***NBA Thread v5.0: Down 3-0, Ain't Nothing for Toron-TO***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player and leader but what an idiotic tweet. Uhhhh, fans are NOT allowed to put their hands on players’ family members, hence the reason the fan was kicked out.

Grizzlies coach lobbying for Jordan Poole to be suspended is the ultimate "I don't have faith in my team moment". And it's a bitch move.

Steve Kerr had more cause to call for Marcus Smart to be suspended after he injured Curry.

Brooks is a dirty player though and I believe the Grizzlies are better when hes not on the floor. He hijacks the offense way too much for someone who is essentially an inefficient chucker. I think his play on GP2 was absolutely dirty and I think Draymonds play was dirty as well just not as dirty as Brooks.

I think Ja's knee is injured because he's a 6'3 guard that lands recklessly every single time. Zion, Embiid, Ja, and Wiseman all have not learned how to fucking land yet. And it's to no one's surprise that they get hurt a lot.
Yeah but Brooks isn't a dirty player. I'm pretty positive this was the first time he was ever ejected from a game. He made a boneheaded reckless play. It happens all the time, just people don't usually get hurt and everyone moves on. Him being shitty offensively, while true, doesn't have anything to do with that lol

Probably cuz JaZion didn’t pass up a wide open playoff dunk over known elite rim defender Ghey young, text during practice, demand a trade to a city of his choice and dress like he’s going to a gay pride parade on the bench while watching his team get swept. People just accept JaZion as an injury prone fatass.

I mean, that's definitely fair lol Outside of the dunk though, I mean...isn't it kind of believed throughout the NBA that Zion wants out of NO. And saying "I could've played, but was going to wait until game 7 and surprise everyone and be the hero" pretty close to watching your team get swept. I mean, they didn't get swept...but it I mean...he said he could've played lol

I mean, that's definitely fair lol Outside of the dunk though, I mean...isn't it kind of believed throughout the NBA that Zion wants out of NO. And saying "I could've played, but was going to wait until game 7 and surprise everyone and be the hero" pretty close to watching your team get swept. I mean, they didn't get swept...but it I mean...he said he could've played lol

I think it’s probably the pelicans that kept him from playing rather than himself. That said he should shut the hell up and let the coach do the talking.

Great player and leader but what an idiotic tweet. Uhhhh, fans are NOT allowed to put their hands on players’ family members, hence the reason the fan was kicked out.

The entire thing has been blown out of proportion. Obviously people who start shit in the stands get kicked out. Have you seen the guy in question? Dude looks about 17 years old. It wasn't some street thug trying to fuck up CP3's mom. It was a stupid, young, fan who did some stupid shit and was kicked out.

Tobi has been a pleasant surprise. He looked cooked for most of the regular season but he's been phenomenal on both ends of the court this Yoffs
yeah if harris keeps it up, if harden actually keeps up a high level of passing, limits turnovers and knocks down the open 3s

then you're in decent position

Yeah but Brooks isn't a dirty player. I'm pretty positive this was the first time he was ever ejected from a game. He made a boneheaded reckless play. It happens all the time, just people don't usually get hurt and everyone moves on. Him being shitty offensively, while true, doesn't have anything to do with that lol
Dude he's just as bad as Beverly. Constantly diving at legs, sliding his foot in players landing spots, and shoving/pushing non stop off ball.

I don't think they expected Brunson to basically carry the Mavericks against the Jazz with Luka out and win 2 out of the 3 games with a 30+ and a 40+ point game. Now he's averaging 18 points and 7 assists per game against the Suns and 40% from 3. They could have signed him for about the same as Finney-Smith, 50 million, but now its going to take in the 80-100 million range and if Cuban's cheap ass doesn't do it someone else will, guaranteed.
But that's a poor excuse that they didn't know he was this talented. They've had four years to evaluate him plus the practices and scrimmages. For them to not know what they had until every other team and fan in the league knew is absolutely pathetic. If I'm Mark Cuban I'm firing everyone involved in talent evaluation for not notifying me early that he was starting to put it all together. Warriors are one of the worst scouting/development teams in the league and even they saw Poole's ascension before he played a single game this season..

