NCAA Wrestling

Kemerer’s done, unfortunately. I’d be surprised to see him going deep in the NCAA if he’s able to compete. Ayala is still injured, too. Their best chance is Eierman (who looks injured) and Marinelli, who is a wild card given the depth at 165.

This is a stunner.

The score being lopsided is surprising. But Vito gave Gilman a hard time and Gilman won world championship and got bronze in tokyo.

Losing the 2020 tourney to Covid stings for Iowa knowing they wont win this year.
I wonder I'd Eirman will MFF to Lee today. I was really Looking forward to Seb Rivera vs JE but Seb forfeited. Marinelli can win it all but history says he just wont. Kemerer wont either.

Should be plenty of good matches to watch left today and in Detroit.

This side announcer at big tens, ray flores, sucks. So cliche.

Austin Gomez vs Sammy Stallo and Marinelli vs Cam amine are two matches I look forward to.

And well see if Desanto can finish any tds on RBY. Prbly not

The score being lopsided is surprising. But Vito gave Gilman a hard time and Gilman won world championship and got bronze in tokyo.

Losing the 2020 tourney to Covid stings for Iowa knowing they wont win this year.
I wonder I'd Eirman will MFF to Lee today. I was really Looking forward to Seb Rivera vs JE but Seb forfeited. Marinelli can win it all but history says he just wont. Kemerer wont either.

Should be plenty of good matches to watch left today and in Detroit.
That was my take. 19 points on Glory was unexpected, though to be fair it was a pretty high scoring affair when Glory edged him earlier in the season.

Yeah, I was bummed for Seb v Eierman, too. A healthy Kemerer can beat Starocci, but it’s pretty clear he’s banged up good and won’t be healthy in Detroit.

Iowa is doing well in the consolations, so winning the tournament isn’t out of reach with the right results today. NCAA is going to be a long shot as it is, though.

Disappointment of the season for me has been Braxton Amos. He’s coming off a gold in freestyle and a bronze in Greco at the junior worlds, and the guy barely qualifies for the NCAAs. Pre-season, he was talked about as a challenger to Ferrari. He’s flopped sensationally.

Called it.
And he had a great chance to finish the TD in the 2nd period. But whatever
Same thing happened in Iowa City this year. It looked like he was going to get it done.

I think Hamiti will turn some heads in Detroit. I think he’ll go deep at 165.

Another Iowa default. Bummer.

Do we all agree Mekhi Lewis will win 174? He avenged his loss to Hidlay today.

Bold prediction:

Yianni Diakomihalis will lose to T. Wilson or J. Milner.

Some good matches at Big 10s, a few atleast. Gomez and Myles Amine. But this tournament sucked. I'm gonna have to look up the completed brackets, but I bet there was over 20 medical forfeits.

Also of course there was matches were nothing happens until a little flurry to steal it at the end.

Usually someone here runs a little bracket pool for fun? We doing it again this year?

165 is nuts. Keegan O’Toole’s path to the finals likely goes through Anthony Valencia, Kharchla/Wentzel, and Marinelli. That’s a murderer’s row for a 2 seed.

Of last year's Champions which three are the least likely to win it again this year?

1. O'Connor (UNC) is the easiest choice. He looked injured in the ACC finals losing to Ed Scott.

2. Starocci will have his hands full with either Lewis or Hidlay.

3. Brooks just lost to Amine in the Big 10 finals and Hidlay is a beast.

Do you agree with these 3 as well?

RBY 133
Nick Lee 141
David Carr 157
Austin O'Connor 157
Shane Griffith 165
Starocci 174
Brooks 184
Gable 285

Did I miss anyone who won last year?

Last edited:
Of last year's Champions which three are the least likely to win it again this year?

1. O'Connor (UNC) is the easiest choice. He looked injured in the ACC finals losing to Ed Scott.

2. Starocci will have his hands full with either Lewis or Hidlay.

3. Brooks just lost to Amine in the Big 10 finals and Hidlay is a beast.

Do you agree with these 3 as well?

RBY 133
Nick Lee 141
David Carr 157
Austin O'Connor 157
Starocci 174
Brooks 184
Gable 285

Did I miss anyone who won last year?
Shane Griffith at 165 would be my #2 on the list. He’s lost to Wick 3 times this season and will have to go through Hamiti in the quarters just to get to him in the semis.

Shane Griffith at 165 would be my #2 on the list. He’s lost to Wick 3 times this season and will have to go through Hamiti in the quarters just to get to him in the semis.

1. Oconner
2. Griffith
3. Starocci
4. Brooks?

Back