Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What up fellas! I always forget to post my bets ITT but it's probably fortune to you guys that I have...
I mean, given the last few times I remembered to, I got slaughtered LOL I really like the quartet of plays on tap tonight but tail at your own risk and BOL as always!

BAYLOR -10 (-115)
CREIGHTON -6.5 (-115)
EVANSVILLE -10.5 (-115)
GEORGIA TECH +20 (-110)
Any thoughts on Nevada -2.5?

I would like to take this moment to apologize to anyone who lost money on my picks. I assure you, finding myself losing back to back picks is extremely rare. While I am quite profitable betting on the NHL, I find it's the single most unpredictable sport to make money on. That's ok -- I promised I'm not leaving until I fire you guys a winner! That's exactly what I intend to do.

I am going to go back to my bread and butter; my absolute moneymaker i.e NBA betting. Now, if I don't come through today, I will put my money where my mouth is. Therefore, I am so confident my bet wins today, should I lose, I will pony up $100 to one Sherdog memeber. In order for this person to receive said money, they must show bet slips which corroborate piggybacking my recent and losing free picks. I want to weed out the people who don't deserve the money. I can send the funds via Paypal, account to account transfer, Skrill/Neteller or if you're a Poker player through Pokerstars.

Again, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. You won't find a single handicapper with my level of confidence to offer money in the event of a losing outcome. It's one of the ways I separate myself from the "pack." Sure, I'll absolutely lose bets; tell me a capper with a perfect record and I'll show you a pig that can fly. Losing is a part of the game, but I am a long term profitable sports bettor. Hence, that's all that matters, period!

No more shenanigans. I'm in it to win it. When my exclusive bet comes through, give your boy his props and a dap for good measure. Let's get it fellas!!!

Today's Exclusive 5 Star Pick:

Chicago Bulls +6 -105 5 Units (Deadly lethal with my NBA bets, fair warning!!!)
6cjkDaQ.jpg

- Barry

upload_2017-1-4_17-8-47.jpeg

Okay early game player props:

@iGnP

That prop was up to 28.5 by the time I logged on. I didn't love it at 27.5 (didn't hate it, but it's right about what his recent production points to and it was at - odds). I'm leaving it alone.

The two I'm playing for sure:

Serge Ibaka pts+rebounds o23.5 at+115

In his last 9 games, he's gone over this # 6 times. His minutes per game, pts, rebounds, fg%, offensive efficiency, basically EVERYTHING are way up in the last month. And they are giving us + odds here?? Okay, 2u and no regrets if it doesn't cash.

Jabari Parker pts + rebounds o 26.5 at -115 (grrr--was +100 and odds changed when I put the bet in--still took it but grrr)

Parker is finally starting to live up to being a #2 overall pick. Giannis draws so much attention, Parker has really benefited. He's gone over this # 5 of the last 8 games and assuming Melo is guarding him (no guarantee but Porzingas is out so it def won't be him and his length that can bother scorers) he's not gonna have a problem getting to the rim. But honestly, regardless of who is on him he should be fine. I like the Ibaka bet better, 1u on this one.

Adding a couple of plays...

Finalized plays:
Trailblazers +16 risk 2.2u to win 2u
Bucks -3 risk 1.1u to win 1u
Hornets -2 risk 1.65u to win 1.5u
Magic +110 risk 0.3u to win 0.33u

Let's goooooooo

I have a few guys I'm eyeing for later too, hopefully get what I want or close.

Was really waiting on Melo tonight with Porzingas out but they juiced him up way too much. His pt total prop is like 5 over what he's averaged lately. Sorry but even with no Porzingas not laying juice to play Melo o24.5 pts, that's too high. That said won't play the under because there's a decent chance he takes 25 shots tonight.

One guy for sure I'm hoping for decent lines on later but kinda thinking not gonna get 'em.

