Nate has never been finished in his career what if Chimaev puts him away in the first?

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I am not talking about doctor stoppage or even his corner throwing in the towel these aren't legitimate stops.. What if Khamzat Chimaev stops him in the first and becomes the first man to ever stop Nate Diaz...

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the ref didn't even see the towel in the Thompson fight.
It was thrown by Nate's corner, but it wasn't the reason the ref stopped the fight it was because Nate was pretty much done by that point already.

He's also been subbed like some have said above way back in his WEC days.

He was going to get ko'd by Thompson anyway, and the ref was close to stopping it

If Khamzat's finishes him in the first I mean sure it's impressive, but this is pretty much a gimme for him and stylistically he's a nightmare for Nate.
Just look at what RDA and Rory were able to do against him, Khamzat's gonna be way worse and Nate is out of his prime now.

Most likely he'll take him down and reign down some brutal ground and pound where a stoppage could come early.
The size difference will also be significant since Nate has never really been a true welterweight.

Tbh, there's more pressure on Khamzat since he has to look good here against a guy who on paper is an extremely easy fight for him.
All Nate has to do to keep his stock high is survive and do a bit of damage which is possible since he's a tough mfer.

Last edited:
I won't be that surprised if 37 yo Nate Diaz got brutally KO'd. Is chin has been tested for more than a decades.

Unfortunately, this ^^^^. This fight is a mis-match and a horrible match-up for Diaz. Diaz should be fight anyone else, Zat is to big and to good at grappling. Look what Rory did to Diaz, Zat is better than Rory.

...becomes the first man to ever stop Nate Diaz...

Bzx2JhYCUAEmy31.png

Funny how this narrativer of Nate being unfinishable has come about. Thompson fucking smashed him so bad the corner tried to save him, and he gets dropped all the time. Many more people would have finished him if they werent scared of following him down to the ground. He is hard to finish, but not at all impossible.

Funny how this narrativer of Nate being unfinishable has come about. Thompson fucking smashed him so bad the corner tried to save him, and he gets dropped all the time. Many more people would have finished him if they werent scared of following him down to the ground. He is hard to finish, but not at all impossible.
Don't know why its funny. The Thompson fight was 9 years ago. Since then Nate has fought a who's who of top ranked fighters across 2 divisions and hasn't been finished since. And its a fact that he's never been knocked out cold across 33 professional fights.

...doctor stoppage or even his corner throwing in the towel these aren't legitimate stops..

What if Khamzat Chimaev stops him in the first and becomes the first man to ever stop Nate Diaz...

Except those are totally legitimate stoppages. It says so right in the rules.

If Chimaev stops him in the first he becomes Hermes Franca?

Back