This may have been discussed already in here, and I missed it...but

Why aren't more people talking about Zion the way they talk about Simmons. I was absolutely floored by Zion's comments on the playoffs.
What comments? About him wanting to play? Supposedly he's been lobbying the front office to play for months now and they just refused.

Grizzlies coach lobbying for Jordan Poole to be suspended is the ultimate "I don't have faith in my team moment". And it's a bitch move.

Steve Kerr had more cause to call for Marcus Smart to be suspended after he injured Curry.
I actually think what Jenkins has been doing is pretty smart. If you watched game 3 it looked like the grizzlies quit and there was no way they were gonna recover from that. He reframed the convos to make it seem like the league and offcials are against them, that Poole hurt their best player, and that they are now playing with house money. If Morant plays tonight it will be a jolt to their confidence as well. I think the grizzlies come out on fire tonight and it will be up to the warriors to weather the early storm. I think this game decides the series.

But that's a poor excuse that they didn't know he was this talented. They've had four years to evaluate him plus the practices and scrimmages. For them to not know what they had until every other team and fan in the league knew is absolutely pathetic. If I'm Mark Cuban I'm firing everyone involved in talent evaluation for not notifying me early that he was starting to put it all together. Warriors are one of the worst scouting/development teams in the league and even they saw Poole's ascension before he played a single game this season..

Breh, Brunson has never in his life, not even in High School, scored 40 points in a game. He's a career 12/3/4 guy in the NBA. Everyone in Dallas knew that he was a solid ball handler, and that he was exceptionally good at mid-range shots in the paint, especially considering his size, but nobody saw him breaking out this year and taking down the Jazz with a 30+ and a 40+ point scoring explosion. He's never been like that at any level, High School, College, or Pro's. This year he's made strides averaging 16/4/5 but even those numbers are just average sort of numbers for a PG in the NBA.

I do agree with you that the Mavs should have tried to sign him earlier in the season just like they did Finney-Smith. In hindsight, they fucked up.

Breh, Brunson has never in his life, not even in High School, scored 40 points in a game. He's a career 12/3/4 guy in the NBA. Everyone in Dallas knew that he was a solid ball handler, and that he was exceptionally good at mid-range shots in the paint, especially considering his size, but nobody saw him breaking out this year and taking down the Jazz with a 30+ and a 40+ point scoring explosion. He's never been like that at any level, High School, College, or Pro's. This year he's made strides averaging 16/4/5 but even those numbers are just average sort of numbers for a PG in the NBA.

I do agree with you that the Mavs should have tried to sign him earlier in the season just like they did Finney-Smith. In hindsight, they fucked up.
I think you are missing my point. Coaches and players are privy to more details than your average fan. Brunson has improved every season he's played, which means he works hard. The organization can't just judge a young player based on what he did in college and high school or even what he's doing during real games. They judge him based on improvements he's making behind the seasons and during scrimmages when players usually have more freedom to try different things.

I think you are missing my point. Coaches and players are privy to more details than your average fan. Brunson has improved every season he's played, which means he works hard. The organization can't just judge a young player based on what he did in college and high school or even what he's doing during real games. They judge him based on improvements he's making behind the seasons and during scrimmages when players usually have more freedom to try different things.

I agree man, they should have signed him half way through the season for $50-60 million. Now its going to cost them. Another thing is, that's about the time the Mavs traded and got Dinwiddie and I just wonder if they waited to see if Dinwiddie was going to be better, in which case they would trade Brunson, but it backfired.

Morant reportedly out. Can’t wait to see how the warriors turn this into a nail-biter.

I know this is probably not popular, but the more I think of a Suns/Bucks rematch the more I think it could be batshit crazy. Last year the Suns went up 2-0 and then through pure will power Giannis brought the Bucks back by dropping 40 and 50 point games, eventually averaging 35/13/5 in the Finals. I hate the Suns, but this rematch could become an instant classic.

I know this is probably not popular, but the more I think of a Suns/Bucks rematch the more I think it could be batshit crazy. Last year the Suns went up 2-0 and then through pure will power Giannis brought the Bucks back by dropping 40 and 50 point games, eventually averaging 35/13/5 in the Finals. I hate the Suns, but this rematch could become an instant classic.
A rematch of last year would be a fun series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back