Media Nate Diaz left Jorge speechless in press conference

Never understood how that guy could have fan. He's such a caricature.

Plus I'm sure that if he was black, everyone would call him an uneducated and mindless thug.

Jorge was in disbelief that he did all the leg work to promote this, put the fight together, show up, spend his time and money only for Diaz to just dip out. I can't say I blame him.

No, this is a multi city tour and they've already done two legs that were long Q&A and face offs.

This is marketing. Nate is good at marketing.

Nate literally made Masvidal a multimillionaire, that is why Jorge has so much respect for him personally.

94b5b4500fa473d03ad55eb456f0737c94d84076037f4a0ed289561c8305a042_1.jpg

8e23160279fda2870fc696649b2fd2f8.jpg

Never understood how that guy could have fan. He's such a caricature.

Plus I'm sure that if he was black, everyone would call him an uneducated and mindless thug.
I think you are projecting some of you own internalizations there, bucko.
People have liked the Diaz brothers because they didn't care for the promotion shit. You knew they were two kids from a shithole block that had good cardio, good boxing, good jitz, and liked to scrap, simple as.
Diaz vs Daley is still one of the more exciting single rounds in the sports history. Nate put the brakes on the McGregor train. These two moments are enough for me to be a fan, and there were many more in between (Nate vs Cowboy, Nick vs Gomi, etc)

You realize this clip is going to do more to promote this fight than anything Jorge will say?
You're right for views, yes. I personally don't think it will translate to ppv buys and such.

I might just be jumping the gun. Either way I will buy a ticket to see if it's priced right.

He and his brother have been public about social anxiety, and frankly weed doesn't always fix that. In fact, some weed can exacerbate social and general anxiety. Either he got the wrong batch, or didn't smoke at all and had a panic attack on stage.

You realize this clip is going to do more to promote this fight than anything Jorge will say?
lol.. How?

Nate showing in the most public of ways he gives zero fucks about the fight, or the people that might buy the card. He wants your money but won’t do a damn thing to actually sell the fight.

You believe that will actually sell a ppv about 6 weeks away?

Are you serious?

lol.. How?

Nate showing in the most public of ways he gives zero fucks about the fight, or the people that might buy the card. He wants your money but won’t do a damn thing to actually sell the fight.

You believe that will actually sell a ppv about 6 weeks away?

Are you serious?
His fans love him for doing that kinda stuff.

Nate is a unique case. He knows how to lose better than anyone in the business.

So him doin stuff like this, his fans love this kind of shit. If your a Mas fan, you probably want Mas to make him pay for that. Alot more interesting than them being friendly and real recognizing real and all that.

He and his brother have been public about social anxiety, and frankly weed doesn't always fix that. In fact, some weed can exacerbate social and general anxiety. Either he got the wrong batch, or didn't smoke at all and had a panic attack on stage.
Nate doesnt really seem to feel it that much. He just isnt a talker, he gets bored, and just books. He doesnt like talking where he cant just fight the guy right there. Thats not his thing.

Nate was rightfully annoyed this time. I sat through this press tour on my lunch break. It was a mess. Especially this last one. Jorge trash talked drunk spectators nonstop instead of actually talking to his opponent. Dude totally sidetracked the entire presser.

Dude, this all day.

A joke / I wouldn't sit around for that circus either.

its hilarious to see a bunch of panzies getting their pannies in the bunch over the N word.
Izzy called DDP this word, and he is white. White boys call white boys the N word, and its ok. Latinos call latinos the N word and its ok. I don't care.

But if someone calls a black person that word, they'll kill ya!

I've always wondered the same thing. He always seemed like a discount Nick with his mannerisms (copied and forced, not genuine).

It makes more sense when you look at what happened to the stardom of all 3 people to beat Conor in the UFC. Poirier has probably the most boring personality of all time and he was never a fan favourite despite his fighting ability/style until beating Conor. Khabib also blew up afterward.

nick boxing was really nice, nate not so much.

I'm worried bout his health. He lost his explosive spring and gets paid a lot. A recipe for staying active too long and getting cte.

Back