Next fight for Izzy at 185: Till or Weidman

Till has been extremely low volume for going on 4 years now.

His last 5 fights:

1. A unanimous decision loss where he landed only 41 strikes in 25 minutes.

2. A split decision victory where he landed only 36 strikes in 15 minutes and was outlanded in 2 of the 3 rounds.

3. A brutal KO loss.

4. A submission loss in which he landed 1 strike over the entire 9+ minutes that the fight lasted.

5. A controversial home-cooked decision victory where he landed only 38 strikes in 25 minutes.

And I'd still rather watch this guy, than Weidman challenging for the title. That's just how it is, at least if you let me choose out of these two options, which are probably not the best two options, nor the most deserving.

Weidman should be giving everyone trouble with his wrestling but he doesn't. I don't think he's the answer to Izzy.

Whittaker vs Costa doesn't make a lot of sense. Even though both lost to Izzy lopsidedly, that was Costa's last fight, while Whittaker beat 2 contenders after that. Both are off the table, if Costa wins. Because of that matchmaking it's probably gonna be the winner of Till/Vettori. Hopefully it is Vettori. I give him a better chance. I don't think Till would out-strike Adesanya.

Weidman could be a good match-up. Has the top game. But then again struggled hard taking and keeping down Omari. Weidman probably needs to beat a contender after Hall, if he gets past him, unless they want to give it to him for free.

Till needa shut Vettori up and go get that belt from Izzy #RawDog

Wtf weidman? No fuck that after Whittaker headkicks costa he has earned his rematch.

That’s if Whittaker actually wants the rematch. The UFC tried to set up the Whittaker vs Israel rematch after Whittaker beat Cannonier. But, Whittaker is actually the person that refused the rematch.

Till would be the better challenge no doubt but Chris Weidman would be a good for Izzy to get back on track

If he loses his next fight his legacy is in trouble you would think
Have you been watching MMA for the past 5 years?

Till would be the better challenge no doubt but Chris Weidman would be a good for Izzy to get back on track

If he loses his next fight his legacy is in trouble you would think
If Whittaker wins next month and doesn't get a title fight after three top 5 wins in a row, then I may just quit bothering with this 'sport'.

Weidman will win by Long Island Knee (that is DQ by illegal knee)
they are practicing both the destruction and the DQ as we speak.......

Costa should not be nowhere near a title shot after his pathetic performace.

Whittaker has been doing some heavy lifting since losing the belt.
I agree but what if Costa steam rolls Whittaker. I am rooting for Bobby Knuckles but I am not sure how he is going to deal with the pressure Costa brings. If Costa beats Whittaker in a hard fought fight, he should fight Vettori and if he wins get the shot against Izzy

Khamzat and Soriano beat Adesanya.. but Vettori or Till prob get the next shot with a win next.. Whittaker may get the fight with a win next too.

And I'd still rather watch this guy, than Weidman challenging for the title. That's just how it is, at least if you let me choose out of these two options, which are probably not the best two options, nor the most deserving.
It was just that you said that it could be "an absolutely spectacular technical stand-up battle."

Till has consistently averaged less than 2 strikes landed per minute in his last 5 fights which goes back to the start of 2018. He tries to suck his opponents into that slow pace. In his fight with Wonderboy, neither fighter landed 10+ strikes in any of the 5 rounds. It's difficult to call that style spectacular.

It was just that you said that it could be "an absolutely spectacular technical stand-up battle."

Till has consistently averaged less than 2 strikes landed per minute in his last 5 fights which goes back to the start of 2018. He tries to suck his opponents into that slow pace. In his fight with Wonderboy, neither fighter landed 10+ strikes in any of the 5 rounds. It's difficult to call that style spectacular.
He started his career very strongly, so I'd hope that guy comes back. Let me just cling to that hope
<EdgyBrah>

WTF? Does even watch MMA?

Vettori and Whittaker are at the top of the food chain.

Till and Weidman both likely lose their next fight to Marvin and Hall

Back