Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

I literally just purchased the switch! It be so annoying if they released a new console just now. Everyone said it was probably at the midway point of its life cycle.

Either way, the switch has been a fantastic purchase. I couldn't be happier. I've purchased Donkey Kong Tropical freeze and Mario Odyssey. DKTF is a fun game but it's way too fucking hard. I honestly think it's one of the hardest games I've ever played. Mario Odyssey is a joy to play. I love that they included retro super Mario side quests and they've done it very well.

Tropical Freeze had me raging a bit. I can't remember exact levels or bosses that did, but I definitely remember raging lol

Tropical Freeze had me raging a bit. I can't remember exact levels or bosses that did, but I definitely remember raging lol
One level I died like 40 times. 40!

It wasn't even on hard mode, just normal mode. Unbelievable. You have a million obstacles, you slide all over the place and you are ALWAYS under pressure from a giant wall of lava or something like that.

That was pretty awful. Nintendo honestly been losing me a bit lately as a fan. They going way too hard on the remakes and remasters. Also relying way too much on Mario. Splatoon never interested me and sick to death of Mario Kart 8. Pokémon hasn’t evolved in forever. I don’t know man…. I might skip out on the next console for a few years until they bring some other franchises back. I want a Star Fox game with multiple routes again just like 64. No weird gimmicky crap. Kid Icarus deserves a comeback too. They seem a bit lazy lately

They should be tarred and feathered for that F zero bullshit

That insane stable of IP’s and we get nothing from anything but Mario lol

Anyone play Mystical Ninja Goemon on the 64 when they were younger? This Switch game revealed at the Japanese Nintendo Direct. It’s totally giving me that vibe. I’m sad there seems to be no Western release for it.

Pokémon hasn’t evolved in forever.
What? Arceus was the biggest evolution in the history of the series and was a huge step up.

I've been playing the new Kirby game. I initially liked that they include a higher difficulty right off the bat (Wild mode), but it honestly seems like the same difficulty as ever, and I assume that Spring Breeze is just baby mode. Still a really fun game.

Finally able to finish Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. What a masterpiece. I delayed finishing it for so long because it was so fun to explore and complete all the quests. I don't know how they keep Making the Zelda games better with every generation.

RE4 Remake, Baldurs Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom, Final Fantasy XVI, Mario Wonder, and Spider-Man 2 as nominations? These are my predictions

RE4 Remake, Baldurs Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom, Final Fantasy XVI, Mario Wonder, and Spider-Man 2 as nominations? These are my predictions
Think that sums it up.

Wild year for gaming.

Really looking forward to playing Wonder between Spider-Man 2.

Sounds like GotY material

93 on MC

https://www.metacritic.com/game/super-mario-bros-wonder/

92 on OC

https://opencritic.com/game/15123/super-mario-bros-wonder

I just watched a few reviews and they are RAVING about this game. Claiming its the best 2D mario since Yoshi's island. The amount of novel ideas they shoved into this game is supposedly enough to create multiple other games around them. I will most likely buy this and try it out after spiderman 2 or after Tears of the Kingdom (still havent played this).

Just started Mario Wonder. It's great. Picking different characters and badges makes the replayability of stages skyrocket.

I haven't played any 2D Mario since the SNES times and I'm loving it.

Have to take my Switch in for repair. Just randomly stopped turning on weather it was docked or not. One day it was working, then the next it was dead. Hoping it's a fairly cheap fix or I will be tempted to buy another one with Mario RPG right around the corner.

Have to take my Switch in for repair. Just randomly stopped turning on weather it was docked or not. One day it was working, then the next it was dead. Hoping it's a fairly cheap fix or I will be tempted to buy another one with Mario RPG right around the corner.
Just hold off for the next console imo

It happened once to mine when I played until the battery was completely drained.

It fixed by itself when I left it charging for 24h.

It happened once to mine when I played until the battery was completely drained.

It fixed by itself when I left it charging for 24h.

@Dinkin_Flicka

this. I also thought my Switch was dead. Charged it for half a day after joy using it for a whole year and it wouldn’t work. Thought it had died. Left I charged for longer than a day in hopes it would show signs of life and lo and behold it worked again.

Back