Rumored Ngannou to earn $20 million, not including PPV and sponsorships against Anthony Joshua!

I dont think he really cares. If he wanted to really keep Francis, he would have agreed to his terms. Even if someone asked him about it, he would give a response along the lines of, he's glad Francis is making big money and good for him but those promoters are losing money and the UFC isn't that business of losing money. He would be happy for Francis but criticize the promoters. And then he would mention how PFL is getting screwed over here.
He most definitely cares cause they did him want him. They just weren't willing to agree to Francis' terms because they felt he was not worth that. Now that he is worth that Dana knows he fucked up letting him go.

He most definitely cares cause they did him want him. They just weren't willing to agree to Francis' terms because they felt he was not worth that. Now that he is worth that Dana knows he fucked up letting him go.
He's literally breaking his contract with PFL because the Saudis are willing to throw money at him instead.

But yes Dana fucked up by not giving into his demands like PFL did who now don't have Francis either.

It was 8M for the Jones fight, to be renegociated.

If you think UFC was gonna keep paying him 8 millions to fight Almeida, Aspinal and Pavlovich, you're much dumber than I thought

Exactly, UFC pay is based on who the opponent is. Ngannou made the much better decision, that's not debatable. He would be making less and be unable to box had he re-signed with the UFC.

Ngannou to earn $20 million, not including PPV and sponsorships against Anthony Joshua!

AJ sells PPVs very well even without Ngannou

untitled-2-jpg.1023147

Still spewing absolute bullshit I see.
Former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou has joined the Professional Fighters League and is set to make his debut early next year.
PFL CEO Peter Murray has revealed that Ngannou's first scheduled fight will be in early 2024.

Right on track!

I don't get it why people are so hung up on "take that, Dana dickriders!!".

Did it look like Ngannou had failed big time? Yes. Did anyone actually believe that he was gonna fight Fury? Not many. Did ANYONE believe that he was gonna make it a close fight and thereby immediately establish himself as a serious contender in boxing? No.

Most of the "haters" weren't and aren't haters - they were simply being realistic by saying that Ngannou fucked up.

No, it never looked like Francis failed big time.

Worst case scenario in a realistic sense was that even if he doesnt get a big name boxing fight, the worth of his stock as the undisputed UFC hw champ would still land him a good offer from the PFL that potentially equals that of the UFC or at the very least comes fairly close, while still being able to cash in on random celeb boxing/bkfc/whatever type of paydays, while being allowed his own sponsors.
Meaning that he would be getting equal if not better money for fighting easier opponents, while retaining his freedom.

As opposed to signing away the remainder of his fighting years under the UFC for a fairly set amount of money and not being able to capitalize on opportunities that may arise.

Its just that people cant look past the big shiny number the UFC was boasting with, so they assume he fumbled the bag.

Last edited:

Right on track!
He's literally breaking his contract with PFL because the Saudis are willing to throw money at him instead.

But yes Dana fucked up by not giving into his demands like PFL did who now don't have Francis either.

"A company formed by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund has acquired a minority stake in the United States’ Professional Fighters League (PFL) and will create a regional tournament as the kingdom’s sports investment push expands into mixed martial arts (MMA).

The acquisition announced on Wednesday is the first deal sealed by SRJ Sports Investments, a new company unveiled earlier this month by the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF), that aims to draw “major global events” to Saudi Arabia."
https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/20...d-buys-stake-in-pfl-mixed-martial-arts-league

Yeah as you said Ngannou completly messed up his bizness partnership with PFL....

"A company formed by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund has acquired a minority stake in the United States’ Professional Fighters League (PFL) and will create a regional tournament as the kingdom’s sports investment push expands into mixed martial arts (MMA).

The acquisition announced on Wednesday is the first deal sealed by SRJ Sports Investments, a new company unveiled earlier this month by the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF), that aims to draw “major global events” to Saudi Arabia."
https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/20...d-buys-stake-in-pfl-mixed-martial-arts-league

Yeah as you said Ngannou completly messed up his bizness partnership with PFL....
You really got me by suggesting that Francis is instead fighting for the Saudis PFL MMA Regional tournament.

Oh wait he's not doing that either.

Please explain to me how he is now "worth that" ??

I mean the PPV with Fury did very poor. From my understanding, the fight itself wasn't highly profitable.

Furthermore, for you guys that think the UFC made an error in letting Francis go, I don't think you quite understand the complications of keeping Francis signed. He's not the easiest guy to deal with as history has shown. If they did agree to his terms and let him box, it would create a whole different set of possible problems down the road.

I personally think the situation worked out well for both sides.

You really got me by pointing out that Francis is instead fighting for the Saudis PFL MMA Regional tournament.

Oh wait he's not doing that either.

Yes you're right again he's doing extremely well. Too bad it gets you triggered..

White - "there is no money in boxing"

i think he meant to say "there is no money to be made in boxing" as a promoter

the saudi people, they dont give a shit about making money, they just want the big fights over there

If he could also pitch a baseball and hit a few home runs then he could make 100 million a year, but then again that is a completely different sport is it not ?"

Its also hilarious how many brainiacs in here are under the assumption that the Saudis are organizing boxing fights because they want to make a profit on the ppv or gate or something lmao.

They are trying to sportwash their country, same as Qatar and the World Cup. To them these millions are chump change investments meant to positively impact the reputation of their country and its perception as a tourist destination.

White - "there is no money in boxing"

i think he meant to say "there is no money to be made in boxing" as a promoter

the saudi people, they dont give a shit about making money, they just want the big fights over there

The pay structure is very different. The top boxers are making massive amounts of money. The promoters make money too but not nearly as much as the UFC's business model does where only the champions make ppv points and it's a small percentage. Boxing promotions have to pay the headliners 10s of millions of dollars.

Dana was trying to break into boxing using the UFC's business model and the talent was laughing at him.

Its also hilarious how many brainiacs in here are under the assumption that the Saudis are organizing boxing fights because they want to make a profit on the ppv or gate or something lmao.

They are trying to sportwash their country, same as Qatar and the World Cup. To them these millions are chump change investments meant to positively impact the reputation of their country as a tourist destination and improve the general perception of their country.

It's like how the U.S. is throwing billions of dollars into Ukraine and Israel to protect our interests in those regions. There's no financial reason to do that. Saudi's interest is to be seen as the sports capitol of the world.

Back