NCAA Wrestling

@Te Huna Matata people on the PSU board are saying they might pull Kerk's redshirt

Don't see it happening. In reality, they will need to significantly overperform while Iowa significantly underperforms to win another title. Verk is looking like a bloodround/fringe AA guy at the moment and Brooks got a bump with Zahid popping but they will still score no points at 125 and 157 and will only get a few points at 197 and HWT. While I think several guys on Iowa aren't as good as their ranks indicate (Murin at 3??? Fuck off. Lugo isn't #2 and Young just lost to a top 20 guy), they have too many point scorers for Penn State to really compete. One guy who will go from R16 to top 3 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Don't see it happening. In reality, they will need to significantly overperform while Iowa significantly underperforms to win another title. Verk is looking like a bloodround/fringe AA guy at the moment and Brooks got a bump with Zahid popping but they will still score no points at 125 and 157 and will only get a few points at 197 and HWT. While I think several guys on Iowa aren't as good as their ranks indicate (Murin at 3??? Fuck off. Lugo isn't #2 and Young just lost to a top 20 guy), they have too many point scorers for Penn State to really compete. One guy who will go from R16 to top 3 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

From what I've gathered over there it would be happening regardless of the team title.

He wants to be done college in 4 years so he can concentrate on 2024

Ryan would have to grant him a full release in order for him to do so. No idea if that happens.

From what I've gathered over there it would be happening regardless of the team title.

He wants to be done college in 4 years so he can concentrate on 2024
Im starting to wonder if maybe a Division I season/career is the best kinda prep we can offer our Olympic hopefuls. Provided they are with the right team. Though I can think of several points in favor of and opposed to.

I missed the armed forces champ. but I got a text that one of the first kids I ever coached qualified for the OTT's by running up in Greco. Lt. Colton Rasche (USMC). Its been so awesome watching his journey to now.

Anyone actually order the event? I’m reading Gordon submitted Downey. Nothing on the wrestling results yet...

Izzy Martinez is on leave pending investigation into some such thing or another. The Illinois boards are going crazy and no one knows what’s going on.

Izzy Martinez is on leave pending investigation into some such thing or another. The Illinois boards are going crazy and no one knows what’s going on.

Read about this a week or so ago. From what I saw, I think he assaulted a kid.

Lol at this being a slam

Changed the whole dual, total BS call. The kid looked fine until the coach came out

Now I'm reading he can't wrestle at individuals this weekend now cuz hes in concussion protocol. He had a legit shot to win it too

Facundo is a beast, can't wait to see him at Penn State

Last edited:
Read about this a week or so ago. From what I saw, I think he assaulted a kid.
I don’t know him.. but literally everyone I know who knows about him.. has either been a) bummer, not shocked in the slightest. Or b) This is the thing they got him on?? Not that other thing??

Semis about to start at B1G's now. I want to DeSanto to pull this one out but RBY is a freak

RBY putting his hand behind his back while wrestling Desanto is so weird lol

That double was quick as fuck

Back