New SSF Rashguard REVIEW

scorcho

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A little while back, Ron sent me one of the samples of his new short sleave rashguard. This rashie is very similar to the old one, which I reviewed a while back.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=307857

This rashie has the same high quality as the first. The collar strikes me as a bit lower than the first, but it is still high enough to protect your neck from gi burn. The designs are also ratooed into the fabric, so they will never peal or anything like that. The material is soft but sturdy.

I will just highlight some of the differences between this one and the new one. First off, the design has been completely redone. The rashie is totally black, with white sleaves. There are SSF logos on the sleave, but otherwize, it is blank. I really like this low key look, escpecially since the logos are not visible when this rashie is worn under a gi - it just kind of looks more respectable, and makes me feel less like a billboard when I have it on under my gi jacket (not that I am shy about advertizing for Ron, it just strikes me as nicer to have the solid black showing. Here is a pic of the whole thing:

And close ups of both sleaves:

( I love that fist logo)

Both these logos look great when you are wearing the rashguard, especially if you have big arms :D

Overall, this is a great rashguard. It is the same great quality as the old one (which still looks great after 6 months of constant use and washing), with a better look, IMO. I wore it to my first tourny, the NAGA New England on June 24th, and I a few guys there even asked me about it. It is now my lucky rashguard, as I took 3rd out of 17 guys in the Light Heavy novice division. I really have nothing to complain about on this rashie.

Overall score: 10/10

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Good review.

Have you measured the collar to see if SSF did shorten it? Or does it just fit lower around the neck?

Is it still a 7 panel design, with just a new look? Or is it structurally different in any significant way? (Ron might need to answer that question)

The collar is a little lower then the old ones but taller then most others.

We did chance the cut a little to make the white inserts for the sleeve logos.

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you like the new RG.

www.SSFgear.com

Hmm.. those pics ar ethe size of avatars. Can you increase them a bit? Great review too.

dang!.. i wasn't feelin the original RG design but this new design is looking really sharp!.. i like it a lot.. :icon_chee

Yea, the new design is much nicer, IMO. I cant wait to see the long sleave design.

i like the logo placement nice and Low key

i refuse to like these till ron makes them for fat people :)

Nice review scorcho. GalltiK you're not fat I've seen your pics.

Hey ron would an assumption that a 5'7" 175-180lb guy should get a medium be correct?

How long is the rashie so it can be tucked into shorts?I hate mat burn on my ass or lower back when my shirt rides up.

Back