Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

Been gambling small limits (and having success) with darts so far. What's attractive about the sport is that it's relatively difficult to match-fix and also attracts a large casual crowd at the moment. What's unattractive is that it's an individual sport and thus easier to model.

Anyone else wagering on this?
its a bs sport to wager on, players cant influence each others scores. You will never beat the bookies longterm.

its a bs sport to wager on, players cant influence each others scores. You will never beat the bookies longterm.

Yes, hence my "individual sport" quip. Anyways, I think this is 99% true, but I've observed a few weird edge cases they miscap badly.

Pre-betting? Sucker bet. Live betting? ALMOST always a sucker bet.

Anywho, I was more wondering if others have observed what I have.

College basketball today
Boston college team total o 78.5
North Carolina -120
West Virginia +1.5
Luka Garza o 27.5 points

We're still in the first half, and the Nets have turned the ball over 9-10 times already...

Stupid af.

And, the Nets end the 1st half only down by 1 basket, due to a late 3-pointer by Boston.

The Nets should've easily covered the 1st half if it wasn't for 10+ turnovers. So dumb.

-$10 on 1st half.

Still have -3 Nets full game for $20.

Kyrie keeps making 3 pointers in the 4th quarter... sigh.

And multiple others kept making 3s... sheesh!

Brooklyn Nets -1 first half
Brooklyn Nets -3 full game

And, the Nets end the 1st half only down by 1 basket, due to a late 3-pointer by Boston.

The Nets should've easily covered the 1st half if it wasn't for 10+ turnovers. So dumb.

-$10 on 1st half.

Still have -3 Nets full game for $20.

Nets/Celtics U220.5 for $10
Brooklyn Nets -1 first half for $10
Brooklyn Nets -3 full game for $20
Nets/Celtics U220.5 for $10 (live bet)

Amazing how many turnovers the Lakers have in just the first half alone... WOW.

This Clippers/Nuggets game is ridiculous... Both teams are making a bunch of 3 pointers, and they have fouled each other so many times in the 2nd Quarter and also given each other And-1s several times (5+ times in the 2nd Quarter alone)...

The Under doesn't look likely unless they start playing bad in the 2nd half of the game.

Added Under 238.5

44 combined free throws in the first half. And Jokic makes the 3 pointer with 2 seconds left in the first half... Yuck

Last edited:
Clippers/Nuggets Under 226.5 for $10.

Added Under 238.5
Clippers/Nuggets Under 226.5 for $10
Clippers/Nuggets Under 238.5 for $20 (live bet)

----------
Decent result today. Obviously betting small since NBA is not my sport, and I've gotten burned several times in the past when I try to live bet my way out of spots. TBH, I hate team sports, which is another reason why I bet small.

Brooklyn Nets -1 first half for $10

Brooklyn Nets -3 full game for $20
Nets/Celtics U220.5 for $10 (live bet)
Lakers -3.5 first half for $10
Clippers/Nuggets Under 226.5 for $10
Clippers/Nuggets Under 238.5 for $20 (live bet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back