday. Sigh.

Right? It’s better being TOO careful than not careful enough. Cant believe they didnt decide against large crowds until yesterday. Sigh.

business as usual... Better to do nothing than anything.
Most bland gov ever.

I am home sick this week (no not corona) and I had to visit the VC..
Felt but paranoid with all the coughing and running noses there..
And I have to go back next week..

It was foretold in 1601.

Marcellus to Horatio said:
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

It-is-KNOWN.gif

Take care, TS!
Make sure you and your close ones keep living!

business as usual... Better to do nothing than anything.
Most bland gov ever.

I am home sick this week (no not corona) and I had to visit the VC..
Felt but paranoid with all the coughing and running noses there..
And I have to go back next week..
Feel better soon!
I get extremely paranoid dropping the kid off at preschool. Every toddler’s got a runny nose (as always this time of year) but all I see is little viruses running around. And my otherwise normal mom’s turned into a conspiracy theorist lol. It’s getting to me.

So I don't understand...

Left tells me its an issue and I should listen vs the Right telling me its nothing and nothing is going on.

Who is talking truth?

This thread has made me realise how little I know about Denmark.

Lego, butter cookies, bacon and pork.
Jan Molby, Peter and Kasper Schmeichel, Christian Eriksen, Michael and Brian Laudrup, Nicklas Bendtner..... ok quite a few footballers I'm sure there are a lot more if I really think about it and various other sportsmen/women.
Carlsberg and Tuborg.
Borgen, The Bridge, The Killing and Below the Surface.

So from that I assume that you're eating pork and drinking beer while playing with Lego and watching Scandi-noir and recordings of the 1992 UEFA European Championship final while you're made to stay at home.

So I don't understand...

Left tells me its an issue and I should listen vs the Right telling me its nothing and nothing is going on.

Who is talking truth?

Well you appear to be listening to politicians which is a major mistake.
Maybe try listening to what doctors and particularly epidemiologists say.
Politicians know fuck all about anything usually and this is no exception.

My country just gave Tom Hanks coronavirus

Beat that, ladyboys!

Well you appear to be listening to politicians which is a major mistake.
Maybe try listening to what doctors and particularly epidemiologists say.
Politicians know fuck all about anything usually and this is no exception.

Uhhh my man the people who you call Dr sit next to the politicians and agree with whoever. Not a valid way of forming an opinion ... Your experts have an agenda and voted for or against the president... Political view point is the only view on this and its not even in question.... Facts be damned who is correct? The president or "experts"

Back