Nikola Jokić is already the best basketball player in history

Safwan ibn Muattal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He's got work to do to have the greatest career, but he's already played basketball at a higher level than anyone in NBA history.

Best primes of all time:
1. Nikola Jokić (22-24)
2. Michael Jordan (91-93)
3. LeBron James (12-14)
4. Larry Bird (84-86)
5. Shaquille O'Neal (00-02)

He's extremely unique and obviously great offensively but one chip (possibly two this year) playing in a historically weak era of defense isn't screaming best of anything.

Jokic has had an excellent past few years but it's best to let careers play out before deciding their place behind MJ.

He's extremely unique and obviously great offensively but one chip (possibly two this year) playing in a historically weak era of defense isn't screaming best of anything.

Jokic has had an excellent past few years but it's best to let careers play out before deciding their place behind MJ.
His very first sentence:
He's got work to do to have the greatest career

His very first sentence:

That's what is called "part of his first sentence."

This is his first sentence in its entirety.

He's got work to do to have the greatest career, but he's already played basketball at a higher level than anyone in NBA history.

The point is that one should let things play out before reflecting. It's hard to have perspective when you're right in the middle of something. Also, keep in mind that 2024 isn't even over yet.

Hopefully that helps you in the future.

That's what is called "part of his first sentence."

This is his first sentence in its entirety.

The point is that one should let things play out before reflecting. It's hard to have perspective when you're right in the middle of something. Also, keep in mind that 2024 isn't even over yet.

Hopefully that helps you in the future.
You’re misunderstanding what he’s saying. His point seems to be, if Jokić quit playing today, he’s already had one of or the highest peak of any player ever. Not career, but level of play.
For the record, I have no idea if this is true and have no opinion. I don’t know shit about basketball. Just pointing out the misunderstanding.

You’re misunderstanding what he’s saying. His point seems to be, if Jokić quit playing today, he’s already had one of or the highest peak of any player ever. Not career, but level of play.
For the record, I have no idea if this is true and have no opinion. I don’t know shit about basketball. Just pointing out the misunderstanding.

I'm understanding what he's saying just fine. He's using three year time periods to decide the highest level of basketball in history. The best part is Jokic's three year period isn't even over yet. I also don't particularly agree with some of the other time frames being used.

What I'm saying is it's hard to have perspective of something when you're right in the middle of it. People always rush to claim everything is the best ever. Let 2024 finish and some time to pass before thinking about where this three year period ranks in history, especially within the context of the league as a whole. That's usually a pretty reasonable thing to do.

Hell, if the Nuggets win this year then there will be threads claiming "greatest ever" and if they lose it will be "overrated."

Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and even Shaq are not breakable barriers for Jokic at the Center position. And hes better than Russell(like a lot of centers)but Russell has 11 rings so thats an unbreakable barrier too.

He did win a title with less help than anyone else though. DeAndre Jordan was the only ex all star on the team though Murray will probably eventually join him. Even someone like Dirk had 5 all stars on his team. So if you want to declare Jokic the "guy who won the title with least help" go ahead. But that don't mean hes the best.

Also media hyped this matchup up because they consider the Lakers to be the main character. In reality its a 2 seed clapping the 7 seed. Its nothing more than that. The 2 seed is supposed to clap the 7 seed.

Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and even Shaq are not breakable barriers for Jokic at the Center position. And hes better than Russell(like a lot of centers)but Russell has 11 rings so thats an unbreakable barrier too.

He did win a title with less help than anyone else though. DeAndre Jordan was the only ex all star on the team though Murray will probably eventually join him. Even someone like Dirk had 5 all stars on his team. So if you want to declare Jokic the "guy who won the title with least help" go ahead. But that don't mean hes the best.

Also media hyped this matchup up because they consider the Lakers to be the main character. In reality its a 2 seed clapping the 7 seed. Its nothing more than that. The 2 seed is supposed to clap the 7 seed.
So you admit he won a title with less help than anyone else, which would make him the best.

Being able to achieve the same result with less talented teammates is the definition of basketball ability.

So you admit he won a title with less help than anyone else, which would make him the best.

Being able to achieve the same result with less talented teammates is the definition of basketball ability.

The 2nd best player on his team has never made an all star team due to injuries. Its sort of a technicality. And its one thats fluid to change.

I'd have to check but off the top of my head, I think Hakeem won without any All-Stars.

I'd have to check but off the top of my head, I think Hakeem won without any All-Stars.

In 1994 he won with Thorpe and Cassell and in 1995 he won with Drexler and Cassell.

I'm talking players who made an all star team eventually not neccessarily that given year.

If Jamal Murray makes an all star team he and Hakeem would be tied with I think a few others. Hence Jokic having the record is a technicality because his team won the title last year. Whose to say Michael Porter will never make an all star team?

In 1994 he won with Thorpe and Cassell and in 1995 he won with Drexler and Cassell.

I'm talking players who made an all star team eventually not neccessarily that given year.

If Jamal Murray makes an all star team he and Hakeem would be tied with I think a few others. Hence Jokic having the record is a technicality because his team won the title last year. Whose to say Michael Porter will never make an all star team?

Ah ok. Well, I'm not sure that's the best way of looking at things because it's hard to argue Jokic has less help than Hakeem but that's another reason to wait longer and see how someone's career unfolds.

Im a big fan of Jokic but your getting ahead of yourself. Also what do you mean Mj prime was 2 years?

Joker better get it in now because Wemby's coming

Lol @ Hakeem. Those rings are worth less than a WNBA title. If Jordan didn't set records in load management due to his poor mental fortitude, Hakeem would be ringless.

Lol @ Hakeem. Those rings are worth less than a WNBA title. If Jordan didn't set records in load management due to his poor mental fortitude, Hakeem would be ringless.

Played a full 82 once. Needed to call Jim Gray to win a chip. Zero legitimate titles.

LeLoad bless.

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif

you could stop mike you could stop shaq you could stop kobe but jokic hits everything i saw a video of laker fan saying this guy hits everything from line from 3 from mid everything no center ever did that.people can ask them selfs shaq sucks at free throws mid jumpers ,hakim same thing not with jokic ypu ask your self in which aspect of shooting is je better shooting 3s mid jumpers or free throws

Last edited:
Back