New Year's Resolution: 72 Hour Fast

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I just started a 72 hour fast. I have a small window to do this, and since I do daily intermittent fasting, I thought why not?

I had my last meal, which was oats, honey, peanut butter, banana, (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg powder), multivitamins and fish oils. I have also made a big pot of soup which I am about to freeze for the re-feed process.

Anyways, I thought I would post this, just in case I needed some words of encouragement or advice to get me through the tough parts. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Are you still alive?

Yup, day 2. Still wrestling with the hunger cravings and it was hard to sleep last night, but nonetheless, it feels pretty good and not too uncomfortable.

I have been drinking plenty of water and stretching to combat some slight muscle cramping.

i've done a 3 day fast aswell to make weight for a comp. man i was eyeing people down weirdly when having a simple conversation. good luck

Hey man! how are you?? are you alive? are you good? really hope you doing well

Hey man! how are you?? are you alive? are you good? really hope you doing well

I am on day 3. Last night was pretty rough. I couldn't go to sleep because of acid reflux, and I had a faint spell when I went to use the bathroom. I ended up chipping my toilet when I fell down. Pretty scary.

Instead of breaking the fast I figured that it was probably my body doing some janitorial cleansing, adjusting to low glucose levels, ketosis hadn't started yet, and that I got up too quickly. Lesson learned.

Since I wasn't in any real pain or didn't feel dehydrated, I figured that I would feel better in the morning after some water and sleep.

I woke up this morning, and I felt pretty awesome. I did some light yoga and meditated, and I was able to go deeper into stretch and get into the zone almost immediately, which normally occurs at the end of the routine.

No more headaches and muscle aches, I feel pretty energized and have been crossing house chores and administrative tasks off my to do list; although I am not pushing it. I have been quite economical with my movement.

I had some free time to myself, and I have heard a lot of great health benefits from fasting (losing weight, increase brain functions, more energy, gain some extra time).

Also, I like to test my limits and fasting is a process of self-mastery. The challenge makes me feel more acquainted with myself and hopefully somebody will benefit from reading my experiences.

I had some free time to myself, and I have heard a lot of great health benefits from fasting (losing weight, increase brain functions, more energy, gain some extra time).

Also, I like to test my limits and fasting is a process of self-mastery. The challenge makes me feel more acquainted with myself and hopefully somebody will benefit from reading my experiences.

Fair enough. I can respect that.

<mma4>

Hey dude, how are you doing now? When you say fast, you mean you drink water only?

i did a 7 day water fast , ended it just last week.
not that much of a big deal tbh, i was expecting it to be harder.
you're not really hungry, it's only your mind that wants you to eat.

i did a 7 day water fast , ended it just last week.
not that much of a big deal tbh, i was expecting it to be harder.
you're not really hungry, it's only your mind that wants you to eat.

Yeah, I am on day 4. I have decided to extend it to a 5 day fast since it seems like the worst is over.

The first few days were rough, but the hunger cravings are quite minimal now. I have had to learn to sip warm water so as to not induce acid indigestion.

What caused you to break the fast? Can you share a bit of your experiences? Any tips?

Also, I wish I had started the fast sooner during this period so that had more time to fast.

Yeah, I am on day 4. I have decided to extend it to a 5 day fast since it seems like the worst is over.

The first few days were rough, but the hunger cravings are quite minimal.

What caused you to break the fast? Can you share a bit of your experiences?
well i didn't break it, i just got to the end of what i wanted to do.
you know what made it easy? fucking pink salt. i did only water fasts before and i was miserable. since i introduced the pink salt, like, different deal. the weakness is still there but it's not that bad and it takes longer until it sets. day 4 or more. this time, by day six i thought to myself, hell, i could do this one more week. you just crush some pin salt and put in your glass of water, twice a day, and that's it. other than that, it's pretty much only mental. yes, you would eat a ton at the drop of a dime but don't.
at the end, the day after i ate but not that much, so the system restarts easier.

i want to do a 10 day next, then 14 and then 21. it's doable.

well i didn't break it, i just got to the end of what i wanted to do.
you know what made it easy? fucking pink salt. i did only water fasts before and i was miserable. since i introduced the pink salt, like, different deal. the weakness is still there but it's not that bad and it takes longer until it sets. day 4 or more. this time, by day six i thought to myself, hell, i could do this one more week. you just crush some pin salt and put in your glass of water, twice a day, and that's it. other than that, it's pretty much only mental. yes, you would eat a ton at the drop of a dime but don't.
at the end, the day after i ate but not that much, so the system restarts easier.

i want to do a 10 day next, then 14 and then 21. it's doable.

Thanks for the pink salt tip! There are a lot of nuances to this that I am learning as I am going along.

What's your re-feed process? Also, how many times do you fast a year?

Thanks for the pink salt tip! There are a lot of nuances to this that I am learning as I am going along.

What's your re-feed process?
oh i just had some greek yoghurt, some lemon juice that i made myself, not the type you buy which has a ton of sugar in it
afterwards some lean meat and a salad
the next day tho, i had a pizza :)

edit - the pink salt is for recharging the minerals, which get washed away from all the water drinking and the absence of which tend to make you miserable. pink salt naturally has some potassium in it also, which is also needed.

Just to keep you guys updated. I broke my 5 day fast today.

I had some freshly squeezed lime juice in water with agave, grapes, mixed salted nuts, a few bowls of soup, and some fish oil stretched over the day. Damn, that first bowl was the most enjoyable soup I have ever had. lol

I won't be eating a full meal for a few more days, which isn't a problem, because I still don't feel all that hungry.

I feel pretty lean and clean. Lost around 10lbs of fat, but still have my strength. It's like @Fox by the Sea said, once I got to the end, I felt like I could go another week.

Anyways, thanks for the tips and support.

Back