Media Nate Diaz Bashes UFC "Want You To Die Before Freeing You From Contract, Free Conor" - Update: Mcgregor Responds

2 fights left theyl only give him unwinnable matches or stall him until he's about 40

this is very possible... there's also a chance that Conor is making all kinds of irrational demands and dana is reminding him that he's the boss... it also could be possible that when dana said Conor has a lot of money and isn't training etc, he was being truthful. meaning maybe dana isn't going to allow a coked out over the hill Conor get destroyed... who knows

It has been awhile since I read up on these contracts, and they have changed (which was how Francis was able to escape), but they used to have a clause in their that time allowed and number of offers were contingent on being able to fight. So if someone was out for 6-9 months with a leg injury, the UFC doesn't need to offer them fights when they are injured.

Of course, all these contracts are bs. If they sign someone for 6 fights and then release you from the contract after 3-4, then what does it really mean.
If there are anyone that knows exactly what the stipulations in Conor's contract are it's Dana and Hunter Campbell. I don't think Conor has the luxury of the sunset clause, and believe me, Conor could snort all the cocaine in Columbia and get thrown in a Thai prison and the UFC will still make sure Conor's contract gets extended... there is absolutely no way they would drop the ball and let their literal biggest draw to go fight elsewhere.

I think the UFC has bent over backwards to get Conor back in the octagon. As a means to the end, I am pretty much convinced that the UFC turfed USADA and signed on with another organization to give the UFC the flexibility to have Conor appear on UFC 300 without worrying about Conor pissing hot and before USADA's replacement can take root and begin.

I mean, of course, maybe I am wrong and Dana decides to do the gentlemanly thing and release Conor, because surely Dana has never been petty or acted like a child to get his own way.

"UFC is icing Conor"​

This is the theory this guy has. Conor simply wants to finish his contract (which has 2 fights left) and get some boxing fight with the oil money in Saudi Arabia but the UFC wants to screw him up. Makes sense, thoughts?

1710728202228.jpeg

Yes they did try to ram it up his ass on his way out but everything since then even with Nate doing boxing with Dana's arch nemesis number one Jake Paul the talk has been very positive and open about having Nate back, so amicable in that way (which usually never happens if someone leaves the UFC running out the contract and goes box with the guy Dana hates)

Dana literally promotes guys standing still and slapping each other unconscious.

If he could legally make a nickel with orphaned kids fighting, he would.

The only reason Dana ever has any public facing nice thing to say about Nate is relative to his ability to get money from it. Conor openly and repeatedly states he wants a third fight with Nate, and the UFC would get tens of millions from it. Outside of that Dana is Dana.

What happens if Conor goes and boxs or fightes outside of the UFC? They gonna go in there and arrest him in the ring since it ain't UFC? If those guys got all that money why can't they pay conor in some off shore secret bank account and tell the ufc to fuck off?

It'll obviously sell to casuals, but I can't be the only one who doesn't even wanna see Conor vs Nate 3..
The number of MMA fans that pay for the occasional PPV is far far lesser than the non-MMA fans who will pay for this.

They know Conor is done as a competitor. The faster he comes back and loses his fights and finishes his contract the faster the UFC can't market him and milk what is left.

Sooner the better because of primes and lack there of for both of them.

UFC is 100% the hold up because they want Conor to sign a new 6-fight extension. Look at what's going on in the UFC landscape: Poirer, Pereira, Jones and other big names have all signed 6 fight extensions which for them at this stage in their career is basically a signal of retiring a UFC fighter. Dana held up the Ngannou/Jones fight because Francis was too much of a flight risk. If you fail to sign these multi fight extensions then the UFC do everything possible to ice you and plan to devalue you on the way out (Diaz). UFC, primarily Hunter Campbell, have kept the machine going without McGregor thanks to their lucrative ESPN deal which guarantees UFC profit. If McGregor fought out his contract before a new deal is signed then UFC would be lacking a big attraction for their next TV deal.

Conor is a snake but the man loves to fight. He wants another go at boxing and he doesn't want the UFC to get a taste of it. You will never hear any of the bought out media bring this up and point out the contradiction. It's a shame but the UFC is in the position to ice McGregor short term paydays to ensure that their future bottomline and status quo are maintained. McGregor on the sidelines tangled up in contract mess under UFC banner > McGregor independently promoting his own fights creating massive competition for the UFC.

If there are anyone that knows exactly what the stipulations in Conor's contract are it's Dana and Hunter Campbell. I don't think Conor has the luxury of the sunset clause, and believe me, Conor could snort all the cocaine in Columbia and get thrown in a Thai prison and the UFC will still make sure Conor's contract gets extended... there is absolutely no way they would drop the ball and let their literal biggest draw to go fight elsewhere.

I think the UFC has bent over backwards to get Conor back in the octagon. As a means to the end, I am pretty much convinced that the UFC turfed USADA and signed on with another organization to give the UFC the flexibility to have Conor appear on UFC 300 without worrying about Conor pissing hot and before USADA's replacement can take root and begin.

I mean, of course, maybe I am wrong and Dana decides to do the gentlemanly thing and release Conor, because surely Dana has never been petty or acted like a child to get his own way.
I agree. The USADA thing seems rather explicit in allowing Conor to fight quicker (and with an advantage). The funny thing is, Conor is starting to lose his luster among the casuals (it has been that way for awhile with more dedicated MMA fans). If he doesn't get some decisive win, a las Poirier I and Aldo, he probably will only have 3 big ppv fights left. Not saying he won't draw, but not at the same rate as Aldo and Khabib. He definitely won't be able to carry a card like Cerrone.

Conor so badly wanting to fight Nate again just shows that he's at the same level as Nate now

what happened to he does what he wants????????????????????????????????????LMAO!!! dude is coked out half the time he doesnt want to fight

He's a coke-addict.

UFC is not gonna risk investing so much money in a potential Conor-headlined event only for him to be a no-show.

He needs to check himself into rehab.

Cokeheads can't be trusted.

Daniel Larusso agrees with you about the trust issue.

He probably could get $50+ mil to box Khabib in Saudi Arabia

or Canelo lol

I believe I read that the UFC changed the contracts so fighters can't get out like Ngannou did. I believe Ngannou's Sunset Clause only existed because of another fighter's legal action and the UFC has decided it's better to get taken to court again than to lose control of more fighters who simply want to be paid more of the money they earn for the UFC.
Its the opposite, before no one could leave, see GSP, Ngannou's contract was after the lawsuit, so to protect themselves contracts have expiration dates, but there are probably a ton of rules about it, with champs is harder, but still doable.

It has been awhile since I read up on these contracts, and they have changed (which was how Francis was able to escape), but they used to have a clause in their that time allowed and number of offers were contingent on being able to fight. So if someone was out for 6-9 months with a leg injury, the UFC doesn't need to offer them fights when they are injured.

Of course, all these contracts are bs. If they sign someone for 6 fights and then release you from the contract after 3-4, then what does it really mean.
It goes both ways i guess, but i see your point, the promotion can cut you at any point but you cant leave, im guessing fighters cut get some money for pending fights, not the case with stars of course.

Back