Taking a look now while I do my DK lineups.
I forgot to make a team earlier, so I just put one together real quick:

PG: McCollum
SG: Clay Thompson
SF: Carmelo
PF: Gordon
C: Vucevic
G: Brogdon
F: Ibaka
UTIL: Noah

You gonna play in the PGA event tonight? It technically starts at 2am PST on Thursday. I don't know shit about golf, but it's a small field and an easier chance to get lucky. Although, a smaller field does mean you gotta be more precise to win 1st place. (I'll essentially play almost any sport if there's a gap in UFC events.)

If Lebron plays I'll be on the Cavs btw

Why are u guys betting on the Lions when Slay and Swanson's availability for the game is unknown?

Seattle oline is terrible and they don't have much of a run game. Wilson can only do so much and I think Detroit can score enough to keep it close.

Seattle oline is terrible and they don't have much of a run game. Wilson can only do so much and I think Detroit can score enough to keep it close.
The 23rd ranked run defense is tough to have confidence in, don't you think?

Lebron playing i got Cavs -3 for 0.55u. Sorry for late post was away from computer

The 23rd ranked run defense is tough to have confidence in, don't you think?

What happened I thought we got you off the Seattle train haha. I just don't think they should be favored by 9. They haven't been as dominant as a team as in years past especially on defense. I do realize Detroits wins aren't very impressive but they seem to have some fight in them and I can see stafford making some plays on seattles defense. Seattle has clearly missed earl Thomas and I believe Tyler lockett injury is also hurting them he is a dynamic playmaker.

I forgot to make a team earlier, so I just put one together real quick:

PG: McCollum
SG: Clay Thompson
SF: Carmelo
PF: Gordon
C: Vucevic
G: Brogdon
F: Ibaka
UTIL: Noah

You gonna play in the PGA event tonight? It technically starts at 2am PST on Thursday. I don't know shit about golf, but it's a small field and an easier chance to get lucky. Although, a smaller field does mean you gotta be more precise to win 1st place. (I'll essentially play almost any sport if there's a gap in UFC events.)

I played the free one they signed me up for for PGA for my December reward or whatever and just picked random guys. I know a little about the PGA but wasn't gonna spend any time with a lineup for a free contest.

We have 3 of the same guys for NBA: Melo, McCollum, Ibaka. Rest of my team is: Josh Richardson, Parker, Reed, Crawford, Oladipo.

And...Ibaka bet loses. In foul trouble and shot horribly from the floor. FFS if you'd have told me he grabs 11 boards tonight I'd have said the bet was ALMOST the L word. SMH, happens.

Parker bet not looking good either, whole Bucks team looks flat. Would need a monster 4th quarter from him.

Late game I'm paying the juice at -145 on McCollum pts+rebounds+assists o32.5. It's a little pricey, but the line is really low imo given that Lillard is out. CJ is gonna carry their offense. They'll get blown out, but he'll take a ton of shots, they'll have a ton of possessions, and he should dish some assists too. I'm okay paying the juice given his #'s in other games this year where Lillard hasn't played.

Waiting on props for Mia/Sac to see if there's anything I like.

@iGnP

Love Embiid's game. KAT too.

But...Giannis. I get any player for the next 12-14 years I'm taking him, don't even have to think about it.

@iGnP

Love Embiid's game. KAT too.

But...Giannis. I get any player for the next 12-14 years I'm taking him, don't even have to think about it.

He's amazing to watch. He just broke my heart with that buzzer beater.

He's amazing to watch. He just broke my heart with that buzzer beater.

It's just ridiculous when you think that he's 7 feet tall (or a shade under) and plays the all around game he does. And his jump shot is gonna get better. As good as he is, he's just scratching the surface now of what he can be.

I'm a Bucks fan but it's been hard to watch them for quite awhile. He's made them exciting and bordering on relevant again. They're a couple years away (and one really good player) from truly challenging but I'm optimistic for the first time in awhile.

Man I guess we aren't getting player props for Mia/Sac or Mem/LAC. I had my eye on a couple potential plays depending on where they were set. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back