Ngannou’s resume is superior to Stipe’s.

Azyy

!!!
@Orange
Reaction score
They were already comparable before, but this win solidified it for me. How many wins over a prime fighter does Stipe have? Ngannou’s win over Stipe is superior to Stipe’s win over Ngannou.

Stipe (KO)
Gane (UD)
Rozenstruik (KO)
Overeem (KO)
Blaydes x2 (TKO, TKO)
Arlovski (TKO)
JDS (TKO)
Cain (TKO)

The quality of opponents and performance against them is similar, but Cormier is much more of a signature win than anyone else in that list, and 4 total belt defences trumps 1. I can see him overtaking but I don't think so yet

Yep

To say otherwise is pure retardation at this point

Although I think he'd still beat them in their prime, JDS , Cain and Arlovksi were wayyy past it when they fought Francis . Overeem wasn't his best either but he was still pretty damn good so that's a solid win . Blaydes 2x is a great set of wins , Stipe is a great win of course , Gane fight was very close but a great win and Rozenstruik is an okay win .

Stipe had a very nice run for and with the belt though and although JDS was a little past it (after Cain destruction) and so was Arlovksi he still got them at a better time .
Screenshot_20220123-065310~2.png
Then he lost to Cormier of course and went on to beat him twice .
Francis is the better fighter and if he stays in the UFC he'll almost surely eclipse Stipe but as of now Stipe has the better resume . I'd say legacy wise he's still the greatest UFC HW .

A post-prime DC win is more valuable than a peak (to-date) Blaydes win.

Besides Blaydes and Rozenstruik, who has he beaten in their prime?

Gane is almost certainly pre-prime and everyone else on the list is post-prime, and some meaningfully so.

The quality of opponents and performance against them is similar, but Cormier is much more of a signature win than anyone else in that list, and 4 total belt defences trumps 1. I can see him overtaking but I don't think so yet
Cain > Cormier

Cain > Cormier
in their primes yes but when Francis fought Cain he was off a layoff and knee surgery.

Francis may of beaten a prime Cain but he didn’t fight prime Cain.

no, its not even close.... and this thread smells like secretly promoting fighters with less title defenses over fighters with more title defenses, which would totally be something kbobs rabid fanbase woud do just to promote the false narrative that guys with less title defenses are at least equal or even better... crazy mofos...

in their primes yes but when Francis fought Cain he was off a layoff and knee surgery.

Francis may of beaten a prime Cain but he didn’t fight prime Cain.
Still, Cain looked awesome in his previous fight against Travis Browne.

I don't believe Cormier was in his prime either anyway. He also retired soon after.

Cain > Cormier as far as UFC HW goes.

Plus, Stipe lost to Cormier too. Francis didn't lose to Cain.

They were already comparable before, but this win solidified it for me. How many wins over a prime fighter does Stipe have? Ngannou’s win over Stipe is superior to Stipe’s win over Ngannou.

Stipe (KO)
Gane (UD)
Rozenstruik (KO)
Overeem (KO)
Blaydes x2 (TKO, TKO)
Arlovski (TKO)
JDS (TKO)
Cain (TKO)
Lol prime fighters. People were complaining that JDS, Overeem, and AA were past there prime after Stipe beat them, and that was years before Francis did. Plus Stipe was almost pushing 40 as well for their rematch. Cormier and Werdum are still better wins then Cain and Gane at this point as well. But Francis will be right there with another title defense or two, which is the biggest difference between the two right now, and outside of Gane, I don’t see anyone beating him right now.

Stipe beat a prime Ngannou, so ......
Ngannou beat the 230 lbs 39 year old corpse of stipe after Stipe went 2-1 in wars against one of the GOATs of the sport in Cormier.

Ngannou beat the 230 lbs 39 year old corpse of stipe after Stipe went 2-1 in wars against one of the GOATs of the sport in Cormier.

Didn’t Stipe get mercilessly beaten down by Struve while he was in his prime?

Stipe (KO)
Gane (UD)
Rozenstruik (KO)
Overeem (KO)
Blaydes x2 (TKO, TKO)
Arlovski (TKO)
JDS (TKO)
Cain (TKO)
Cormier destroys Francis. Is this for real?

Prime Ngannou is current Ngannou. He was green in 2018.

Half of those ladies are senior citizens. hes got a GOAT resume fer suuuuureeeeeeeeee

Back