Opinion NPR Senior Editor Blasts Lack of ‘Viewpoint Diversity’ After Leftward Lurch: ‘Open-Minded Spirit No Longer Exists’

Another good response to the original piece:

BTW, does anyone remember a poster called Giblert? Real creep (really into making false allegations against Republican targets and defender of James Fields). Thread reminds me of him because he'd always talk about being an NPR listener.

Wonder if this is true. Not exactly a great look for the 'balanced' news organization if so. And before anyone gets bent out of shape, the same would be true if the ratio was the other direction.

Lmao, right wing dorks are so easy to fool.

It's heavily left leaning to out right left wing, which is fine but that means they should not get public funding.

It's heavily left leaning to out right left wing, which is fine but that means they should not get public funding.
The problem is that on a lot of issues, just telling the truth is defined as "left-leaning." That puts any institution tasked with saying true things about the world in a bind.

Which is why they are responding so viciously. Everyone knows it's true but this article has started a discussion about pulling their funding.
Nah. It's not really even "vicious." The piece had a large number of factual errors that undermine the case. That fact that people are OK with that kind of thing illustrates the problem. Just telling the truth is seen as bias by partisan fanatics. Also telling that Republicans want to shut down news sources that they don't like.

Last edited:
Here is my funniest NPR story.

During the protests in Ottawa in 2022 I showed up at our US office and the first two people I ran into were diehard NPR listeners who asked me if I was fearful of the violent Nazi takeover of Canada's capital.

I had to assure them that a Nazi insurrection was not taking place in Canada.

I'm sure he'll go on to great fortune now. Funny how that works. Guy writes a poorly argued, error-filled attack on his employer and then becomes a hero to nutters.
So you're ok he got suspended and force to resign ?

So you're ok he got suspended and force to resign ?
I don't know that he was forced, but definitely. If you work for one publication and then print an error-filled rant about your employer in a rival one, I would not expect you to keep your job. I assume he was hoping to get fired and already has rightist billionaires lined up to make him rich.

If you were running a news organization and one of your employees did that, would you keep them on the payroll?

Lmao, right wing dorks are so easy to fool.

You must have forgotten to include the information to counter it.

And “dorks” has to be the p4p weakest pejorative out there. If you’re going to insult someone, let your balls drop and use something with a little more panache.

I don't know that he was forced, but definitely. If you work for one publication and then print an error-filled rant about your employer in a rival one, I would not expect you to keep your job. I assume he was hoping to get fired and already has rightist billionaires lined up to make him rich.

If you were running a news organization and one of your employees did that, would you keep them on the payroll?
an opinion piece from a 25-year employee who has the same views he called out yes, I would, you wouldn't?

Crazy you want a guy like that fired but the top of the chain in the military that royally screwed up the logistics and personnel planning of the Afghan withdraw your cool with them keeping their positions.

You must have forgotten to include the information to counter it.

And “dorks” has to be the p4p weakest pejorative out there. If you’re going to insult someone, let your balls drop and use something with a little more panache.
@evansusmc2 used the word "dorks" to refer to child abusers here recently and he seemed to be offended when I pointed out how odd that was.

@evansusmc2 used the word "dorks" to refer to child abusers here recently and he seemed to be offended when I pointed out how odd that was.

Someone uses the “dork” slight and my mind immediately pictures a feeble pale man who just pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose before mustering the courage to type it out.

It’s an anonymous internet forum, use something that a Mormon wouldn’t use, ffs.

an opinion piece from a 25-year employee who has the same views he called out yes, I would, you wouldn't?

Crazy you want a guy like that fired but the top of the chain in the military that royally screwed up the logistics and personnel planning of the Afghan withdraw your cool with them keeping their positions.
I think lying about and badmouthing the organization in the pages of a rival magazine is just really obviously something that should get you fired. Can't even imagine the argument for not firing him (attempting to distract with hackery is not an argument BTW).

I think lying about and badmouthing the organization in the pages of a rival magazine is just really obviously something that should get you fired. Can't even imagine the argument for not firing him (attempting to distract with hackery is not an argument BTW).
Well be intellectually honest with your response, I am drawing a comparison of an epic screw up that possibly cost lives to an OP piece. If you want to dodge and not answer, just say that and don't call it hackery.

Back