Media Ngannou vs Fury stats

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Here is the official scorecard:

Judges Alan Krebs (95-94) and Juan Carlos Pelayo (96-93) scored the fight for Fury, while Ed Garner had it 95-94 for Ngannou.

Does anyone have any stats on the strike landed?

Ngannou did more damage, had more ring control, rag dolled Fury, knocked him down, was never threatened, and it looked like he landed more strikes.

I am trying to understand how Fury won outside of the decision being fixed. Seriously.

4eae7c5b75acf459e02bf2851267d8b9.jpg

Here is the official scorecard:

Judges Alan Krebs (95-94) and Juan Carlos Pelayo (96-93) scored the fight for Fury, while Ed Garner had it 95-94 for Ngannou.

Does anyone have any stats on the strike landed?

Ngannou did more damage, had more ring control, rag dolled Fury, knocked him down, was never threatened, and it looked like he landed more strikes.

I am trying to understand how Fury won outside of the decision being fixed. Seriously.

With all due respect I don’t think you’ve ever watched a real boxing match. That was a poor example of one and very low caliber at that.

Ngannou essentially did nothing after the early knockdown but gas and punch air with occasional sloppy combos. Fury didn’t do absolutely anything but show up out shape and shadow box. He won the fight because he was the cleaner one in the slopfest, his jab was far more consistent and he made Ngannou punch a lot of air.

Only one judge gave the 10th to Fury, it was a shit round but Ngannou did slightly more and landed the last punch of the fight.

With all due respect I don’t think you’ve ever watched a real boxing match. That was a poor example of one and very low caliber at that.

Ngannou essentially did nothing after the early knockdown but gas and punch air with occasional sloppy combos. Fury didn’t do absolutely anything but show up out shape and shadow box. He won the fight because he was the cleaner one in the slopfest, his jab was far more consistent and he made Ngannou punch a lot of air.

1576d7105d20c2ca2e4d35f8c458509e

Thought fury won 6 or 7 but Francis was surprisingly prepared and game. Good fight. Hard to believe Tyson trained a full camp for that

Fury won 6 of the rounds minimum and the punch stats have him landing more in 6 of the 10 rounds therefore he wins

I thought the fight became pretty bad and low output pretty early on. Francis did some things that surprised Fury. He got tired but maintained his composure. I think Fury was out of shape (even for him) and seemed to be bewildered that Francis could do anything to him. Fury didnt seem to have anything on his punches,when he did throw them,which was seldom.

So it was like...Francis did way better than expected...but still didnt do all that much to make a boxer of Fury's caliber just stay on the outside and not throw like he was doing all night. Ngannou was sucking wind hard,and....Fury just didnt do much about it. So kudos to Francis...its about time Boxing has to bend over and take it from MMA,but it didnt exactly happen in a way to celebrate about. A bad fight and a dissapointing showing from Fury marred the whole thing for me. Its like a win for Francis,but like a shit win,and a bad fight.

No offense, but you're literally the worst poster on here with the worst takes. It's just a matter of time before you're band, and I'm usually right about that btw.

For anyone who watched the fight this was both the highlight and the most embarrassing part of the fight. It was amazing that Franky got the knockdown....but then him dancing and taunting the downed Fury was embarrassing and shameful.
Not really, Fury told Francis when the fight started that be ready, he was fixing take him to school. I think the dance was validated. That's what Francis said afterwards in a interview with Brett btw.

Last edited:

Go fight them then. Fucking hater

Imagine either of them against this guy

There were a few swing rounds so I’m not surprised at the scoring. Overall, Ngannou looked good in his HW debut and after that knockdown I thought he was going to finish Fury in the next couple rounds. Surprised Fury didn’t pop the jab more and surprised Ngannou didn’t pour it on in R4 and again in R9 & R10.

Lol that’s called a knockdown bud, try and focus here.

Welcome to boxing.

I would like to see Floyd Mayweather's protégé Curmel Moton learn some MMA while he is still young. His fighting spirit is strong.

Yeah besides furay elbow and illegal strikes the point is frank had an easy 10 8 fury never got pointed and frank did more damage and landed the harder significant strikes.. I watched it again thinking francis needed that 10th round but no he def won

Back