Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Im drafting another McCaffery for fantasy

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • The last thread was the worst thread ever

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No one wants to play for the Bungles

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
For you, tons of evaluators see it differently and praise his versatility.
No, they see him converting to safety. That's not versatility. He's played limited press in Iowa's defense. If you think that's a strength you're basically arguing that JJ McCarthy is a gunslinger. He hasn't shown it to be proven. Limited tape means limited capability. One of the biggest issues with corners being drafted is precisely because college systems usually don't run man. Iowa is no different. Few man corners come out, and they're not late firsts. They're early.

One of the primary examples is Josh Norman. All Pro zone, shitter in man.

I wouldn’t mind a moderate trade up for JJM, but his ceiling is so low 3 1sts would feel like mortgaging the future for at best a competent game manager

And if it doesn’t work and Vikings have to rely on Darnold all year or a not get ready rookie, that 25 1st could end up very early and it’s the same mistake Panthers made

I wouldn’t mind a moderate trade up for JJM, but his ceiling is so low 3 1sts would feel like mortgaging the future for at best a competent game manager

And if it doesn’t work and Vikings have to rely on Darnold all year or a not get ready rookie, that 25 1st could end up very early and it’s the same mistake Panthers made
It would be

He's more than a game manager dude. That's what Harbaugh asked of him bc it's what fit their offense.

The Panthers fucked up bc they picked a literal manlet system qb with zero system. JJ has a live arm, great accuracy, great footwork and would be playing under one of the best offense staffs in the league. Really not a big deal. Unless they just blow complete dick this year, they'd have to do it next year anyway, so why not just use two firsts from this year instead of stretching it over 3 years?

No, they see him converting to safety. That's not versatility. He's played limited press in Iowa's defense. If you think that's a strength you're basically arguing that JJ McCarthy is a gunslinger. He hasn't shown it to be proven. Limited tape means limited capability. One of the biggest issues with corners being drafted is precisely because college systems usually don't run man. Iowa is no different. Few man corners come out, and they're not late firsts. They're early.

One of the primary examples is Josh Norman. All Pro zone, shitter in man.
Just because he hasn't played press man a lot doesn't mean that he's not versatile, it's also not like NFL teams play tons of press man. I'm not disagreeing that he's best as a regular Safety, probably even in a different system than the Packers will run with Hafley btw, but do you really, honestly think that DCs won't try to use him all over the formation? Definitely going to be interesting to see where DeJean actually ends up. I don't think it's the Packers to be honest, but we will see.

I generally don't like speaking in absolutes about draft stuff, it's incredibly hard to project development, fits, the situation, personality traits and everything else that influences how prospects work out. Otherwise the teams that pour millions of dollars into this stuff would have an easy time ordering all the prospects, but we all know that's not how it works.

He's more than a game manager dude. That's what Harbaugh asked of him bc it's what fit their offense.

The Panthers fucked up bc they picked a literal manlet system qb with zero system. JJ has a live arm, great accuracy, great footwork and would be playing under one of the best offense staffs in the league. Really not a big deal. Unless they just blow complete dick this year, they'd have to do it next year anyway, so why not just use two firsts from this year instead of stretching it over 3 years?
If JJ could throw, he would have thrown.

Just because he hasn't played press man a lot doesn't mean that he's not versatile, it's also not like NFL teams play tons of press man. I'm not disagreeing that he's best as a regular Safety, probably even in a different system than the Packers will run with Hafley btw, but do you really, honestly think that DCs won't try to use him all over the formation? Definitely going to be interesting to see where DeJean actually ends up. I don't think it's the Packers to be honest, but we will see.

I generally don't like speaking in absolutes about draft stuff, it's incredibly hard to project development, fits, the situation, personality traits and everything else that influences how prospects work out. Otherwise the teams that pour millions of dollars into this stuff would have an easy time ordering all the prospects, but we all know that's not how it works.
If you're drafting someone who hasn't shown they can do a job you're an incompetent HC or GM. If the Packers draft him in their new defense, which is allegedly a ton of man coverage, its malpractice.

Yeah, someone COULD end up being the GOAT at their position. But you're not just drafting elite physical tools. Every mother fucker in the NFL has those.

Last edited:
Lmao averaging under 3k yards for a college career along with multiple games not even attempting a pass in the first quarter. “He did throw”.
So is he good at throwing a football or not?
JaBryce threw for almost 5,000 yards his sophmore year and threw the ball 550 times.

How's that working out?

If you're drafting someone who hasn't shown they can do a job you're an incompetent HC or GM. If the Packers draft him in their new defense, which is allegedly a ton of man coverage, its malpractice.
I honestly don't think it will end up being "a ton of man coverage". Hafley loves press man by his own words, they will very likely play more man and more aggressive than under Barry, but it's still a zone league. As for the first part, like we all know the draft is all projection, I'm sure GMs would love to know how exactly DeJean would do in press man... But at some point you also have to pick someone lol, like you said the blue chip corners go earlier for that reason. You won't get the all around perfect prospect near the end of R1, and even the Top 10-15 guys constantly bust as you know. Personally I'd love Barton at 25 or a trade down if possible. Would hate reaching for an ILB again like Edge Cooper. Would be "Ok" with DeJean or one of the project OTs.

so why not just use two firsts from this year instead of stretching it over 3 years?
I’m fine with picks 11 and 23 to get JJM

I’m concerned if it’s 11, 23, and next years first

Yo...what if the Giants trade up to 3 to get MHJ (John Mara has lost his mind)?

Back