Name a fighter that you think never reached their full potential

Michael Johnson most definetly. Dude can throw down with the best of them and has beat the likes of Dustin, Tony and Barboza but always comes up short in fights he is supposed to win. Hopefully he can rebound and put together a winning streak.

Frank?? I'd say he was actually an overachiever to what most people expeted. Becoming champion and also defeating Nog twice and submitting him? I'd say old Murs horseshoe up his ass paid off.
I think Frank Mir had the potential to be HW GOAT, so even though he had a good career after the motorcycle accident, it's impossible to know how good he would have been. A guy that size, that smart, with that much skill?

Cain Velasquez.

In an alternate universe with no injuries.......Holyshit.

AssuredDifficultAsiandamselfly-max-14mb.gif

1550y0m.gif

Imagine this speed but with experience.
I can't believe I forgot about Cain Velasquez.

I think Frank Mir had the potential to be HW GOAT, so even though he had a good career after the motorcycle accident, it's impossible to know how good he would have been. A guy that size, that smart, with that much skill?

I was at his fight vs Tank Abbott and will never forget that day.

Legend has it Mike Pyle was pretty much unbeatable in the gym

Dude had a pretty average career under the big lights

For me I have always thought that Michael Johnson is a really sad story. The guy just seemed like he had so much potential to be a champion and somehow so many fights it's almost like he would find ways to lose.

The guy has wins over Dustin Porier/Tony Ferguson/Gleison Tibau/ and Edson Barbosa but currently has a pro record of 19-16 ... He is approaching being a .500 Fighter and coming off 3 losses in a row. I hope he wins this weekend against Clay Guida but I think it's little too late for him to have one more run. None the less still rooting for him.

Who else would you guys say has a similar story?

Clicked this thread to post Michael Johnson how funny.

Todd Duffee has to be one or Joe Duffy actually.

Todd trained with all time greats and divisional greats and is an outstanding athlete who fought like a complete moron for whatever reason.

Duffy couldn't put it together but had glimpses of a top fighter show through only to be smothered by being to reactive.

Back