NCAA Wrestling

Type of shit gets programs cut

It's the Big 10 so I think the program is untouchable but Eggum and his entire staff could be out the door. They'd probably pick somebody with no ties to Minn at all to take over.

It's the Big 10 so I think the program is untouchable but Eggum and his entire staff could be out the door. They'd probably pick somebody with no ties to Minn at all to take over.
Big ten doesn’t require wrestling. It’s a myth that it does

A. Burroughs has lost another step
B. IMar has jumped levels
C. IMar is stylistically a problem for JB
D. Burroughs just had a bad cut
E. All of the above

I'm leaning E.

A. Burroughs has lost another step
B. IMar has jumped levels
C. IMar is stylistically a problem for JB
D. Burroughs just had a bad cut
E. All of the above

I'm leaning E.

Agreed. I thought Imart handled Nolf rather easily (except that one toss that forced a 3rd match) and it looks like he is getting better.

Even in his prime JB lost to Marable so he can be scouted and held to close matches

JB is on the wrong side of 30 so he's gradually going to lose his step but at the same time I just don't think he uses his athleticism as much as he used to. He seems to chambers it for when he needs it.

Might we see a triumphant return of J Robinson???

Zaurbek Sidakov (2018 world champion, and soon to be 2019, too ;) ) pinned 3-time European champion and world & olympic Bronze medalist, Soner Demirtas:

So they are doing Euro Championships AND Euro Games this year?

So they are doing Euro Championships AND Euro Games this year?

Continental & World Championships are run by UWW (i.e., the wrestling fed) and take place every year (except no Worlds in Olympic year obv), Euro games are run by the Olympic Committees (which is why I couldn't find any way to tune in and watch and why the matches don't get freely uploaded, way to go Olympics :p).

It's similar to the longer running Asian Games - there's always an Asian Championships, even in a year where there is also an Asian Games (every 4 years, same with Euros).

I'm not sure why they started doing a European Games (1st was in 2015), it seems like an Eastern Euro thing mainly thus far since all 3 planned so far are in the Commie bloc and there was basically no coverage or fanfare for any of them where I'm at in the UK.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they started doing a European Games (1st was in 2015), it seems like an Eastern Euro thing mainly thus far since all 3 planned so far are in the Commie bloc and there was basically no coverage or fanfare for any of them where I'm at in the UK.
Yeah it seems like these newer implementations of tournaments and such are usually the brain-child of a particular country. Case in point, the non-Olympic weight world championships was actually a product of the Hungarian Wrestling Federation and not UWW. Though, the UWW sanctioned/sponsored/backed it so it can be viewed as a legit world championships.

Hypocrite Dake

So let's see if I have this right, Dake got a doctor's note saying he could not compete in July. Once he got the date he wanted in August he got another doctor's note saying he could compete in July?

Something seems really wrong here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back