News NEW RANKINGS -- Paul Felder retired but he's still in the rankings; now #11 ranked Lightweight

Islam is getting closer and closer

tenor.gif

Last edited:
let's not act like Felder is some legend now
Yeah he had some fun fights but overall he's not really going to be remembered as anything prestigious in the cage. Even paul himself noted he peaked at number 6 in the world so wasn't even able to crack the top 5. That being said enjoyed his time. Guy was tough.

Yeah he had some fun fights but overall he's not really going to be remembered as anything prestigious in the cage. Even paul himself noted he peaked at number 6 in the world so wasn't even able to crack the top 5. That being said enjoyed his time. Guy was tough.

Everyone eventually loses. Everyone eventually sucks.

I like his own reasoning of holding up the div, and now they put Islam and Gregor over him, that he doesn't hold them up.

I like the 12-month without a scheduled fight "rule" for activity to stay or be removed from rankings. Also with retirements, as those often don't hold in combat sports. 12 months is enough for div movement to cover retirement or other inactivity.

UFC's rankings don't do that, they're more marketing. Like say Kevin Lee signs a LW bout agreement, he'd be bumped over Felder just because he'd be on a upcoming card. Or fighters moving up without doing anything just because the guy above them lost.

I didn't even realize Moises was ranked lmaooo

Ismagulov has to replace Felder in the next rankings but there's a bunch of other Laws that deserve a ranking too

Lee is going back to WW so that's another spot that another LW will have to take. My guess is Damir and Fiziev maybe Arman. Riddell if he beats Dober will be

Well Dan Hooker has officially run out of excuses for ducking Makhachev. They are now right next to each other in the rankings.

I predict he will still duck and fight RDA who isn't getting the Gaethje fight.

Also, Kevin Lee hasn't fought in over a year now and he's moved to WW. Should be removed from the rankings.

Updated rankings aren’t released until Tuesday. There, mystery solved

Man they have stitched up Hooker in the rankings so bad... Below is his last 10 at LW. 7-3 with his last two losses to Poirer and Chandler who have just fought for the belt.
Beat Al and Burns who have fought for titles and a win over a top ranked guy in Felder , but somehow he is number 8... He should be at 5 with Conor, RDA and Tony all below him.
Loss 20–10 Michael Chandler TKO (punches) UFC 257 24 January 2021 1 2:30 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Loss 20–9 Dustin Poirier Decision (unanimous) UFC on ESPN: Poirier vs. Hooker 27 June 2020 5 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Fight of the Night.
Win 20–8 Paul Felder Decision (split) UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker 23 February 2020 5 5:00 Auckland, New Zealand Fight of the Night.
Win 19–8 Al Iaquinta Decision (unanimous) UFC 243 6 October 2019 3 5:00 Melbourne, Australia
Win 18–8 James Vick KO (punch) UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards 20 July 2019 1 2:33 San Antonio, Texas, United States Performance of the Night.
Loss 17–8 Edson Barboza KO (punch to the body) UFC on Fox: Lee vs. Iaquinta 2 15 December 2018 3 2:19 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Win 17–7 Gilbert Burns KO (punches) UFC 226 7 July 2018 1 2:28 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 16–7 Jim Miller KO (knee) UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Lee 21 April 2018 1 3:00 Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
Win 15–7 Marc Diakiese Submission (guillotine choke) UFC 219 30 December 2017 3 0:42 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 14–7 Ross Pearson

Rankings don't matter

Don’t worry, felder being in the rankings a few days after retirement is nothing. Khabib was in the rankings for months after retiring.

let's not act like Felder is some legend now
I wouldn't be surprised if he's put into the HOF. I'm thinking them making a media division maybe??? Didn't really make big accomplishments in MMA. Best win is probably Oliveira but that was back in 2017 before he was in his final form. Beat Barboza but most people had him losing.
upload_2021-5-25_5-38-15.png
Can't go into pioneer division considering the UFC was very established when he made his debut but the UFC seems to love him so he'll probably get in there somehow.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's put into the HOF. I'm thinking them making a media division maybe??? Didn't really make big accomplishments in MMA. Best win is probably Oliveira but that was back in 2017 before he was in his final form. Beat Barboza but most people had him losing.
View attachment 857051
Can't go into pioneer division considering the UFC was very established when he made his debut but the UFC seems to love him so he'll probably get in there somehow.

Tbf although I did think Edson beat him I also think he beat Hooker, so this things have a way of evening themselves out.

Felder dropped 2 spots in the rankings so calm down guys. He'll eventually drop out of the rankings. But if you dropped fighters every time they "retired" you would have very empty rankings. Eventually their will be enough fighters bumping him out of the rankings or inactivity will have officially dropped him out.

Back