Ngannou is a sh**** champ

I mean he must really be acting like a primadona if Dana just moved past his most exciting heavyweight and made an interim title so quickly.

Not that I'm siding with Dana, but this trend of dudes winning a title, then wanting to take the next 12 months off and renegotiate their status while the division waits for them is pretty pathetic and needs to stop.

Great fighter, love the knockouts, but hoping Gane puts him away and he never gets the title again.
Wipe Dana's cum off your lips before you make a shitty thread---- Screenshot_20210824-230625.png

Ngannou didn't take time off. He said he wanted to fight, but stalled the fight 2 times (as per Black Beast, who said the fight was first targeted for July, then for August). If someone stalls a fight 2 times, it's possible they'll stall it 3, 4 or 5 times. It was obviously a negotiation ploy. That's the reason White created the interim belt. Because there wasn't a single time an interim belt was created so fast in the history of the UFC, especially with a healthy champ. You must be extremely naive to believe the interim belt was created, because Dana wanted the fight in August, not September.

By the way there was no contract signed for September either.
The UFC made the belt because they had a deal with the Toyota Center.
-venue expects a hometown fighter headlining (Lewis)
-ESPN requires titles to headline fights and Amanda can't carry a card on her own
-can't have a belt in the comain and then random HW fight headlining
-making the interim is a nice fuck you to both Ngannou and Jones

I got no reason to not believe Ngannou was going to fight in Sept or the fall. Unless you think he swapped a crappy style matchup with Lewis for an even shittier one in Gane.

You also realize Ngannou was unable to reenter the country for most of the summer and thus unable to start camp in time for August right?

I mean he must really be acting like a primadona if Dana just moved past his most exciting heavyweight and made an interim title so quickly.

Not that I'm siding with Dana, but this trend of dudes winning a title, then wanting to take the next 12 months off and renegotiate their status while the division waits for them is pretty pathetic and needs to stop.

Great fighter, love the knockouts, but hoping Gane puts him away and he never gets the title again.
I'm wondering if Frank teamed up with Jon Jones to try and strong arm Dana for big money in their match. That would explain why Dana has thrown him under the bus and called Gane vs Lewis the best HW match.

Ngannou has been exposed as a coward. Cannot wait for Gane, the much more handsome man to embarass him.

200.gif

Y1Ldfw.gif

he didnt thats why they had to bring gane in

he didnt want to fight until september at the earliest. that is 6 months

He was ready to go in September, UFC wanted August to cater for the Houston card and derrick lewis. UFC did francis dirty. Stop shilling for Dana.

We have heard it all before from Dana when a fighter doesn't want to bend to his demands or will.

"He doesn't want to fight"

Dana sucks when it comes to this kind of shit, that's super shady. Remember how quiet he got when he talked shit about GSP, saying he lost to Hendricks?

That is until GSP came out into the presser.

I'm wondering if Frank teamed up with Jon Jones to try and strong arm Dana for big money in their match. That would explain why Dana has thrown him under the bus and called Gane vs Lewis the best HW match.
I don't think it as simple as a paycheck issue.

First there is no reason to doubt that Ngannou wanted to fight Lewis in September and that the UFC did the fight in August instead because of their deal with the Toyota center. The story kinda adds up on both side. Ngannou was apparently fine with the money offered for that fight, he never said otherwise.

Second, there is way more than just straight money in Ngannou's priorities. He wants to go boxing before he is too old, so he doesn't want to sign for a long contract. And the UFC wants to lock him right now in the longest possible contract, because it is much cheaper and more profitable for them. If he becomes a very big star when his contract comes to an end, it will be expensive to re-sign him.

Gane and Ngannou live in fear of Tom Goatspinal anyway.

You bring up some good points, TS, but Dana has a tendency to flex and get tough when these fighters get bigger and try to throw around their clout. Remember how quickly they created an interim when Conor, their biggest draw ever, just beat Aldo? If they do not hold up shop for Conor they will not do it for anyone. Dana is setting the framework and showing Ngannou he needs UFC more than UFC needs Ngannou.

We are also in the ESPN+ era where UFC does not need massive draws like they previously did as they are supplemented cash from ESPN. It's the era of quantity > quality. On top of that, I also do not think Ngannou is going to be the draw many think he will be.

Dana controls who gets a “push” from the UFC. He dictates who gets the bonuses, title shots, and opportunities to fight elsewhere( get out of their contract ). He decides which champs get a shot at another belt in a different weight class. He pays absolute shit to 99.9% of the roster and controls sponsorship pay-outs (garbage).

He’s so powerful now that he can devalue UFC champions, create interim belts, talk shit, and get people to follow a new hype job all on a whim.

Ngannou didn’t realize this. He sits out till he gets the $$$ he asked for, gets released, or stays under contract indefinitely. No CBA’s, Fighters’s Union, etc.

Welcome to Dana’s Fighting Championship.

images

if ufc wanted ngannou to fight, he would fight - trying to build hype for a mega ppv.

And how is 6 months bad? Conor didn't defend his belt for 2 years.

The expectation used to be that champions would fight 3 times per year. I don't know when fighting every 6 months or less became acceptable.

guy just won the belt recently and only wanted an extra month til the fight.

shut the fuck up for once you absolute miserable little shitposting whiner lmao.

A champion fighting twice a year is totally fine even if they fight once in January and once in December. And I don't really see why he should give a shit about what lines up well for the promoters if the promoters aren't trying to pay him more.

Its only the champs who can make a difference. Force these hyper capitalist fuckmeisters to pay you. We know who's the real champ.

Back