Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

Went kind of heavy on them surprised they got rekt 2-0.
Not that it matters but Ronaldo scored for Juventus in extra time, he has now scored in 9 consecutive matches.

Kyrgios again comes up short on the important points. He has the talent to win a slam but he mentally folds every time.

Last edited:
Not that it matters but Ronaldo scored for Juventus in extra time, he has now scored in 9 consecutive matches.

Kyrgios again comes up short on the important points. He has the talent to win a slam but he mentally folds every time.

He played Rafa Nadal, not only arguably the greatest player ever, but the player with THE greatest point-to-point concentration in tennis history, who continually plays his best at the biggest moments.

As for winning a Slam...maybe? But most likely not. He turns 25 in April, usually a player's prime, and is only 26th in the world. There is a huge difference between giving a top player a very close match in the middle of the tournament and actually winning a major.

Guys like Medvedev and Thiem are around that same age and well ahead of him in terms of their game and results, even ignoring the mental factor.

He played Rafa Nadal, not only arguably the greatest player ever, but the player with THE greatest point-to-point concentration in tennis history, who continually plays his best at the biggest moments.

As for winning a Slam...maybe? But most likely not. He turns 25 in April, usually a player's prime, and is only 26th in the world. There is a huge difference between giving a top player a very close match in the middle of the tournament and actually winning a major.

Guys like Medvedev and Thiem are around that same age and well ahead of him in terms of their game and results, even ignoring the mental factor.

I agree. The thing is while they are improving each year, Kyrgios started with so much natural ability but has been stagnant since. He was getting to the QF's as a teenager and hasn't reached another one since and it is purely because he has a lazy work ethic which is what makes it frustrating. I have seen him in small tournament matches where he just stops playing, you can only succeed so much with his attitude no matter how talented you are.

Last edited:
I agree. The thing is while they are improving each year, Kyrgios started with so much natural talent but has been stagnant since. He was getting to the QF's as a teenager and hasn't reached another one since and it is purely because he has a lazy work ethic which is what makes it frustrating. I have seen him in small tournament matches where he just stops playing, you can only succeed so much with his attitude no matter how talented you are.
He's a multi-millionaire without winning. That's the problem with tennis, you can make enormous money without actually winning. Much less incentive to train hard every day when you're $500K for 3-4 matches...

Kyrgois' ceiling was always to be the next Monfils. He's flashy and looks to have all the ability but won't win one, much like Monfils...

had one losing day cuz i went big on livebetting the lakers didnt show up against philly and the over in the blaydes fight but im already on another heater <Moves>....
i was so tilted after that ufc card that i wanted to put everything in my account on cyborg -450 those limits come in handy <45>Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 5.44.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.34.47 PM.png

Damn federer is getting rekt bad. Livebet seems advisable.

Edit: Damn massive choke by sand in 4th set

Last edited:
He's a multi-millionaire without winning. That's the problem with tennis, you can make enormous money without actually winning. Much less incentive to train hard every day when you're $500K for 3-4 matches...

You could say the same about any major sport. What's the incentive to try hard at basketball or football when you make millions every year, anyways?

burge13 said:
Kyrgois' ceiling was always to be the next Monfils. He's flashy and looks to have all the ability but won't win one, much like Monfils...

I do think Kyrgios is a lot more talented than Monfils, heh.

You could say the same about any major sport. What's the incentive to try hard at basketball or football when you make millions every year, anyways?
I do think Kyrgios is a lot more talented than Monfils, heh.
It happens in other sports. Look at Ozil at Arsenal or every player in a 'contract year' in the NBA. All of a sudden they find another gear?

Kyrgios looks flashy but unfortunately it's all he'll ever be. Everyone said Monfils would win majors, years have passed and that obviously never happened. Same will happen with Nick IMO. His one saving grace is Djoka, Fed and Rafa will lose their stranglehold which was a large part in Monfils never winning one.

Everyone said Monfils would win majors, years have passed and that obviously never happened.

Who is "everyone"? You're literally the first person I've ever heard suggesting Monfils could win a grand slam.

The guy was ranked between 10th and 20th for much of his career, broke the top 10 for a hot minute a time or two but never the top 5, and was decimated by a LOT more than just Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.

He's made a whopping 2 Grand Slam semifinals in his entire 15+ year career, which doesn't suggest any special ability to threaten top players, and probably even underperforms relative to his world ranking.

His groundstrokes alone were way too weak to ever seriously contend for a major.

Who is "everyone"? You're literally the first person I've ever heard suggesting Monfils could win a grand slam.

The guy was ranked between 10th and 20th for much of his career, broke the top 10 for a hot minute a time or two but never the top 5, and was decimated by a LOT more than just Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.

He's made a whopping 2 Grand Slam semifinals in his entire 15+ year career, which doesn't suggest any special ability to threaten top players, and probably even underperforms relative to his world ranking.

His groundstrokes alone were way too weak to ever seriously contend for a major.
Easy to say in hindsight he won't win one haha. Obviously he won't now, how astute of you to point out

Kyrgios career will go down the same path. The flashy player with talent who never produced enough

Easy to say in hindsight he won't win one haha. Obviously he won't now, how astute of you to point out

I followed top-flight tennis really hardcore from the late 1990s all the way to about 2015. I have NEVER heard this "everyone thought Monfils would win majors" until you typed it in your reply above. That you're responding with childish sarcasm instead of backing up your claim tells me you pulled it out of your ass.

burge13 said:
Kyrgios career will go down the same path. The flashy player with talent who never produced enough

Have you ever played tennis, or know anything about the sport?

I followed top-flight tennis really hardcore from the late 1990s all the way to about 2015. I have NEVER heard this "everyone thought Monfils would win majors" until you typed it in your reply above. That you're responding with childish sarcasm instead of backing up your claim tells me you pulled it out of your ass.
Have you ever played tennis, or know anything about the sport?
So Monfils was never hyped? No media ever said 'he could win a major'? Was certainly said in sports shows here...

y are u guys arguing about this pointless tennis match on this whole page where i posted like 12 wins in a row at 250 a unit some 2 unit plays as well...

smh i cant understand why u guys on this forum have such inflated egos like u really wanna clutter this whole thread crying about losing a 25 dollar tennis unit instead of analyzing my picks and trying to become better??? u guys r fucking scrubs

y are u guys arguing about this pointless tennis match on this whole page where i posted like 12 wins in a row at 250 a unit some 2 unit plays as well...

smh i cant understand why u guys on this forum have such inflated egos like u really wanna clutter this whole thread crying about losing a 25 dollar tennis unit instead of analyzing my picks and trying to become better??? u guys r fucking scrubs

You know, I really didn't mind your bragging too much and liked a lot of your replies.

However, this "LOOK AT ME, GUYS! LOOK AT ME, GUYS! AREN'T I BRILLIANT AND AWESOME! TELL ME I'M BRILLIANT AND AWESOME!" is quickly becoming aggravating.

Assuming you're not a complete liar, I look forward to you losing all that money back.

wow why are u guys so mad on here? <Lmaoo>

if it makes u feel better i thought i won my calgary flames bet turned game off after 2nd and just saw now it went to overtime and lost

My tennis mate who has suggested he favours Theim over Nadal.

0.2 Thiem to win +400
0.2 Thiem to win 3-2 +1200
0.2 Nadal to win 3-2 +620

Last edited:
The forum starts to look really weird when you put the trolls on ignore. You can't see quotes other people use or anything of their. So there's always someone saying random off topic stuff or complaining about someone, but it's always clear which tool they're talking about. It's pretty amusing actually. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Back