Media Nate Diaz sued for 2023 New Orleans brawl

Imagine having to go through shit like that. People looking to start shit with you in the hope they can drag you through the courts for months.

"According to initial reports, Petersen stated he suffered physical and emotional damage from the fracas. Of note, Petersen seeks compensation for damages and trauma, including a loss of income and his medical expenses. His wife, Bobbi Petersen, is also on the suit, where she seeks damages for loss of consortium—or the lack of love and support her husband was able to offer while recovering—as well as the care involved nursing him back to health."

Imagine being a guy trying to be known as" Not Logan Paul"..And his wife, who wants damage for "the lack of love and support her husband was able to offer".
He fucked around and found out. I hate assault of innocents and thst kind of violence, but he clearly approached Nate in a hostile manner.
Social media is a mental ilness plague in many ways, where I guess this guy platform is. Same with this suing thing, people who sues for anything. I would not be suprised if the guy saw Nate and thought, "yes, touch me and I'll sue".

Nate is so lucky he aint get in no beef with no real Steppas from new orleans.
Cause trust me Nate would have got smoked,
theres a reason michael bisping didnt fight back when he got sucker punched .
Nate better grow up

Nate is so lucky he aint get in no beef with no real Steppas from new orleans.
Cause trust me Nate would have got smoked,
theres a reason michael bisping didnt fight back when he got sucker punched .
Nate better grow up
Only a pussy uses a gun instead of fighting lol. I’m 100% positive Nate’s crew carries too

shootout in NOLA
espn+ and PPV

Did he start shit? Don't get me wrong, if I'm in a fight, I'm always pissed at the interveners because they do more harm than good, but I get what they're trying to do, and from what I remember (could be wrong) that's pretty clearly what this guy was doing? Nate pulls the guy down into the guillotine, knees him in the ribs, and drops him on the back of his head.

Nate wasn't IN a fight, the guy was just between Nate and the fight he  wanted to be in

Haha, almost every bit of this is wrong

Old matey runs towards Nate during a brawl as he is walking away from it and moving to the side. He beelines from the fight straight at Diaz, you can see him run through in this video. He runs at him and only stops because Diaz catches him coming towards him. Youtuber thought he could get some clout by fighting a Diaz bro and got choked out instead.

It was dropped for a reason.

Probably true, but this dude is the one that put himself in danger tbf sir.
i agree Stone play stupid games win stupid prizes i doubt Nate just grab the guy first.. where that video starts is deceiving either way you walk up on a fighter.. any pro fighter yet alone one known for well being a Diaz.. you knew what you sign up..for. suing? haha

Can't imagine the 209 Termi-Nate-Er having to pay a dime to either one.

i agree Stone play stupid games win stupid prizes i doubt Nate just grab the guy first.. where that video starts is deceiving either way you walk up on a fighter.. any pro fighter yet alone one known for well being a Diaz.. you knew what you sign up..for. suing? haha

I just don't see someone not knowing what was gonna happen getting all up in his face lol

Suing is weak sauce tbh sir.

Old matey runs towards Nate during a brawl as he is walking away from it and moving to the side. He beelines from the fight straight at Diaz, you can see him run through in this video. He runs at him and only stops because Diaz catches him coming towards him. Youtuber thought he could get some clout by fighting a Diaz bro and got choked out instead.

It was dropped for a reason.
Wow, in the two frames he's visible, he really looks like he's booking it.

That's called a quick walking speed, my guy. And he didn't run to catch up to him or anything to cut him off, Nate is already heading in the direction of the fight, which is the direction this guy comes from.

I got no problems with dealing with a guy who runs up on you cuz you don't know the intentions, but he had already come up to him and was standing in front of him in a clear de-escalation stance. If people are acting like that's Nate defending himself cuz the guy "ran up" on him, I'd also point out other things the guy did, like put a shirt on that morning, or fly to Louisiana that week. Ya know, other shit that's past tense

That's called a quick walking speed, my guy. And he didn't run to catch up to him or anything to cut him off, Nate is already heading in the direction of the fight, which is the direction this guy comes from.

I got no problems with dealing with a guy who runs up on you cuz you don't know the intentions, but he had already come up to him and was standing in front of him in a clear de-escalation stance. If people are acting like that's Nate defending himself cuz the guy "ran up" on him, I'd also point out other things the guy did, like put a shirt on that morning, or fly to Louisiana that week. Ya know, other shit that's past tense
Huh? Nate walks around behind a guy after walking away from the fight? Old matey runs from fight location and stops when he sees Nate looking at him. What story are you making up?
Nate is as far from the fight as he can be, old matey makes a beeline for him and then raises his hands in front of him. Why does he run over and ignore multiple other guys in the same video who are still throwing if he wants to deescalate anything? He targets the big name UFC fighter only who has stepped out of the fight area. There is a reason this got dropped in court.

If you are a sane individual, you are going to feel very embarrassed when you realize there was a second video posted by Jake Shields, and also in the post you quoted, that shows the moments before the first video that contradict everything you say. That video clearly shows Nate walking away from the conflict and this guy approaching Nate with arms extended and continues to advance even when Nate is backed up to a wall and puts up a guard. This guy also immediately put up a video challenging Nate to a fight afterwards proving he knew exactly who Nate was and what his intentions were.

Louisiana also has stand your ground laws to protect people like Nate from lowlifes like that guy. Nate had a right to be on that public street, there is video proof that he even did initially retreat, and also clearly showed considerable restraint in the level of force he used to defend himself in the situation.

Nate will slap this guy with a defamation counter suit that will make him pass out again.

Did he start shit? Don't get me wrong, if I'm in a fight, I'm always pissed at the interveners because they do more harm than good, but I get what they're trying to do, and from what I remember (could be wrong) that's pretty clearly what this guy was doing? Nate pulls the guy down into the guillotine, knees him in the ribs, and drops him on the back of his head.

Nate wasn't IN a fight, the guy was just between Nate and the fight he  wanted to be in

Haha, almost every bit of this is wrong

Thing is, Nate was up against a wall. He came at Nate with his hands up, they were jawwing, and nate grabbed his hands and the guy continued to stay within arms reach. He got what he had coming imho. He may have had good intentions, but Nate really had no reason to believe that.

Can't embed but this link shows the video. It doesn't look like this guy was starting shit or even approaching Nate in a hostile manner.

Yeah, that's NOT self defense.

Anyone that has a modicum of respect towards the Paul's let alone making their identity around them is beyond embarrassing.

BUT, his hands were up and away, non threatening pose, literally trying to PREVENT. a fight.

Diaz did Diaz things and attacked the guy who by comparison was defenseless.

Yeah, that's NOT self defense.

Anyone that has a modicum of respect towards the Paul's let alone making their identity around them is beyond embarrassing.

BUT, his hands were up and away, non threatening pose, literally trying to PREVENT. a fight.

Diaz did Diaz things and attacked the guy who by comparison was defenseless.
Yeah I agree with all that. Maybe I'm missing a bit of the video before that but that's what it looks like.

Back