***NBA Thread - All Hail Giannis***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely more optimistic than at the beginning of FA lol. Pretty much will come down to health and whether or not these shooters remember how to shoot (seems like they all forget when they come to the Lakers). Apprehensive about the defense but I'm sure Vogel will figure out something. Never expected a number of these guys to take less money to play for the Lakers.

Yes, health is important (same as any other team).

It's uncanny the dips in shooting guys experience after joining LA. :(

There's definitely more firepower on offense. Agreed that Vogel has earned our faith when it comes to defense. Any predictions on the starting lineup? Guess it depends on how they wanna use AD. Dominos fall after that.

Yes, health is important (same as any other team).

It's uncanny the dips in shooting guys experience after joining LA. :(

There's definitely more firepower on offense. Agreed that Vogel has earned our faith when it comes to defense. Any predictions on the starting lineup? Guess it depends on how they wanna use AD. Dominos fall after that.
Well assuming AD and Bron aren't bullshitting about their willingness to play different positions...

Westbrook
Ellington
Bazemore
LeBron
AD

There'll be a lot of experimentation. Can't really think of consistent lineup at this point lol

what do the two iterations have in common...? One was coming off a 3-peat, the other hasn't won a thing

one loaded up on vets like karl malone and gary payton and failed despite the hype, much like what is happening now. Ohh wait no I get it, your being funny.

Well assuming AD and Bron aren't bullshitting about their willingness to play different positions...

Westbrook
Ellington
Bazemore
LeBron
AD

There'll be a lot of experimentation. Can't really think of consistent lineup at this point lol

Would love to see AD at the 5 and then use Gasol/Howard as matchup dictates, with Howard being the primary backup. Then with LBJ at the 4 you've got the best 4/5 combo in the league.

Obviously Russ is starting at point. Ariza might beat out Bazemore at the 3. Then the 2 is whoever's gonna step up and consistently hit 3's on a volume basis. And that, as you pointed out, is going to depend on who doesn't suddenly lose their stroke. :eek:

If it's LBJ/AD at the 3/4 then I think Gasol starts. SG still a mystery until we see how chemistry develops. Frank's not afraid to tinker so it won't surprise me if the starter at the beginning of the year is coming off the bench come playoffs.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Bulls signings yet, guess have to wait and see

Alex and Lonzo are good defense, but beyond that im a bit of a loss on whose getting stops etc. Lavine and Vuic didnt end up lighting it up too well like they wanted

Miami is going to be tough but unless hero comes back think theyll be taking a lot of mid range/long two pointers

WHAT an off-season for Chicago. Their best off-season since the Rodman acquisition...? WTF. Everyone in their starting 5 is over 6'6 & long as sh*t, and pretty much everyone besides Pat Williams can run the pnr at a high rate/level. They are going to torch teams offensively. Karnisovas & Eversley putting in *work*. Bulls need to be back on top, the NBA is the drizzling shits when they're not.

And me thinks they're not done yet, they'll make moves for some frontcourt beef to round out the defense. Also, lest we forget they have TBJ in the ranks whom they nabbed from DC in the Gafford trade, and he has incredibly high upside as a defender. Would like to see them nab a Whiteside or another big body

In any case, that starting 5 of Ball-ZLV-DDR-The Paw-Vooch is extremely intriguing & insanely skilled. All 5 guys potentially compliment each other very well, and with CarusBro-Coby White-TBJ-Ayo coming off the bench, they'll have unreal backcourt depth.

Would love to see AD at the 5 and then use Gasol/Howard as matchup dictates, with Howard being the primary backup. Then with LBJ at the 4 you've got the best 4/5 combo in the league.

Obviously Russ is starting at point. Ariza might beat out Bazemore at the 3. Then the 2 is whoever's gonna step up and consistently hit 3's on a volume basis. And that, as you pointed out, is going to depend on who doesn't suddenly lose their stroke. :eek:

If it's LBJ/AD at the 3/4 then I think Gasol starts. SG still a mystery until we see how chemistry develops. Frank's not afraid to tinker so it won't surprise me if the starter at the beginning of the year is coming off the bench come playoffs.

gAyD will miss half the season if he’s playing center. He’d rather shoot 3s now then get in the paint despite being the biggest mother fucker on the court.

Nice to see the Bulls bid against themselves, giving Derozan about $30 million more than they should have.

I really like the Bulls moves. Lonzo, Caruso, Rozen, I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a run to the finals if they got the right matchups. Bulls weren’t signing anyone better than Demar anyways so might as well throw him money, plus he’s only 32 and still a consistent 20+ ppg scorer.

Add me to the people excited about the Bulls' moves. Our front office had absolutely zero balls when it was Gar/Pax. This new front office identifies what they need and actually makes moves.

This won't win a ring, but it would be nice if the Bulls can be semi competitive at least ffs hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back