NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I love watching McJesus but I hope the Oilers lose. Any team that continues to not address a obviously terrible goalie situation deserves to fucking lose especially when you have the greatest player on the planet on your team,
He committed an absolute retard penalty near the end of the 3rd that could have easily cost his team the game. Fortunate for the penalty kill but ultimately they lost in OT anyway. Even with a mediocre goalie situation the Oilers have consistently lacked the ability to turn it up a notch in the playoffs. We're only 2 games in though and they had a good game 1. We'll see how it goes, but if they caught Vegas instead of L.A. they'd be down 2-0 right now most likely.

He committed an absolute retard penalty near the end of the 3rd that could have easily cost his team the game. Fortunate for the penalty kill but ultimately they lost in OT anyway. Even with a mediocre goalie situation the Oilers have consistently lacked the ability to turn it up a notch in the playoffs. We're only 2 games in though and they had a good game 1. We'll see how it goes, but if they caught Vegas instead of L.A. they'd be down 2-0 right now most likely.

I think the oilers would give their left nut for a mediocre goalie situation. Skinner is beyond terrible.
Look at this list of Oiler goalies. How does a team continue to roll with garbage goalies.

It’s gonna be hilarious when McDavid tells them to get fucked in 3 years when he becomes a free agent

I think the oilers would give their left nut for a mediocre goalie situation. Skinner is beyond terrible.
Look at this list of Oiler goalies. How does a team continue to roll with garbage goalies.

It’s gonna be hilarious when McDavid tells them to get fucked in 3 years when he becomes a free agent

The Avalanche won the Cup in 2024 with a shit goalie situation.

Which franchises would you guys consider to be the blue bloods of the league? Not necessarily the best currently, but just the teams that are the highest profile traditionally. I was thinking

Detroit
Toronto
Boston
Montreal

is Vegas there already?

chicago or pittsburgh perhaps/

I love watching McJesus but I hope the Oilers lose. Any team that continues to not address a obviously terrible goalie situation deserves to fucking lose especially when you have the greatest player on the planet on your team,

There were talks about it over and over for a while. Mostly last year. I'm not sure who was even on the market without having to give up one of their stars.

It seems they maybe did gamble on Skinner since he's young. Not looking great atm, but we'll see.

There were talks about it over and over for a while. Mostly last year. I'm not sure who was even on the market without having to give up one of their stars.

It seems they maybe did gamble on Skinner since he's young. Not looking great atm, but we'll see.
Yeah, top goalies aren't exactly easy to find. The Leafs haven't had one since Belfour. It's been a revolving door of out of their prime vets and highly touted backups ever since. Gave up on Andersen, but had every right to. That guy couldn't stop a beach ball in the playoffs with them.

Just a reminder that MAF was considered a shitty goalie, until he wasn't.

The Avalanche won the Cup in 2024 with a shit goalie situation.
I believe Crawford won a few with the Blackhawks as well. An average goalie can get by on a team of destiny...that's absolutely stacked.

I believe Crawford won a few with the Blackhawks as well. An average goalie can get by on a team of destiny...that's absolutely stacked.
Agreed. Too bad that Skinner isn’t close to being even average

When your top line is good for 3 goals a game, you're always in with a shot in the regular season. A lot harder in the pl'oughs when everything is supposed to get tighter

I don’t love rooting against Tampa but here we are. LFG

Back