No matter the outcome that Point was BS

Leon grabbing the fence wasn't worthy of a POINT deduction. Usman hasn't done a thing with any of his TDs landed but he gets a point for that. So if he wins a close round it gives him a 10-8. What happened to Herb "don't do that or I will warn you not to do that again" Dean?
Take the point or put them on the ground with Usman on top. I’m good with either.

Herb Deans fault

It was an egregious foul and Edwards was already on thin ice. I much prefer giving the other fighter top position, because a point is so huge, but Herb had to do something at that point.

Leon grabbing the fence wasn't worthy of a POINT deduction. Usman hasn't done a thing with any of his TDs landed but he gets a point for that. So if he wins a close round it gives him a 10-8. What happened to Herb "don't do that or I will warn you not to do that again" Dean?
4 fouls mean nothing? Wtf?

He looks slow.

They used to call him black khabib.

But we know now thats not true.

Unlike khabib, who when he gets a hold of you, takedown is 100%...Usman is no super takedown threat

We always knew it wasn't true, most of his work was against the fence

It absolutely should be a point deduction, as it prevented him from getting taken down. Herb also should've restarted them in the clinch against the fence. Usman is a notorious fence grabber though so he deserved it.
Did you mean Leon? Also you can't get the point deduction and be awarded the position.

How in the hell is it 48-46 leon ahhaha

British home cooking again...

I had it 48-46 usman

Leon cheated alot as well...

2,3,5 Usman...
I agree. He had 4 fouls. Got 1 point taken away. Disgusting

4 fouls mean nothing? Wtf?
The groin strikes aren't Leon's fault. He throws and Usman moves making the strike land where it did. That's why there was no deduction or even warning. Additionally Usman didn't look too compromised and he is known for Milking alleged fouls to recover. Same with coming across the cage before the round starts, clever little way to either grab a territorial advantage or get a little extra recovery time. Wrestlers like Usman, DC & Yoel know some of these little tricks. Usman even tried a bit of a hand shake to bait Herb into calling a glove grab that didn't happen.

How in the hell is it 48-46 leon ahhaha

British home cooking again...

I had it 48-46 usman

Leon cheated alot as well...

2,3,5 Usman...

You're crazy.

Whilst Leon had the point deduction, that round was close, you could call it 10-8.

Leon won 3-4 rounds, worst case scenario you could call it a draw.

Do you honestly think after watching the fight, Usman was better? I just don't see it.

The groin strikes aren't Leon's fault. He throws and Usman moves making the strike land where it did. That's why there was no deduction or even warning. Additionally Usman didn't look too compromised and he is known for Milking alleged fouls to recover. Same with coming across the cage before the round starts, clever little way to either grab a territorial advantage or get a little extra recovery time. Wrestlers like Usman, DC & Yoel know some of these little tricks. Usman even tried a bit of a hand shake to bait Herb into calling a glove grab that didn't happen.
So you are fine with multiple fouls? Shit let's not even deduct points for them. 4 6 or 8. All good

Leon will go for Colby or Connor, or even masvidal if he somehow gets past Burns.
I really don't see how Colby deserves another 3rd title fight. He has ZERO wins over anyone else in the UFC top 10 WWs. In fact he only has 1 win over anyone in the UFC top 15. Otherwise he has 2 losses to Usman & hasn't fought anyone else in the top 15.

Herb did a good job of staying out of the fight as much as possible while enforcing the rules. Notice how there was no fence grabs after point taken
Leon grabbed it again in the 5th, less substantially.

So you are fine with multiple fouls? Shit let's not even deduct points for them. 4 6 or 8. All good
Basically the fence grab I am fine with SO LONG AS it is always enforced. Its the selective enforcement that I have issue with. The groin strikes were accidental and not worthy of anything. Usman got his time to rest which is likely what he was after since he is known for faking them.

Should be more deductions instead of 3-4 stern warnings. Every fighter seems to get 1 free eye poke 1 free nut shot and 1 free fence grab in every single fight. It’s annoying

He’s lucky it was only a point, he literally went to a junk kick right after rhe point was taken, should have been another deduction right there.

Regardless, I had 2,3 for Usman, but he’s just not champ worthy any longer. This is probably the worst version of him that I can remember.

I am still not sold on Leon either, and the best thing about today’s outcome is they don’t get to fight each other again.

I am good with that. But perhaps if it is actually consistent. Is this some new thing where they will do it every time consistently?

I’m not sure, Goddard did it in Jimmy Crute’s last fight (which saved him getting the draw) and there was another recent one too I believe? Either way I think it’s a good thing

ironic because Usman's whole gameplan is holding people against the fence with his fingers lol

Back