Need a new axe

I love smoking a little weed and chopping wood when I'm camping. It's just the best thing ever. I've always had issues with wooden axes falling apart but Estwings are build from solid fucking steel. Would recommend.

E45A_1024x1024.jpg
Used mine the other day, they last a lifetime.

Bro, don't you guys have all kinds of old school cool as hell axes available? One of the brands I've seen is Gransfors Bruk which is expensive as shit hipster stuff in the U.S. but looks like super quality. Anything Estwing looks like it would be slumming it compared to that.
Certainly looks cool and possibly the best but very expensive.

Used mine the other day, they last a lifetime.
If i am not mistaken, the newer ones are not as good, like they moved production to some outsourced company or something like that. I read some reviews of the axe bending. Maybe it was bullshit or maybe your model is of a sturdier vintage generation. We see this all the time nowadays.

I haven't used an Estwing axe but there's no other hammer I'd buy. Crecent is putting out some good shit too now.

If i am not mistaken, the newer ones are not as good, like they moved production to some outsourced company or something like that. I read some reviews of the axe bending. Maybe it was bullshit or maybe your model is of a sturdier vintage generation. We see this all the time nowadays.
Could be, mine is the shorter hatchet version I keep in my truck tool box. If I’m going full size forestry axe, I’ll opt for a hickory handle model. I have a couple older estwing hammers too, they’ve stood the test of time so far. Now I need to go check if they’re stamped from a foreign country.

Back