NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Nope. McKinnon can enter the argument for #2. Mcdavid is on another level. Did you see the entire Canuck gravitate toward McJesus on that last rush? McKinnon isn’t doing that.

I’m a pathetic Sabre fan but I respect the shit out of MxDavids game. It’ll be a shame to watch him piss away his care In Edmonton
You definitely need to watch more Avalanche games. Defenders are always gravitating toward MacKinnon on a rush no matter who is on the ice. He's arguably just as fast as McDavid, a far more aggressive skater and a better puck handler too. You can pick who you'd want, and I've seen enough from both of them to know I'd take MacKinnon, personally.

MACKINNON-GOAL.gif

speed.gif

89254ca3580b1cb3a5adf2cbe124cd4d.gif

gLkZl6.gif

You definitely need to watch more Avalanche games. Defenders are always gravitating toward MacKinnon on a rush no matter who is on the ice. He's arguably just as fast as McDavid, a far more aggressive skater and a better puck handler too. You can pick who you'd want, and I've seen enough from both of them to know I'd take MacKinnon, personally.

MACKINNON-GOAL.gif

speed.gif

89254ca3580b1cb3a5adf2cbe124cd4d.gif

gLkZl6.gif
Lol. I know Nate Mackinnon personally and even he would say Mcdavid is better.

Nate's best year was this year. McDavid has had about 7 years at that level or better.

McDavid gets favorable comparisons to Lemieux and Orr and most hockey minds generally accept the big 4 will be a big 5 before McDavid is done

I own both guy in my keep 5 league so I am happy lol

But Mack's season is more akin to 89 Yzerman. Amazing, but he wasn't lemieux lite regularly

Last edited:
he should have been in the box for 4 after that high stick to hughes when he scored that breakaway goal. the refs somehow missed it, yet wouldnt let hughes on the ice after because he was bleeding from that high stick that they "never saw."

i mean when youre busted open and bleeding all over the place and the refs didn't see what happened so they cant call it, thats what the new reviews are for. they could have huddled around and phoned it up and called a penalty.or at the very least look up at the jumbotron. that was some grade A bullshit right there.

at one point the refs even stalled the game for like 5 or 10 minutes after suter dumped the puck over the glass and a scrum ensued because none of them could decide if they wanted to call any more penalties. i mean for all that time and trouble they could have at least picked a dude from each team and sent them to the box or something. the incompetent referees should have been sent to the box for delay of game.

stevie wonder and hellen keller could have done a better job reffing that game. for both teams. the refereeing was atrocious tonight.

canucks fell asleep in the 3rd and then scored on themselves in overtime. this is the kind of shit i would see every other game like a year or two ago. and even before that. ian cole has been shitting the bed all series for us, but tonight he done fucked it up.

And the Canucks had 6 men on the ice right before the scored the go ahead goal.

he should have been in the box for 4 after that high stick to hughes when he scored that breakaway goal. the refs somehow missed it, yet wouldnt let hughes on the ice after because he was bleeding from that high stick that they "never saw."

i mean when youre busted open and bleeding all over the place and the refs didn't see what happened so they cant call it, thats what the new reviews are for. they could have huddled around and phoned it up and called a penalty.or at the very least look up at the jumbotron. that was some grade A bullshit right there.

at one point the refs even stalled the game for like 5 or 10 minutes after suter dumped the puck over the glass and a scrum ensued because none of them could decide if they wanted to call any more penalties. i mean for all that time and trouble they could have at least picked a dude from each team and sent them to the box or something. the incompetent referees should have been sent to the box for delay of game.

stevie wonder and hellen keller could have done a better job reffing that game. for both teams. the refereeing was atrocious tonight.

canucks fell asleep in the 3rd and then scored on themselves in overtime. this is the kind of shit i would see every other game like a year or two ago. and even before that. ian cole has been shitting the bed all series for us, but tonight he done fucked it up.
I do agree with you about the missed call but the Zadorov goal could’ve been called back for too many men on the ice. I’m not sure where you’re from and which broadcast you watched but the Canadian Sportsnet broadcast clearly showed too many men during the second intermission. They think that was a makeup call for missing the Hughes cut.

You also mentioned that McDavid should’ve been in the box for four minutes but he scored on a breakaway during that time. Absolutely not true. The cut happened with approximately 4 minutes left in the second and not long after Zadorov scored. McDavid tied the game 5 minutes into the third.

That cunt Nurse's hit on Petterson in the first period. Right on the numbers, head first into the boards. That's a 5 minute major for boarding. Ref standing right there. What the fuck was that. Or how about the interference call against Suter on McNuggets, and then McNuggets does the exact same thing to Zadorov with no call.

