Nobody into the World Champs.....

Its cheap but women's long jump tomorrow

aJo_M_E1meKRqfU6FaZUwCqZd0Qszy8CZBqaOlRvMVA.jpg

400M sprinters don't get enough respect. 100M is considered the blue ribbon event and 400M is sometimes considered an event for people who aren't fast enough for the 100M. But look at Kerley and Jackson - they couldn't win gold in the 400M, but they move down to 200M and 100M and start getting the gold.

None of us track geeks saw that 19.31 coming the consensus was pretty much 19.55ish. What Lyles pulled off was a total stunner. Where was his decelleration phase, yep....he didn't have one.

Amazing performance, expect this American record to also be with us awhile.

400M sprinters don't get enough respect. 100M is considered the blue ribbon event and 400M is sometimes considered an event for people who aren't fast enough for the 100M. But look at Kerley and Jackson - they couldn't win gold in the 400M, but they move down to 200M and 100M and start getting the gold.

Way back in the 52 Olympics, Jamaican Herb McKenley won silver in the 100m and the 400m and ran on a gold medal 4x4 team where he split histories first sub 45.0 split.

Way back in the 52 Olympics, Jamaican Herb McKenley won silver in the 100m and the 400m and ran on a gold medal 4x4 team where he split histories first sub 45.0 split.
That's pretty incredible. Dude's legs must have been dead at the end.

That mens 200m did actually remind me a lot of Bolts WR in Berlin, looked like he'd gone hard on the bend to build up a lead to defend but just kept speeding up instead.

Was almost hoping with the womens race the record might be broken, the more of those dodgy 80's ones that go the better IMHO.

I think if you speak to the athletes themselves you'll often here them say 400 meters is the nastiest race, the one that pushes cardio/muscles the hardest because your going at full sprint speed the longest were as 800 meters is run more like a mini distance race.

That mens 200m did actually remind me a lot of Bolts WR in Berlin, looked like he'd gone hard on the bend to build up a lead to defend but just kept speeding up instead.

Was almost hoping with the womens race the record might be broken, the more of those dodgy 80's ones that go the better IMHO.

I think if you speak to the athletes themselves you'll often here them say 400 meters is the nastiest race, the one that pushes cardio/muscles the hardest because your going at full sprint speed the longest were as 800 meters is run more like a mini distance race.

I totally agree like Bolt where was that decelleration phase, did he simply not have one which is suppose to be impossible.

Sydney McLaughlin breaks her 400m hurdles record by 0.7s, she's something else

Last edited:
Now the talk is her going after the flat 400m record. Yep, she is a very special athlete.

Definitely will be interesting where she tops out of , could become an absolute legend in Track and Field when it's all over

Happy for Fred Kerley winning a World Championship in the 100 , but dude got hurt in the 200 and that opened the Door for the Canadien Men to win the 4 x 100.

Last edited:
Happy for Fred Kerley winning a World Championship in the 100 , but dude got hurt in the 200 and that opened the Door for the Canadien Men to win the 4 x 100.
We ran the wrong line up, you don't have Noah Lyles anywhere but anchor and that should be real obvious. Should have ran.....

Coleman....Bromell....Bracy....Lyles
Would have a gold medal if we had.

Definitely will be interesting where she tops out of , could become an absolute legend in Track and Field when it's all over

She is pretty much that right now, none of us have seen anything in the 400h females like her before. When the talk is......she will bore of the event........wow!!!! Hell, even talk of the 800m, I can't see that but.....hey???

She is pretty much that right now, none of us have seen anything in the 400h females like her before. When the talk is......she will bore of the event........wow!!!! Hell, even talk of the 800m, I can't see that but.....hey???

Yeah the 800 would be bold , Athing Mu is 2 years younger that her and Keely Hodgekinson from GB is also 20 and was right behind her in 800 m final.

Anyways next couple years should be interesting for McLaughlin , 2024 is definitely the Main goal but she also just got married and you never know when someone has baby fever , hopefully it's and Allyson Felix situation where she does that later in her career.

Back