Nolan's Best Work

Two Crows

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
SherBro's, SherBra's, and SherBeings ...

What is the best Christopher Nolan film?

momento-drama.gif

Absolutely brilliant use of narrative to place the viewer in the stories course.

You see each scene and action with no reference into the events leading to their occurrence .... exactly as the protagonist experiences them. Simultaneously, you find/experience "memory isn't a record, it's an interpretation". Really noteworthy, all-time stuff that put Nolan on the map for good.

1RoO.gif

Are we really the same person after a life altering event as we were before it? Is there a point in which the quest for justice turns the victim into the villain? Can you believe your eyes?

Don't believe the hype, these are the two big films in Nolan's career. Not from a box office standpoint, but artistically (though Following has it's arguments). Which do you prefer? Can you make an argument for another?

P.S. I'd add a poll, but I don't have the ability.

SherBro's, SherBra's, and SherBeings ...

What is the best Christopher Nolan film?

momento-drama.gif

Absolutely brilliant use of narrative to place the viewer in the stories course.

You see each scene and action with no reference into the events leading to their occurrence .... exactly as the protagonist experiences them. Simultaneously, you find/experience "memory isn't a record, it's an interpretation". Really noteworthy, all-time stuff that put Nolan on the map for good.

1RoO.gif

Are we really the same person after a life altering event as we were before it? Is there a point in which the quest for justice turns the victim into the villain? Can you believe your eyes?

Don't believe the hype, these are the two big films in Nolan's career. Not from a box office standpoint, but artistically (though Following has it's arguments). Which do you prefer? Can you make an argument for another?

P.S. I'd add a poll, but I don't have the ability.

Absolutely agree. Memento and Prestige are still my favourites. Amazing pieces of work.

Batman Trilogy had some of the best performances by the villains. Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy were brilliant. But take away those performances and the movies themselves are just slightly above average.

Inception, Interstellar and Tenet are some of the most overrated movies I've ever seen.

The Prestige seems to be overlooked frequently with the batman movies, inception,and Dunkirk getting heaps of praise

The next one ... Oppenheimer has a ridiculous cast , he's got a writing and production credit to go along with direction

I have enjoyed most Nolan films....but "victory has defeated you", stuck with me instantly, and has been my life creed for remaining "comfortable" as motivation.

dark knight trilogy, but batman begins and tdk are way better than the third.

Wow, a lot of harsh critiques in here. I think Interstellar is a fantastic exercise in scale. One of the best since Lawrence of Arabia. Nolan is one of the best directors in a long time in my opinion.

I think he kinda fell off hard after Inception.

TDKR was good but flawed. I give him a pass because he couldn't really do the grand finale justice due to Heath dying years prior.

Interstellar must be better than I remembered it, because tons of people here love it. Gonna have to give that another watch.

Dunkirk I thought was a return to form, but it's kinda forgettable, eh? Solid film, but not something you rave about to people during water cooler talk at work.

Tenet. Garbage. Not even going to get into the myriad of problems with that film.

For me, I think Nolan is just abusing his power and influence to make these overstuffed jig-saw puzzles of a movie these days.

Anyways, I think his three best films are TDK, Prestige and Inception. Honorable mentions to Memento and BB.

I kinda lost interest in him during the Batman trilogy but Memento and Prestige were awesome

I wish Interstellar didn’t completely fall apart in the end. I still loved it though and consider it his best movie

Back