Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March, 2018

Big MLB play tonight. Another line that feels like a trap but cannot be passed on, it makes zero sense.

There's plenty of ways to play it, I have 5 separate plays on it. But here's the bottom line:

Detroit Tigers starter Michael Fulmer has given up 11 ER over his last 2 starts (10 total IP). His stuff is average, and he's struggling. Opposite him tonight is former ace King Felix for the Mariners. His last 2 starts? 10 ER over 10 2/3 IP. His stuff is no longer even above average. Velocity is down, as is the late movement that used to have hitters talking to themselves.

Somehow, for some reason, the o/u on this game is set at 7.5. Yes, it's two below average offensive teams. But to me that doesn't offset the fact it's two pitchers that are struggling badly. This bet could potentially cash even if one of these guys rights the ship and pitches well. I honestly expected the o/u here to be 8.5, not 7.5 (which is why it feels kinda trappy). But I'm not gonna second guess my read. I made bank backing Verlander the oher night when I thought the line felt like a trap and played it anyway, so I have to trust myself again.

I'm playing:
Tigers ML +162 (small)
O7.5 (big)
First 5 innings o4 (medium)
Tigers first five innings o1.5 (medium)
Tigers TT o3.5

Other plays tonight are Rockies ML (+102) medium and Brewers/Twins u9 (small)

Assuming Rockies hold on (up 6-1 in the 9th) that's 4-2-1 but both losses small bets and won my biggest play tonight.

$$$$$$$$

Nice bump to the BR last 2 days. Wish I had stronger leans on the UFC card to put more of these winnings into action. Maybe some good live opportunities will come up.

I'm gonna go an a mini-rant here. It's apropos of absolutely nothing having to do with betting, but this is as good a place as any to get it off my chest. And yes, it's petty and meaningless and all that shit. I know, but I gotta say it. Here goes:

When the FUCK did it become an absolute requirement for every single fucking person in the motherfucking sporting UNIVERSE to use the phrase "At the end of the day" a minimum of 3 times in every interview, radio segment, podcast, and anywhere else that they verbalize anything at all having to do with sports?????? At some point, don't you NOT want to sound like..I don't know...EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT'S UTTERED A FUCKING WORD ABOUT SPORTS PUBLICLY?????? I'm not saying you need to be some sort of brilliant wordsmith or anything, but FFS just say SOMETHING original when it comes to describing..whatever situation you are trying to describe with that phrase. Some suggestions off the top of my head:

"When you boil it down..."
"Bottom line is..."
"Whatever else you want to say or think about it..."

Alright, sorry guys. I'm done. Back to actual betting talk...

Just catching up on the thread. Glad to see the mlb success around here. Lol @mkess101 you forgot "I'm just sayin" that one is especially eye rolling. Gotta think about who they're trying to reach with an analytic like that. Casual fans might get lost in the technical hoo ha of the sport but can relate generic turn of phrase like the ones you mentioned and even reiterate it when they talk about it with other casual fans.

Just catching up on the thread. Glad to see the mlb success around here. Lol @mkess101 you forgot "I'm just sayin" that one is especially eye rolling. Gotta think about who they're trying to reach with an analytic like that. Casual fans might get lost in the technical hoo ha of the sport but can relate generic turn of phrase like the ones you mentioned and even reiterate it when they talk about it with other casual fans.

I know man. I honestly think me being so bothered by it is probably more about me than it is about all the guys constantly saying that phrase. I feel better having typed out my rant though ha ha.

I'm gonna go an a mini-rant here. It's apropos of absolutely nothing having to do with betting, but this is as good a place as any to get it off my chest. And yes, it's petty and meaningless and all that shit. I know, but I gotta say it. Here goes:

When the FUCK did it become an absolute requirement for every single fucking person in the motherfucking sporting UNIVERSE to use the phrase "At the end of the day" a minimum of 3 times in every interview, radio segment, podcast, and anywhere else that they verbalize anything at all having to do with sports?????? At some point, don't you NOT want to sound like..I don't know...EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT'S UTTERED A FUCKING WORD ABOUT SPORTS PUBLICLY?????? I'm not saying you need to be some sort of brilliant wordsmith or anything, but FFS just say SOMETHING original when it comes to describing..whatever situation you are trying to describe with that phrase. Some suggestions off the top of my head:

"When you boil it down..."
"Bottom line is..."
"Whatever else you want to say or think about it..."

Alright, sorry guys. I'm done. Back to actual betting talk...
My pet peeve is people using "exponentially" to mean "greater". E.g. "Wendy's is exponentially better than McDonalds".
Makes me want to punch people in the throat.

I know man. I honestly think me being so bothered by it is probably more about me than it is about all the guys constantly saying that phrase. I feel better having typed out my rant though ha ha.
Eh, it's whatevs. You need to just yell it out sometimes. I rant about the same kind of shit during pay per views when Rogan is calling out individual strikes. "Good leg kick!" Dude are you the color or pbp guy? You can't be both lol.

Eh, it's whatevs. You need to just yell it out sometimes. I rant about the same kind of shit during pay per views when Rogan is calling out individual strikes. "Good leg kick!" Dude are you the color or pbp guy? You can't be both lol.

Ha ha great point. I like Rogan overall but he absolutely does that all the time.

Seattle Mariners LB watch. Waiting til LeBlanc is pulled

Seattle Mariners LB watch. Waiting til LeBlanc is pulled
LeBlanc is actually pitching well. He has allowed 5 hits but he's got a 5 k to 1 bb game going while Liriano has a 0 k and 2 bb game. End of the 4th inning, Tigers up 2-0, officially live betting the Mariners at +200 for 0.5u

LeBlanc is actually pitching well. He has allowed 5 hits but he's got a 5 k to 1 bb game going while Liriano has a 0 k and 2 bb game. End of the 4th inning, Tigers up 2-0, officially live betting the Mariners at +200 for 0.5u
bang bang

I parlayed Warriors ML with u226 for a small bit

Curry 3s over 3.5 easy cash

Tonight
Lebron over 33.5 points -110
Caps/lightning under 6.5 -155 (keep in mind I don’t know shit about hockey this just seems
High)

Tonight
Caps/lightning under 6.5 -155 (keep in mind I don’t know shit about hockey this just seems
High)

6.5 is high. That's why it's juiced but for sure it's high. Only 1 game out of 5 so far in the series have gone over that (although 3 games had 6 total goals and the other had 5-so every game def has some scoring).

Any of you on wonderboy this weekend? Till has burned me against Cerrone but I find it hard to see him knocking wonderboy out if Woodley couldn’t. We haven’t seen till in the later rounds and I don’t think he has the cardio and pace to be able to outlast wonderboy to a decision.

Tonight
High)

Too bad EZFlyer isn't around. Hockey was definitely his forte.

Threw a unit (that i fully expect to lose) on Muguruza to win the French at +900

Back