Television Netflix - 3 Body Problem

Loved the series and really looking forward to the show. My only concern is the show doesn't pick up a following and gets cancelled after the first season.

The first book wraps things up enough that if it ends with season 1 you get a level of closure, but there is so much more story to tell.

The Dark Forest was my favorite of the trilogy and will be crushed of we do t get a season 2.

I’m hoping to see how underground tree cities are imagined onscreen. I can picture them in my mind and want to see if they’re portrayed like how I imagine them.

Finished the first book.

Not sure how I feel about the series now. Lots of difficulty in how they will portray things.

I also looked at the casting list and there is a lot of characters that they looked to have just made up themselves. Where is my boy, Wong? Will they retcon him into an American?

It looks like GOT castoffs and a lot of typecasting.

Idk.

liked the book though! Will keep going in the series.

Finished the first book.

Not sure how I feel about the series now. Lots of difficulty in how they will portray things.

I also looked at the casting list and there is a lot of characters that they looked to have just made up themselves. Where is my boy, Wong? Will they retcon him into an American?

Idk.

I have no idea how you portray a Sophon. Seems damn near impossible, and that's sorta the point.

Finished the first book.

Idk.

Yeah, I am really curious on how this story will play out. There is so much going on, but in books 2 and 3, it focuses more in just a few characters.

Never read the book but looking forward to the series, I'm a sucker for this kinda genre. Hopefully this does well and someone picks up the rights to Hyperion series.(which I have read). Which I think is on par with Dune if not better. Plus the story & character would fit perfectly for a series instead of a movie.

Good trailer. Loved the book. Idk if they can pull it off but looks like they sure as hell are going to try.

I’d don’t mind they changed the lead character to a female. Doesn’t really make a difference but I do think she needs to have a family.

This looks like I'm gonna wanna binge watch. Any idea if they'll drop the whole thing at once ala Narcos?

Here is the official trailer for Three Body Problem on Netflix. I'm in because I read the novels, but moreso Eiza Gonzalez ❤️

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It's interesting they are playing up the mass suicide in a horror angle. That was creepy when I read it. I also wonder how true they'll stay to the book, as I've seen some scenes in there that were not in the first book. I hope they don't steer away from the cultural Revolution backstory as that's critical to the motives.

I recently read the whole trilogy so it's still fresh in my mind. I feel the first one is the weakest and the most boring entry. I hope this show is a success and the second and third book get made. I can't wait to see the water droplet in action with a big Hollywood production budget

Here's a fan made video of the battle

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It's interesting they are playing up the mass suicide in a horror angle. That was creepy when I read it. I also wonder how true they'll stay to the book, as I've seen some scenes in there that were not in the first book. I hope they don't steer away from the cultural Revolution backstory as that's critical to the motives.

I recently read the whole trilogy so it's still fresh in my mind. I feel the first one is the weakest and the most boring entry. I hope this show is a success and the second and third book get made. I can't wait to see the water droplet in action with a big Hollywood production budget

Here's a fan made video of the battle

Yeah it should be interesting and a bit different with a western view/angle on the story. The trailer looks really good though, so my expectations are already a bit high. lol!

That fan made scene was awesome. Played out exactly as I pictured when reading!

I've read the first 2 books.
Great sci-fi literature.
But I don't read much sci-fi, to be honest.

Not sure what to say about the trailer, I was hoping to see only Chinese people and a white blonde American named Evans... or what his name was.

EDIT: China already has some TV series

But Mike Evans isn't blonde.
Those bastards!
At least the others are Chinese.

Last edited:
First book was cool, hope the show turns out OK.

Looks cool, I have no idea what the show is about from that trailer. It looks like the matrix with aliens maybe? Sounds cool but netflix has a terrible track record right now.

Back