Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavs -4 at 2.11 for 0.67U against Jazz tomorrow. Line looks fishy, but I'm just going to bet on the better team long term. Also, Korver expected to debut. More often than not, Cavs win by DD.

Man Knicks just mailed it in tonight, sad. Lose my 2h bet on them and they are so far behind Noah sits the entire 4th quarter and I lose my prop on him. Needed o15.5 pts+rebounds and he has 14 at the end of Q3 and sits the rest of the game. Pathetic.

Man after they completely imploded and blew that lead vs Memphis, I really like the Warriors to come out angry and just flatten the Heat. Miami is bad in pretty much...every area. I honestly think the Warriors win this game by 30. I will lay the 15.5 gladly. Want to get your swag back? A home game vs the Heat should do the trick.

Man after they completely imploded and blew that lead vs Memphis, I really like the Warriors to come out angry and just flatten the Heat. Miami is bad in pretty much...every area. I honestly think the Warriors win this game by 30. I will lay the 15.5 gladly. Want to get your swag back? A home game vs the Heat should do the trick.

Warriors have been very tricky this year. They either:

- Start strong with a 20+ pt lead then lay off the gas and let the other team cover

or

- Start slow then turn it up in the 2H

Warriors also tend to play down to their opponent's level. Throw in that they don't play defense with high turnover then you have a recipe for inconsistency. If I had to force a play, I'd play either Warriors ATS 1q or 1h only since they will take frustration out from Griz game you would think...

It's a home game? Well then, I'm going to have a look at Warriors 1q and 1h lines. I missed that mkess :)

It's a home game? Well then, I'm going to have a look at Warriors 1q and 1h lines. I missed that mkess :)

Yeah and seems like W's play down to their opponents I agree...to a point. Like they will play down to middle of the pack teams. But Miami is SO bad that the talent difference is just monstrous. The W's may honestly cover without really even trying.

They have been a bit flakey this year for sure. Nothing is for sure but man I just don't know how Miami doesn't get run out of there.

So

This Friday there in League 2 (Second division French League) first place Brest is playing at last place Orleans, Brest is +190 which is pretty nuts, Brest has also won 4 out of the last 5 on the road, I dont really trust the lower tiers too much outside the English championship bit this seems like a good opportunity so Im rolling the dice with a 2u play

portland at pick 'em odds intrigues me tomorrow. i don't mind the cavs either.

portland at pick 'em odds intrigues me tomorrow. i don't mind the cavs either.

Portland a jump shooting team that either goes off or runs cold. Lean is the over at 212 or better. Nick Young gonna light it up from 3.

Portland a jump shooting team that either goes off or runs cold. Lean is the over at 212 or better. Nick Young gonna light it up from 3.

It's 223 bro. That actually seems a bit high to me. Neither team guard all that well but like you said, both are primarily perimeter teams that take a lot of jumpers. To hit that over both kinda have to be hot.

It's 223 bro. That actually seems a bit high to me. Neither team guard all that well but like you said, both are primarily perimeter teams that take a lot of jumpers. To hit that over both kinda have to be hot.

Yeah it is high man. 223/4quarters means both teams have to score 56 per quarter. Possible? Maybe. Blazers don't play defense and play uptempo. Lakers also fade in 2H which means the points may not fall. There's better bets on the board. Mkess add me up already so we can discuss (re: my PM) lol.

Yeah Cavs line definitely seems like a trap. So hard not to bet though, curious to hear y'all thoughts on that matchup.

I usually don't like to do more than 2 teams on a teaser but at +110 this one was too good to pass on

Atlanta +3.5
dallas +3.5
Pittsburgh +8

Klay Thompson is sitting out today against Miami Heat.

----------

"Hello PuertoRican,

Last night, Derrick Rose was ruled out of his game after the Knicks' scheduled start time with no notice or news surrounding his absence. As a result, this caused a poor experience for many of our users, like you, who played him. Given the rarity of the event, we'd like to invite you to an exclusive NBA $2K Free Contest, available only to players who drafted Derrick Rose in a lineup last night."

Only $100 for 1st place, but it's better than nothing, I guess...

Only 250 people joined thus far, and there's a little over 2 hours left to join. Hopefully I can get lucky.

Last edited:
NBA 1/10

2u Wizards -9 (-150)
2u Rockets -7 (-150)
1u Cavs -2
0.5u Pistons ML

Tennis 1/10

1.85u Kohlschreiber (-185)
1u Baghdatis (-190)

"Lock" Parlay: Wizards ML/Rockets ML/Kuznetsov/Sousa/Isner/Bertens/Mirza+Strycova: 3u to win 9u

One player prop for the early games. Tons of guys sitting tonight and others possibly out with Butler, Wade, Aldridge, Klay, Avery Bradley etc. all out and Giannis, Batum, Gordon, etc. and a bunch of others questionable.

Patrick Beverly o10.5 pts. 1.5u at +100

He only scored 6 in his last outing, but had gone over 10.5 in the 6 games prior to that one. Houston is projected to score 118.5 pts tonight, tops in the league. And finally Eric Gordon is very questionable to play, and if he doesn't that could mean some increased usage and shots taken by Beverly.

Edit: A little more research I'm adding one more:

Isaiah Thomas pts+rebounds+assists o37.5. 1.5u at -125

He's gone over this # in 4 of his last 5 games. Hell, he's averaging over 35 ppg over his last 10 games. And with no Avery Bradley, expect him to have the ball a ton and take a ton of shots tonight.

Last edited:
@PuertoRican

Two lineups for me tonight:

PG: Brogdon (Giannis questionable and missed shootaround)
SG: Lamb (Batum doubtful)
SF: T. Harris (Luer out, but might not affect Harris' usage that much)
PF: M. Morris (Wash)
C: Gasol (Aldridge out)
G: D. Russell
F: Ariza
Util: I. Thomas

and

PG: Carter-Williams (no Butler or Wade)
SG: Caldwell-Pope
SF: Hardaway Jr. (Korver traded)
PF: Randle
C: Gortat
G: Beverly
F: Durant
Util: Plumlee

I like the Raptors -5 (no Bradley for Boston), Wizards -11.5 (JV squad for the Bulls), Warriors -15 (even without Klay I think they win by a bazillion), and Lakers ML +125.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back