Hughes was asked about the reffing in the post game interview, he looked pisssed but managed to maintain his cool.

Edmonton deserved to win that game. Skinner is garbage though, and if they do manage to get past the Canucks, they're getting destroyed next round with goal tending like that.

That cunt Nurse's hit on Petterson in the first period. Right on the numbers, head first into the boards. That's a 5 minute major for boarding. Ref standing right there. What the fuck was that. Or how about the interference call against Suter on McNuggets, and then McNuggets does the exact same thing to Zadorov with no call.

Hughes was asked about the reffing in the post game interview, he looked pisssed but managed to maintain his cool.

Edmonton deserved to win that game. Skinner is garbage though, and if they do manage to get past the Canucks, they're getting destroyed next round with goal tending like that.

I don't think that was a boarding call tbh. Pretty clean shoulder to shoulder hit from the side over a play for the puck. You wanted a penalty for the resulting physics of it instead of the play Nurse made.

Regarding Hughes, he only got "high sticked" because of his height. It was more of a mid stick and I guess the refs let it go because they understand it's an occupational hazard of being a manlet defenseman. Being serious, the no call was fortunate for the Oilers, but they were still the considerably better team last night. It's surprising it was so close.

"Tonight, McDavid, Draisaitl, Ekholm, and Bouchard played 19 minutes together at EV. Shot attempts were 35-6 and scoring chances were 19-2 in favour of Edmonton, as they scored 3 goals and owned a 86 percent xG% in those minutes."

Last edited:
Reactions: PND
I don't think that was a boarding call tbh. Pretty clean shoulder to shoulder hit from the side over a play for the puck. You wanted a penalty for the resulting physics of it instead of the play Nurse made.

Regarding Hughes, he only got "high sticked" because of his height. It was more of a mid stick and I guess the refs let it go because they understand it's an occupational hazard of being a manlet defenseman. Being serious, the no call was fortunate for the Oilers, but they were still the considerably better team last night. It's surprising it was so close.

"Tonight, McDavid, Draisaitl, Ekholm, and Bouchard played 19 minutes together at EV. Shot attempts were 35-6 and scoring chances were 19-2 in favour of Edmonton, as they scored 3 goals and owned a 86 percent xG% in those minutes."

You're joking about the hit on Petterson. Right in the back. On the numbers.

Watch it again, tell.me how much "shoulder to shoulder" that was.

Reactions: PND
Lol. I know Nate Mackinnon personally and even he would say Mcdavid is better.

Nate's best year was this year. McDavid has had about 7 years at that level or better.

McDavid gets favorable comparisons to Lemieux and Orr and most hockey minds generally accept the big 4 will be a big 5 before McDavid is done

I own both guy in my keep 5 league so I am happy lol

But Mack's season is more akin to 89 Yzerman. Amazing, but he wasn't lemieux lite regularly

So Nate is humble. Good to know. Doesn't mean this isn't a pick 'em between the two best players in the league.

I know McDavid personally and even he would say Draisaitl is better.

Last edited:
I do agree with you about the missed call but the Zadorov goal could’ve been called back for too many men on the ice. I’m not sure where you’re from and which broadcast you watched but the Canadian Sportsnet broadcast clearly showed too many men during the second intermission. They think that was a makeup call for missing the Hughes cut.

You also mentioned that McDavid should’ve been in the box for four minutes but he scored on a breakaway during that time. Absolutely not true. The cut happened with approximately 4 minutes left in the second and not long after Zadorov scored. McDavid tied the game 5 minutes into the third.

well they should have gave mcdiver a 10 minute penalty i guess.

and as far as too many men is concerned, like i said, if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. it ain't my fault that stevie wonder and hellen keller were reffing the game and they could neither see nor count.

So Nate is humble. Good to know. Doesn't mean this isn't a pick 'em between the two best players in the league.

I know McDavid personally and even he would say Draisaitl is better.
This year alone? sure. This is the first and only time Mackinnon has been this elite at NHL level.
Career? its not close.

Yzerman scored 155 points in 1989 and was amazing and won the Lindsay. Nobody was saying "ill take Stevie Y over Gretzky from now on!"

And yeah, I know it probably sounded like a load of turd saying I know him, but, Halifax isn't exactly a big place. If you came to visit many folks could introduce you to any current Moosehead player and any visiting alumni lol. He still runs his summer camp with Crosby and Marchand here every year. The same summer camp Taylor hall complained plays and tries too hard when he bounced after a week.

