Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
$40/$110.21
north Carolina tarheels -190
lions +10.5 -150
giants +7.5 -210

Tar heels are a solid bet tonight. They are coming off a loss against Georgia tech and will come out strong tonight. Roy William is 18-2 vs Clemson. Carolina has won eight in a row and 18 out of 19 in the series. The lone loss in that span came on 1/13/2010.

initial NBA leans

I think the Raptors are getting too many points. i can make a lot of arguments for them being the better team outright. spread shouldnt be higher than 3

celtics are one of my favorite teams to bet on (always screw me when i bet against them), so i think i like them against the jazz who didnt look too great last night and now have to play in boston

denver -3 seems cool

dallas has turned a corner since getting healthy, especially defensively. i might bite on them being home dogs against the wizards

oh man how can u not like memphis -3. i know i know, lakers vs a team that cant score is a good bet, but only when theyre getting a lot of points. they're only getting 3 today...

Last edited:
i'll beat @mkess101 to it:

columbus -155, sure, why not.. 15 in a row.. ride that streak

tempting to tail but i know they are doomed as soon as i bet on them. ill get on the next streak, i guess...

Ha I bet them first thing this morning. Took -160 since I didn't wait for reduced (thought maybe line would move and I'd end up worse). I did 1.6u. I might add another .8u. They've made us so much $...just don't want to get crazy LOL

Added Tar Heels money line $145/$100 I do not understand this line drop one bit. I'm guessing it's because Clemson has a 8 game win streak (haven't beaten anyone good) and the Tar Heels are coming off a bad loss at Georgia tech a game they missed 21 of 26 3s and they uncharacteritically turned it over a ton. Not to mention the mental edge Tar Heels are 130-20 all time vs Clemson. I'd be pretty suprised if Clemson won this game.

Jumping the gun here but I dont want the line to drop to - range. Might add more if it goes back into the plus

Dallas Mavericks ML (+100) for 0.5u

I'm going to pass on the Raptors and Memphis (Marc Gasol most likely out it seems like)

I'm gonna try to look closely at player props again tonight. I have a few guys specifically I'm interested in. Don't want to go too nuts but I think there may be a decent amount of value I haven't been looking hard enough for in NBA player props.

Ha I bet them first thing this morning. Took -160 since I didn't wait for reduced (thought maybe line would move and I'd end up worse). I did 1.6u. I might add another .8u. They've made us so much $...just don't want to get crazy LOL

3.1u for me -155

smaller bets on montreal +110, wsh -150 & SJ -134, each to win/risk a unit.

Hit a bit of a bump in the road. I don't and will never leave my loyal supporters hanging on a loss. This is why I'm going to give away another exclusive pick. I have a strong lean on a big live dog. This is a recoup bet so we're going to triple up the bet. This isn't usually a strategy you employ, but this situation call for it. I also have colleagues in the sports betting think tank giving me their blessing on this pick. Feel it's razer sharp even a katana is dull in comparison to this pick.

Edmonton Oilers +145 3 Units

Just so you know I'm confident in this play I've personally put a significant size wager on this bet from my own bankroll.

- Barry

3.1u for me -155

smaller bets on montreal +110, wsh -150 & SJ -134, each to win/risk a unit.

I added .8u. So 2.4u total for me.

Let's keep it rolling!

Hit a bit of a bump in the road. I don't and will never leave my loyal supporters hanging on a loss. This is why I'm going to give away another exclusive pick. I have a strong lean on a big live dog. This is a recoup bet so we're going to triple up the bet. This isn't usually a strategy you employ, but this situation call for it. I also have colleagues in the sports betting think tank giving me their blessing on this pick. Feel it's razer sharp even a katana is dull in comparison to this pick.

Edmonton Oilers +145 3 Units

Just so you know I'm confident in this play I've personally put a significant size wager on this bet from my own bankroll.

- Barry

i almost never quote barry, but lol @ touting a 3u play against a team who is on a 15 game win streak.

care to elaborate on how the oilers are worth a 3u play here? bobrovsky already confirmed as the starter for the blue jackets, btw.

(incoming streak snap, watch, lol)

i almost never quote barry, but lol @ touting a 3u play against a team who is on a 15 game win streak.

care to elaborate on how the oilers are worth a 3u play here? bobrovsky already confirmed as the starter for the blue jackets, btw.

(incoming streak snap, watch, lol)

You know he just skims the thread looking for stuff like this to troll us on. Of all his "5 million star stone cold lock of the century" options he happens to go head to head with the team you and I have been riding to huge profits that's won 15 in a row?

C'mon. So transparent.

Added parlay:

Spurs + Grizzlies parlay (+106)
Risk 0.5u to win 0.53u

lol can't believe I missed the coolers pick

Can we start keeping track of Barry's plays and his ROI lol

Just wanna throw this out there (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me): to my knowledge, the Lakers traded a protected first round pick away a few years ago. It's been top ten protected then top three protected. This is the final year in which that pick is top three protected.

What this all means: if the lakers get a top three pick, they instead forfeit two second round picks and keep the first round pick that they owe. This would be a HUGE deal to the Lakers obviously as second round picks aren't as valuable. With a season in a tank already, I wonder if the Lakers organization basically tries to tank the whole year to situate themselves at the bottom of the league to increase probability of keeping that pick. The Lakers are young and have a core that has potential, but they can't expect that they're gonna make the playoffs.

Very busy weekend and I was hardly able to follow any NBA, so feeling a bit out of touch. Just one for tonight:

0.5u Celtics -5.5

Player prop bet #1:

Okay, 2 for 2 last night. I think I found one I really like in the early game tonight. Joel Embiid pts+rebounds o27 at -130. If you look at his YTD #'s, this matches up pretty closely. He's averaging 19ppg and a little over 7 rebounds per game. BUT, early in the year they were limiting his minutes to 22-24 on the nights he played. They still hold him out of games but on the nights that he does play now (roughly 2/3 of their games) he's getting 28+ minutes per night. And he's dominating in those minutes. Over his last 5 games he's played, only once would he have missed going over this # (he had 11 pts and 6 boards on 12/20 vs New Orleans). In the other 4 games he went: 33 and 10, 27 and 7, 25 and 8, and 23 and 6. So 3 of the 5 games he went WAY over that #.

There's some very mild concern that his match up is with KAT. Towns is a good defender who moves his feet well, but that said other centers have been able to score on him. Towns is also the Wolves best offensive player so doubtful he uses too much energy or risks foul trouble going too hard on the defensive end. A potentially bigger concern would be KAT putting Embiid in foul trouble himself, but that's a pretty minor concern overall as well.

I think this prop should probably be set at 28.5 to 29.5 and should be priced more like -150 or so. I like the value. Maybe not quite as much as with Bledsoe last night, but pretty close.

I'll be looking for more in the last 3 games. I have a few guys I am very interested in seeing where they end up with their props.

BOL for anyone who tails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back