Name the Food and I'll supply the Recipe

I was looking more for a leftovers type recipe. I'd like to keep it as healthy as possible.

well, to be honest the healthies way to cook a breast of poultry is to take the skin off of it and cook the donkey dick out of it until it dries out lol...other then that, make sure you read my previous posts in this thread. I have described the proper way to cook meats using carry-over cooking...just remember to season it properly...hold your hand about 2 feet above and Generously salt and pepper it, this will season the meat inside too throughout the cooking process....once again, carry-over cooking is when you take chicken out of the oven at around 158 degrees internally, and let it reach 165 by resting. This makes the inside of the chicken juicy. so step by step. Remove skin, Season, Sear if you are using a small piece, if using a whole bird, coverin olive oil and season. If you would like, fill the inner cavity of the bird with onions, carrots, celery and fresh herbs like thyme and bay leaf. Cook it at 350 and remember...CARRY OVER COOKING!....that is the proper way to cook a bird, especially if you want it for leftovers.

With the left over meat you can make turkey soups, turkey salads, tomato sauces with turkey meat, turkey broths, etc.

i just typed a huge recipe for you and lost it...so im gonna do it short..follow step by step

Buy beef from top round of cow

make curing mix containing 1/2 oz salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp worcestershire sauce...masssage it all into your meat and cure overnight in the refrigerator..the longer the better.

Place screaming hot coals in your gril, cover them with hickory chips that have been soaking in water..this will prevent them from catching and will create smoke. this is KEY for good smoky jerky. It also begins dehydrating it. Smoke for 2 hours and keep checking your coals and wood chips..you will need to refuel them.

Finish drying in your dehydrator or a 100 degree oven.

I'm salivating. Thank you.

i just typed a huge recipe for you and lost it...so im gonna do it short..follow step by step

Buy beef from top round of cow

make curing mix containing 1/2 oz salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp worcestershire sauce...masssage it all into your meat and cure overnight in the refrigerator..the longer the better.

Place screaming hot coals in your gril, cover them with hickory chips that have been soaking in water..this will prevent them from catching and will create smoke. this is KEY for good smoky jerky. It also begins dehydrating it. Smoke for 2 hours and keep checking your coals and wood chips..you will need to refuel them.

Finish drying in your dehydrator or a 100 degree oven.

It smells heavenly. How much meat was supposed to be used for this?

use as much as you want, just make sure it is submerged in the marinade

I am trying to make some good dorito dip since I ran out....can you help me out.

yea, this thread is awesome

any salad dressing recipes? im sick of using store bought dressing :(

props ciafighter, great thread. hope I'm not stepping on your toes...!!

but phenomfighter, a lovely salad dressing is:
get a jar (tall skinny one is better, like an empty olive jar bought at the store)
dice 5-6 cloves of garlic
pour 1cm olive oil into the jar, then 1cm balsamic vinegar. However much oil you pour in, use the same amount of vinegar.
Throw in the raw garlic
add a pinch of oregano
a pinch of brown sugar
plenty of salt and pepper
and shake realllly well

again, thanks alot cia fighter. you mentioned you eat shepards pie...how do you do yours??

Alright guys I am going to throw down a boca burger recipe...this should be fun..lol

Back