Edit: im not kidding. Taylor hall literally started whining about how hard they were practicing and left early.

So you can complain about the Oilers getting benefits considering calls or non calls but the Canucks get a free pass?

not really, the oilers were gift wrapped power plays and thats the only reason why they ever win any hockey games, and the canucks got screwed. hughes gets sticked in the face and is bleeding all over the ice and stevie wonder and hellen keller completely missed it. and zadorov was going to score a shorthanded goal after a too many men penalty that never got called because the blind refs couldn't count to 6, so he had to overcome the will of the refs and score on even strength

we had to play against two teams last night. the soilers and the officials. the ice was tilted. and even with that, we still ended up putting the puck in the net more times than edmonton.

not really, the oilers were gift wrapped power plays and thats the only reason why they ever win any hockey games, and the canucks got screwed. hughes gets sticked in the face and is bleeding all over the ice and stevie wonder and hellen keller completely missed it. and zadorov was going to score a shorthanded goal after a too many men penalty that never got called because the blind refs couldn't count to 6, so he had to overcome the will of the refs and score on even strength

we had to play against two teams last night. the soilers and the officials. the ice was tilted. and even with that, we still ended up putting the puck in the net more times than edmonton.
Lol

Maple Leafs brass says 'everything must be on the table' in order to improve​

Could Shanahan be replaced as Maple Leafs president?

Pelley gave Shanahan a vote of confidence despite the fact Toronto has won one playoff series in the 10 years the Hall of Fame forward has been in charge of running the team

“Brendan is the president of the Toronto Maple Leafs,” Pelley said. “He's a champion. He's a three-time Stanley Cup winner. What I saw in my four weeks here with the two gentlemen beside me showed me that the chemistry and unity is being built at the highest levels.”

everything on the table except for shanahan, because once upon a time when he played hockey he won a couple of stanley cups.

This year alone? sure. This is the first and only time Mackinnon has been this elite at NHL level.
Career? its not close.

Yzerman scored 155 points in 1989 and was amazing and won the Lindsay. Nobody was saying "ill take Stevie Y over Gretzky from now on!"

And yeah, I know it probably sounded like a load of turd saying I know him, but, Halifax isn't exactly a big place. If you came to visit many folks could introduce you to any current Moosehead player and any visiting alumni lol. He still runs his summer camp with Crosby and Marchand here every year. The same summer camp Taylor hall complained plays and tries too hard when he bounced after a week.

Edit: im not kidding. Taylor hall literally started whining about how hard they were practicing and left early.
Counting points and stats is no match for the eye test. Career-wise, MacKinnon spent basically half his career in Colorado rebuilding and was even at the bottom of the barrel whereas Edmonton was well established when Connor was drafted. They didn't go through a franchise altering build, so that will mess up any players stats.

MacKinnon plays with a chip on his shoulder. I don't think he likes that McDavid is the NHL's darling child while he's been out there doing what he's doing for over 10 years. I maintain that they're two of the best and I would still choose MacKinnon over McDavid.

Counting points and stats is no match for the eye test. Career-wise, MacKinnon spent basically half his career in Colorado rebuilding and was even at the bottom of the barrel whereas Edmonton was well established when Connor was drafted. They didn't go through a franchise altering build, so that will mess up any players stats.

MacKinnon plays with a chip on his shoulder. I don't think he likes that McDavid is the NHL's darling child while he's been out there doing what he's doing for over 10 years. I maintain that they're two of the best and I would still choose MacKinnon over McDavid.
What the actual fuck is this bullshit? Edmonton was not well established when Mcdavid was drafted. They were one of the worst teams in the league, perpetually drafting top 3 and drafting a lot of busts. Far worse than Colorado was LOL

McDavid is the reason for that teams turn in fortunes. His elite play worked much like Gretzky and Lemieux of old. He helped teammates realize their potential and could score with anyone. That' why they call it the McDavid effect in fantasy
McDavid busted his collarbone and missed a lot of the 1st season and the team made all kinds of offseason moves to build around him the next years, ejecting taylor Hall and Eberle types and bringing in guys like Maroon and Lucic. He is THE superstar and propelled that team above their abilities.

His first few full years were him scoring 100+ while Draisaitl played a different 2nd line and scored 70-77 and everyone else scored 50 or below. he was lining up with Maroon and Lucic types on his wings and Klefbom was the teams PP quarterback for YEARS. His only help was Draisaitl and the PP, who centers a different line at ES.

His superstar abilities is what pulled them out of rebuild faster. He tilts the ice

Back