No MMA athlete made the Sportico 100 Highest Paid Athletes List for 2023

Damn šŸ» shame Wolverine "Ron" Bata ain't make the list him being champ and all that but at least one of the mandem did.

Screenshot-2024-02-07-232151.png

Dem MMA boyz needa get woke to the game and start grindin' fam.

#equalpayformma

iā€™m sure that without ufc, all these mma fighters would have $66 million dollar paydays like anthony joshua.

Why the hell are you all obsessed over fighter pay? The pay structure is fine in that unlike boxing, there is a power dynamic where the UFC can make these fuckers fights.

In boxing, you get 2 hour cards full of crap and a lack luster main event which the outcome is all but assured.

Top end fighters getting more percentage of the card just means they will fight less and when they do fight it will be hand picked crap.

No thanks.

Chuck, GSP, Conor...Brock. Rhonda Silva I mean these guys are not struggling and have used their UFC spotlight to springboard into more money. Who fucking cares about their pay.

MMA pay could definitely be better but boxing goes way too far in the other direction. Its part of the reason its such a shitshow compared to other combat sports. Guys can make millions spending 90% of their career cherry picking and ducking obvious challengers.

Good for Tank. He's exciting but needs to make better decisions outside the ring.

So if he made 40 million, you think he keeps maybe 10 million after taxes, management fees and training costs. Still enough to do some good like this and I hope he makes a profit so he can do more projects.

If you think he only takes home 25% of his salary it sounds like he needs to get a new manager.

If you think he only takes home 25% of his salary it sounds like he needs to get a new manager.
You think that 25% take home is too much?

Federal state and local income would be 50%, he's self employed so he pays more for payroll tax, agent takes 10-15%, manager takes 10-15%, he's Tank Davis so you know he has legal costs like the ones stemming from his DUI and missed probation, plus he needs to pay for training partners.

I don't know, 25% sounds right to me? How much does do you think he takes?

Ps. Also it's not a salary

I kind of doubt Chuck made that much money as the rest on that list tho, there is a reason gramps Chuck took a KO from Tito at like 55 years old, he needed the money.
1707398577469.png

Chuck has enough money to snort coke and bang hookers for the rest of his life.

He's good.

MMA pay could definitely be better but boxing goes way too far in the other direction. Its part of the reason its such a shitshow compared to other combat sports. Guys can make millions spending 90% of their career cherry picking and ducking obvious challengers.

Maybe for the low end fighters they could be propped up a tad better. But overall I'm content. Those who excel in the sport have enough FU money to enjoy themselves.

Seeing the paltry sponsorship numbers, a lot of people on that list should fire their agents.

Tiger Woods (admittedly an outlier) made ~5.33X more in endorsements than he did in prize money (or whatever it's called.)
Comparatively Deshaun Watson's NFL salary was ~4X more than Tiger's prize money; but 92X more than his own sponsorship earnings; and he's not the only one to have that type of disparity.
DeShaun Watson is also coming off one of the biggest sex scandals in NFL history. He also sucker the Cleveland browns into giving him almost $200 million dollars in guaranteed money.

We
Seeing the paltry sponsorship numbers, a lot of people on that list should fire their agents.

Tiger Woods (admittedly an outlier) made ~5.33X more in endorsements than he did in prize money (or whatever it's called.)
Comparatively Deshaun Watson's NFL salary was ~4X more than Tiger's prize money; but 92X more than his own sponsorship earnings; and he's not the only one to have that type of disparity.
Well... I don't think anyone is gonna endorse Deshaun Watson right now.

You think that 25% take home is too much?

Federal state and local income would be 50%, he's self employed so he pays more for payroll tax, agent takes 10-15%, manager takes 10-15%, he's Tank Davis so you know he has legal costs like the ones stemming from his DUI and missed probation, plus he needs to pay for training partners.

I don't know, 25% sounds right to me? How much does do you think he takes?

Ps. Also it's not a salary
Okay "purse" not salary.

Isn't tax more like 40% over a certain threshold?

I don't know what states he's made his money in but he currently lives in Florida and Maryland which are a bit less steep on tax than somewhere like California.

When you're making big money like that you get your manager to work tax loopholes and make deductions for you.

Anthony Joshua paid less than Ā£4m in tax on Ā£80m in earnings.

g off one of the biggest sex scandals in NFL history. He also sucker the Cleveland browns into giving him almost $200 million dollars in guaranteed money
I don't follow football.
It was also a very lazy citation.
Click the link and scroll to look at the competition related salaries vs. endorsement salaries.
There are quite a few basketball, soccer, and race car drivers with lower than expected ratios.
We

Well... I don't think anyone is gonna endorse Deshaun Watson right now.
Yeah, that dude^ pointed it out, too.
Bad citation on my part. You can scroll the list and compare the numbers and see that my point still stands.

Ohh yeah, he is set for life...

Fighters like fighting. News at 11. Chuck will NEVER want to leave the battlefield. That's just who he is. Hell when he is just watching fights, he is pretending like he is in that octagon. Plus coke is a hell of a drug.

iu

Fighters like fighting. News at 11. Chuck will NEVER want to leave the battlefield. That's just who he is. Hell when he is just watching fights, he is pretending like he is in that octagon. Plus coke is a hell of a drug.

iu
Same vibes.

Screenshot-2023-08-13-093701.webp

Back