Nate Diaz, Deontay Wilder Express Interest in MMA Fight

Winner?

• Total voters
weight classes how do they work?

These guys are just cloutin off each others names its fucking pathetic.

Anyone that sanctions that should be send to jail.

Only way I can see Nate surviving is if Wilder is too timid, lets Nate grab a leg, panics and gets leg locked instead of just raining hammerfists. Otherwise he should be way too strong to let Nate do anything.

Nate couldn’t even hurt Jake Paul how’s he gonna beat Wilder

Nate can't take anybody down so I dont see how he wins. He couldnt even beat Jake Paul in a standup fight. I used to like the Diaz brothers but holy hell, Nate talks like he was a champion for 10yrs or something and he's never been close to winning a title.

209 weight limit. I'm sure Wilder can hit 209 and Nate is probably near 209.

People forget Wilder barely makes heavyweight... Nate just needs to go to Cabo and have the munchies

<seedat>

Nate is stupid enough to try to stand up with Wilder and not immediately shoot for takedowns. Wilder by decapitation

Lmfao Diaz would get decapitated, and his delusional fans would say he still won

Nate obviously has more ways to win, and a gigantic experience edge, but he definitely doesn't want to be doing his usual hands-trading contest in this one.
Exactly. I voted Nate but it's ON THE CONDITION that he goes for straight TDs and grappling. He cannot exchange with Deontay for more than seconds at a time. It would be criminal.

Stupid fight, it's basically a Gracie challenge fight, he takes him down or gets ktfo, no real intrigue

Boxing, wrestling and MMA have weight classes for a reason. Nate was a talented gatekeeper at 155 and pretty much irrelevant at 170 in the UFC. Wilder is 6-7 and weighs 215. Let's assume Diaz comes in at 185 and he stands 6 feet even. That is a 30 pound weight differential and a huge height / reach differential. Plus Nate has probably never been hit as hard as Deontay hits. I hope Wilder does an MMA crossover bout, but Nate should find a better opponent and let the HWs fight other HWs.

View attachment 1010835

While mixed martial artists switching to boxing has become commonplace in recent times, Deontay Wilder might soon become the first high-level pugilist to compete in MMA in over a decade.

Crossover fights are a hot topic of discussion right now with Francis Ngannou putting on a stunning performance in a near upset of World Boxing Council champ Tyson Fury in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia last month. Considering the lack of MMA opponents for Ngannou in Professional Fighters League, Wilder’s name immediately popped up as a potential boxing opponent for the former Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champ.

Ngannou and Wilder’s camps have stated that talks of a potential clash have already begun. Furthermore, PFL co-owner Donn Davis has proposed a mixed-rules fight between the Cameroonian and “The Bronze Bomber.” However, it seems like Wilder is open to competing in MMA, whether it be against Ngannou or someone else, and another name has already come up.

Asked if he would get inside an MMA cage with longtime lightweight and welterweight contender Nate Diaz, the 38-year-old told InsideFighting, “I’ll be down to get in there with Nate for sure... we going to see there’s only one way to find out.”

Diaz responded to Wilder’s comments, lauding the former WBC heavyweight champ for agreeing to fight in MMA. The Stockton, California native wrote, “Let’s get these contract written up asap.. Real fight s--t respect to a real fighter down to fight for real. All love to boxing But this is different REAL s--t LFG 1993 ”

Diaz hung up his UFC gloves after a submission win over fellow veteran Tony Ferguson in September 2022. Diaz then made a foray into boxing, dropping a unanimous decision against Jake Paul in August. Meanwhile, Wilder hasn’t competed since a first-round knockout win over Finland’s Robert Helenius that saw him bounce back from consecutive stoppage losses against Fury.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Nate-Diaz-Deontay-Wilder-Express-Interest-in-MMA-Fight-191661

Oof imagine those matchstick chicken legs of Wilder getting mangled by a guy like Tuivasa’s leg kicks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back