Nate Diaz is underrated

No he isn't. He's great against guys that stand in front of him and don't try to wrestle him. He got dominated by RDA, Benson, Rory and DHK. He's a solved problem.

Ya. A paid sparring partner gives you praise. Def means a lot.

I actually watch fights. You keep pretending you trained n making trash posts. I mean, your track record speaks for itself

And Nate is still a gatekeeper, at BEST.
That's exactly it's, you watch fights

Back up what you're saying.

My threads are hit and miss bro because they're for fun mostly but when it comes to analysis I don't mess around

Bro I've seen how biased your posts are against nate. thats al this comes down to. You're an angry man child, thinking you know more than people with far greater knowledge of the game than you.

Back up some of the arrogant nonsense you spew otherwise sit your ass down and shut your mouth. As of now you have nothing to say

No he isn't. He's great against guys that stand in front of him and don't try to wrestle him. He got dominated by RDA, Benson, Rory and DHK. He's a solved problem.
How long ago did those fights happen ago

Do people ever think that maybe a recent version of a fighter might paint a more accurate picture than fights from 6-8 years ago in the case of Bendo, Rory and dhk?

if we did that to any other fighter it would be absurd, Nate's really the only fighter I've seen who is acceptable to judge on fights from that long ago.

Nate can definitely be beaten but he has evolved all around and I don't think he's an easy fight for anyone at this point. Particularly in this post usada era/ while he's far more filled out

Nate Diaz is an inconsistent mid-tier fighter who can put together a good fight. He's 20-11. Not great. Its not like he has put together some impressive win streak of late showing a career turnaround . Dude doesn't fight. Underrated? Based on what? Sporadic wins and prima Donna behavior are the norm for this guy. He's REALLY F'n lucky he got paid as much as he did so far.

Edit: 19-11

Last edited:
Beat Cerrone, MJ, and Conor, his chin, pressure, and hands are elite, and only the absolute best boxer in the UFC, like Conor can beat him hand to hand.

When he pressures Pettis and makes him break, while boxing him up and eating his shots, remember to put respect on his name.
GettyImages-592621088.jpg
Josh Thomson murdered him standing while making lady noises.

Do people ever think that maybe a recent version of a fighter might paint a more accurate picture than fights from 6-8 years ago in the case of Bendo, Rory and dhk?

if we did that to any other fighter it would be absurd, Nate's really the only fighter I've seen who is acceptable to judge on fights from that long ago.

Nate can definitely be beaten but he has evolved all around and I don't think he's an easy fight for anyone at this point. Particularly in this post usada era/ while he's far more filled out
"This time you have to hit the legs on him so we practiced leg kicks and I'll tell you what, he's got pretty good at checking them. He's able to handle the leg kicks now. He's a lot more seasoned with them. But I just kept kicking." - conor mcgregor
Guess fighters do improve lol

TS: it pains me to agree with your drunk ass. Nate is underrated... but it’s mostly due to his training/prep inconsistencies: you never know which Nate shows up, the world-killer or the slug.

Ron De Rowsy was getting high praise too

Nate seems like a terrible boxer other than some fundamentals and that he enjoys it so he’s versed in it by mma standards

He has no power, no speed, slow footwork, it’s hard to imagine he’s some great boxer other than boxers praising him for his dedication to its cross-training

He’s a very good LW but very overrated and very beatable and has been inactive which doesn’t help build his case as a top tier LW and now he’s going to dabble at WW again where he’s 2-3 record and two were versus undersized Conor McGregor not true WWs
Where both the Diaz bros both shine is at close quarters. On the inside, at close range, up against the cage which is where their volume, pressure and combinations are quite formidable. To beat them on the feet you need to keep distance and continually move as they aren't nearly as good at range, against fighters with diversity of movement. Which is what you seen from Conor against Nate and Condit against Nick.

Thing is, they have iron chins and can walk through literally anything you throw at them. They have high level cardio and can set a pace few can keep up with and eventually that pressure allows them to catch up to you.

When they sense you slowing down, they smell blood in the water and turn up the pace, swarming you like sharks.

You definitely don't want to go to war against a Diaz bro. They thrive in that chaos. But, if you play a calculated chess match type of fight, constantly moving, make them chase you.. Some of the holes particularly at range like you mentioned are far more glaring. Definitely some seriously slow prodding footwork on both of them, but if they're allowed to get off on you, they can throw some serious volume and fairly technically impressive combinations as well.

But technique isn't everything. Certainly isn't the thing which allows them to be formidable in a boxing realm. It's more so all the other attributes which the Diaz bros are famous for. Iron chin, warrior spirit, don't give a fuck, insane cardio, volume, pressure, combinations.

There's a lot of guys more technically impressive than the Diaz bros in a traditional sense, but those certain attributes are what push them over the edge and make them as formidable as they can be.

Just my thoughts. I could see why the Diaz bros would be more formidable in a ring as opposed to a cage though, not being forced to chase their opponents around nearly as much would make that style far more effective.

Ronda didn't get praise from anyone other than Edmond as far as I know lol

Ariel just needed 40mins of his time (he prob never gonna do another one again), yet u get fidgety nate and cba to answer questions. Fuck sakes

Oohe does actually theyve trained together for years

According to Amir khan Nate was getting the better of a 175 lb world champion in sparring as well

Without question Nate is one of the better boxers in mma
Yeah, and according to Edmund, Rhonda was knocking out world champions with ease.
<LikeReally5><{hughesimpress}>

put some respekt on his name

More recent version? Dude hasn't fought in 3 years and hasn't had more than two wins in a row since 2010. I get he's an exciting fighter, but he is not this killer people are making him out to be.

Beating Conor at 155 or above isn’t that special.

Solid fighter. Durable, great cardio and dangerous standing or on the ground.

He has a crazy BJJ game too. 11 sub wins. We don't see it that often but if it goes to the ground Diaz is a wizard.

Respectable opinion

Nate's skill set paints a very different picture than his record would indicate which so probably a big reason why so many people underrate him.

A lot of people judge him on losses that happened far removed from his prime as well which only muddies the waters. At some point Nate hit his peak and became just as good as his brother I feel. I don't think many people gave him credit for taking his game to the next level though

i suppose admitting Nate is better than they give him credit for would undermine one of the biggest jabs they have against Mcgregor. Which is sort of unfortunate for Nate

I would agree with that... While I believe he has squandered the twilight of his prime bickering with the ufc and not taking certain fights...

I think he still has some high level fights to offer... And to your point.... Going from losing to fighters like Guida and Stevenson, while very good, experienced fighters, high level top shelf fighters should beat them.... To bringing his game to a level that allowed him to beat Cerrone, Jim Miller, Conor, MJ, Maynard (the beginning of the end for Grey)... Is in my eyes signs of improvement...

I think his style and frame can lead to some style clash matchups... He is still an extremely talented and dangerous fighter...

Back